• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:54 PM

I quit using nicotine too about 19 months ago .. one of my last mushroom trips right before the move.
       Funny story having been the sole person tasks with moving everyones shit and worried about things to come I had started to get chest pains but it may have been a sprain in my upper arm ..anyway not wanting to waste my last true moments alone I ate some magic mushrooms popped in superman and proceeded to suck on my e-cig  ..eventually my chest started paining me when I looked at the eletronic device and decided it was making me sick..I flung it upon the floor , I pulled out my backup battery and e juices and threw them down..got the sack out of the fridge of e juices and added it to the pile
   Then I woke my now ex-girlfriend up at 3:30 in the morning got her to come downstairs and as I was throwing it all n the trash I looked at her all serious like and said ..I think Im dying, here take what money I have in my pocket.
     She was talking abut calling an ambulance and I was like "what are you crazy ? Im tripping balls I don't want to go there, besides I need a shower or better yet a bath."
    She kept on me about what was going on and I said its like the din mok death touch I don't know when its going to go down but im sure its in the process and it probably wont be tonight.
  Anyway it kind of stuck with me and I haven't used nicotine since.

• prof_it_e, Heirloom , niemandgeist and 1 other like this

#2 nugget

nugget

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 408 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 04:58 PM

My now ex found a new bf last year and gave me the shit can.. 

Ive still stuck it out till now for the kid here but will be moving out in a few weeks now then its going to be on!

Mescaline and mushroom trips galore. ..except on the weekends of course Just like now I wont trip in front of my kid.

#3 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 5,915 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:53 PM

good job! don't go back. i'm 3 years going on my 4th.. if u crave just take a toke of weed is my philosophy :) keep up the good work brother!

• AGAMA and Heirloom like this

#4 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,989 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:17 PM

Hell yeah nugget! That's my aim. I've been quitting one thing at a time for two years or so. I am the most sober I've ever been since childhood! Cigs and coffee are next. Now that I'm not all wagged out I can really feel how they make Life jarder not safter.

Maybe my next trip they'll end up on the floor... I hope so.

congrads on moving forward in your Life. It's not easy. Some moments can really be painful... One saying that's been helping me lately is " Your willingness to be in the discomfort of changing perspective." And "I am a Mountain!"

• Heirloom likes this

#5 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

Nicotine is drugs, and drugs are bad, M'Kay?

I quit smoking twenty years ago, and only once tried it again when I was tired of slowly but surely gaining weight I couldn't seem to ever lose.

I guess cuz food tastes so much better without cigarettes, as well as the old lady's breath, it makes it more desirable.

Either way you get a bad heart, but you don't want to live forever anyways, just until you aren't having any more good days.

• Heirloom likes this

#6 whitethumb

whitethumb

poisoned beauties

• OG VIP
  • 1,040 posts

Donator

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:07 PM

I quite cold turkey almost 5 years ago. It still feels like a dream considering it was so hard to quit the 100's of times before.
  • AGAMA and Heirloom like this

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,554 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:13 AM

I was once a two pack a day (three if drinking).  I now have COPD.  Smelling a cigarette from 200 feet away sets it off.  I can't be around a cigarette.  I haven't had a puff in over 20 years (this time).  Quitting is way too hard to do it as many times as I did.  I obviously didn't quit and stay quit long enough ago to totally escape.   I have gotten to watch it kill friends, father, and many others.  You'd think my testimony would be all it would take.  I can't decide for anyone else.  I've had to accept that.  Hang in there for your own reasons, if mine won't do it.  My best wishes are with you.

• prof_it_e and Heirloom like this

#8 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,683 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:12 AM

Congratulations! I stopped smoking tobacco cigarettes (used to smoke tobacco out of a pipe for a while, too) more than 2 years ago now. I used those vaporizer/e-cig things on occasion, but I decided to quit those as well. I keep my kit around in case I get the urge to smoke because I'd rather vape than get cigarettes, but it's been over a month and I don't miss it.

Tobacco/nicotine is tough to get away from. So unhealthy, too. Be proud of yourself!

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

I really hope that no one ever starts smoking and those who want to quit can find
the resolve needed to beat tobacco.

#10 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:39 PM

I've heard that it was harder to quit cigarettes than heroin.

I proved to myself that is SOOO not true.

If you go in for the Keith Richards 24 hour heroin withdrawl clinic they tell you that if you smoked before, you won't any more.

One of the side benefits of having $10,000 to come clean.

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,554 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:42 PM

For anyone still hooked up to the fags:

I just found a copy of the movie, The Insider, at a thrift store and watched it for the first time since it was new.  Get this movie for all it tells us about cigarettes, the media, and capitalism, as we have come to know and love it.

#12 Sade

Sade

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 413 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:19 PM

Use to smoke a pack a day. Now I haven't had a cigarette 3 years. Best decision I have made.
  • coorsmikey, AGAMA, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#13 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:54 PM

Can't seem to leave nicotine alone to save my sorry hide.

I quit for a year - 10 years ago. But I found an excuse and picked it back up. 

Still hoping. Still desiring the good life. And I have the experience - know how it feels to be free.

I've been kicking the idea around a lot lately. Maybe it's time to act.

Thanks for bringing this up.

• coorsmikey and AGAMA like this

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,554 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:38 PM

It would be an interesting study to see how many of the recently croaking rockers were smokers. 

Seeing The Insider again and how it showed the tobacco companies got me fired up.  Losing my best friend to Camel Filters poisoning a while back didn't help either.  I remember he liked that movie, but it wasn't enough for him.   He used to say, "I need to go fill my hump," when he needed another cigarette. 

I notice my COPD every day.  I haven't had a butt for 20 years.  

I hope everyone who wants to can make the break.

• Myc and AGAMA like this

#15 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 405 posts

Donator

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

Can't seem to leave nicotine alone to save my sorry hide.

I quit for a year - 10 years ago. But I found an excuse and picked it back up. 

Still hoping. Still desiring the good life. And I have the experience - know how it feels to be free.

I've been kicking the idea around a lot lately. Maybe it's time to act.

Thanks for bringing this up.

I quit cold turkey for 6 months last year but picked it back up again. Maybe we should have a nicotine withdrawl support thread or something. I really want to quit again and I know I CAN overcome it.

• Myc, coorsmikey, AGAMA and 1 other like this

#16 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,554 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:58 PM

The only way that ever worked for me was cold turkey.  It was never easy or fun, so why did I start back up so many times?   I saw it was from taking one puff from someone's cigarette at some moment of something less than brilliance.  I finally saw that the resolve had to be to not take one puff.   I started thinking of cigarette butts stuck in my mashed potatoes, or coffee cup, or the couple times someone put one in my beer bottle thinking it was a dead soldier and I picked it up and swigged it.  If cigarettes aren't nasty enough all by themselves...  Now just smelling one from 100 feet away sets off my COPD and I start coughing up crap. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 09 February 2016 - 07:59 PM.

• Myc and AGAMA like this

#17 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 07:38 AM

I'm with ya @pastyoureyes - doing things alone, I can get it done. A support group - or other group of individuals with similar goals just increases the certainty of success. A thread for the hopeless butt-head may be in order.

And I hear ya Alder

My dad is dying from camels. My fiancee, who also smokes, sounds worse than my dad does (she's my age - dad's your age).

I've been sick recently and smoking has had all of the appeal of huffing mace. But I managed to suck on them anyway. A week ago, I began chewing again to try and break the smoking cycle - but I know cold turkey is the only way to get it done. 

IME - the patches, lozenges, and pills just seem to make things worse. It's a matter of having a go-to place in your mind when the craving hits. Resistance is no defense - replacement with other thinking/action increases success. I may chew gum for awhile - or some other oral fixation.

I'm not bitching or crying. I know I need to quit and the thought of struggling for my last breath(s) is very real and very frightening.

Boiling frogs and all that shit. I'm swimming for the edge of the kettle so I can crawl out.

#18 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 11,554 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:12 AM

One thing comes to mind remembering my quitting efforts.   That word, "craving," brought this back to me: coffee and chocolate seemed to keep the nicotine craving alive.  I found that if I put those two down while I was doing the battle with the ciggies, it made it a little easier.   I don't know what the connection was, but that is how it worked for me.   It seemed the craving was generic from all three.  When I set aside all three, there was less craving.   I avoided chocolate altogether and allowed myself only two small cups of coffee in the morning while I was kicking.

• Myc likes this

#19 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 405 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:17 AM

Not sure how true this statement is but I've been reading "Sceletium (tortuosum) has the ability to help reduce cravings for nicotine and reduces the withdrawal effects of alcohol and other addictive drugs."  I was considering getting a prescription for welbutrin to help quit which is also an SSRI. Part of the reason I started again was that I became agitated very easily even after the toxins left my body. I have the willpower but seem to need a little help neuro-chemically speaking. Also don't have the option of using MJ to help.

Edited by pastyoureyes, 11 February 2016 - 06:20 AM.

#20 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,894 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:27 AM

I would avoid the Welbutrin - like the plague.

I've tried it and it made me crazier than just sitting through a craving or two. In comparing notes with friends - they said the same. 

One friend of mine totally scared the shit out of his family by going into a near homicidal rage over dirty laundry being left on the floor. He quit taking the pills and recovered his sanity after the effects wore off.

When I was taking the stuff, it made me want to drink (alcohol) like a madman. 

The fiancee is taking it right now - and still smoking like a train after two months (and drinking). - sheesh - I'm surrounded by vice while I try to adapt and change.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!