Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Is a cool mist enough for FAE in a Martha?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,220 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2016 - 06:49 AM

My next greenhouse. Probably have to seal the dang thing but its all pvc frame so it wont rust. I was going to wrap a 5 tier resin shelving unit in plastic and add zippers but i got this thing on sale for 16.00 which is what i would pay for a roll of 4 mil plastic so im going to try it out. Im going run waterproof led light tape inside the unit.

https://m.choxi.com/...CFUolgQod_RMM7w

Apparently I stole my current martha idea from you @microbe77! I'll do ya one further! If you plan accordingly and have enough room, one could start with one set of shelves and slowly expand outward. Adding shelving and shower curtains as you need space! All radial like the isolate myc, I emulate the myc.

Anyway, it's modular, so one could lower height of shelving etc.. I use shower curtains, heavy duty (thicker mil), usually made with microban, again, easily expandable and flexible to one's needs, plus they have magnet weights built in (helps keep yer plastic from going all willy nilly). One could run a piece of cord through the top, draw the curtains tighter than the surface area of the top shelf, stick a pvc pipe stuffed with poly in, and BOOM a lil extra FAE with a homemade particle filter, plus that way one could easily remove from shelving for it's WEEKLY washing. Right now I'm using cable ties to get all the variables lined up proper!

Edited by catattack, 06 February 2016 - 06:53 AM.

#42 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2016 - 07:44 AM

My next greenhouse. Probably have to seal the dang thing but its all pvc frame so it wont rust. I was going to wrap a 5 tier resin shelving unit in plastic and add zippers but i got this thing on sale for 16.00 which is what i would pay for a roll of 4 mil plastic so im going to try it out. Im going run waterproof led light tape inside the unit.

https://m.choxi.com/...CFUolgQod_RMM7w

Apparently I stole my current martha idea from you @microbe77! I'll do ya one further! If you plan accordingly and have enough room, one could start with one set of shelves and slowly expand outward. Adding shelving and shower curtains as you need space! All radial like the isolate myc, I emulate the myc.

Anyway, it's modular, so one could lower height of shelving etc.. I use shower curtains, heavy duty (thicker mil), usually made with microban, again, easily expandable and flexible to one's needs, plus they have magnet weights built in (helps keep yer plastic from going all willy nilly). One could run a piece of cord through the top, draw the curtains tighter than the surface area of the top shelf, stick a pvc pipe stuffed with poly in, and BOOM a lil extra FAE with a homemade particle filter, plus that way one could easily remove from shelving for it's WEEKLY washing. Right now I'm using cable ties to get all the variables lined up proper!
I ordered 2 of them, the picture is not the configuration of the unit so im joining the 2. It is not pvc frame either so im going to paint on the tubing with a premium paint so it will not rust.

#43 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,220 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2016 - 09:19 AM

I just bought 100% resin shelving. It's rated to hold 150lb for each shelf methinks. 7' tall, 5 shelves ~30-35$. 

#44 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,322 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

I just bought 100% resin shelving. It's rated to hold 150lb for each shelf methinks. 7' tall, 5 shelves ~30-35$.

Wrap it in plastic and get to farming!

#45 Jrotten

Jrotten

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:46 PM

What specific models of humidifiers are people using?

#46 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,220 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2016 - 12:32 PM

What specific models of humidifiers are people using?

I run cool mists and warm mists.. the 30-40$ range, vicks brand

#47 stmhunter

stmhunter

stxsp

• Free Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Title says it all. I have read a ton of threads and the answer does not seem clear. I would imagine that the change in temperature with the room and the martha would be enough but I wanted some more input. I'm over SGFG's, plus I could convert them to monos..

Thoughts?

I think she belongs behind bars, maybe not metal ones, but she's actually pretty cute.

Where are we going with this? or What is a Martha?

young Martha.

25su8n8.jpg

Edited by stmhunter, 01 May 2016 - 03:28 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#48 ChesireCat

ChesireCat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:41 PM

This is exactly the info I needed thank you so much!
  • coorsmikey likes this

#49 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this fucking guy

• OG VIP
  • 11,220 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:43 PM

This is exactly the info I needed thank you so much!

NP. That's what we do.

#50 NotFadeAway

NotFadeAway

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2018 - 05:24 PM

Bump! What is everyone using to bring FAE in to the Martha? I was thinking of using an air purifier or a small centrifugal fan with a hose to bring fresh air in from outside the tent. I currently use a cool mist humidifier (outside the tent w/ hose) and a clip fan inside to keep air stirred up but have yet to use any thing to bring fresh air in. I believe my Martha is staying too wet as the racks are constantly dripping. Maybe this is where my contamination issues are coming from I don't know

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!