22 replies to this topic

#21 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 402 posts

Donator

Posted 11 February 2016 - 10:48 AM

I smoked for 23 years and for half of that time I rolled my own, I quit smoking cold turkey.
I quit in January of 2009 after wheezing all day and at night when I slept. I even would wake up wheezing. I wasn't even able to work without breathing problems. One night I kept coughing and coughing and nothing would come up but I could still feel and hear stuff in my chest, I am a determined person, so I made myself cough until whatever was there came out.....It was blacker than black and right then and there I threw all tobacco away. Just a week before, I told my wife I'd stop smoking when I was dead.
It wasn't easy at first, but I kept thinking of what I had coughed up and chewed a lot of gum. After about 2 weeks I didn't feel the body cravings that nicotine produces.....after that it was all mental. Yes I gained some weight but that was fine with me.

Now it is February of 2016, it's been 7 years since I have stopped.....I have NO desire to ever pick them up again, I don't even think about it, I still cough up nasty shit sometimes, mainly when I smoke weed, but I feel better, I don't wheeze, I can breathe better, I eat like a fucking horse, food tastes better, I don't smell like a ashtray, the positives are endless so yeah.....I'd probably have emphysema, cancer, copd, or something else, it was the best decision I have ever made, and I am proud of myself that I quit. Good luck to those of you that smoke and are looking for ways to stop.

Edit: And congratulations to those of you that have quit. I know your lives are better now because of making that decision.

Edited by Baphom3t, 11 February 2016 - 10:52 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#22 Jenniferjupiter

Jenniferjupiter

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 273 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

I was on Bupropion (wellabutrin) 100mg all last year and it helped me stop using Mary so much almost all the craving went away, I got on the Wellabutrin for anxiety and started therapy... here we are 1 year later, and Im getting ready to grow golden teacher to help me kick the last 50mg of the drug out of my system. I have found that micro-dosing with the mushroom is FAR better than any pharma could ever be. It did help me though (bupropion) and I was on such a small amount in conjunction with therapy. I weaned myself off of the drug and then ran out of the mushroom, (or else I would be drug free now) it was a good 2 or more weeks and then I got triggered again and the anxiety attacks started. S0 I started on just 50 mg) The withdrawl from wellabutrin is worse than ciggarettes I can assure you. ( I quit 10! years ago?) wow ok 9 1/2.. anyways , what I found was I had to STOP everything I associated with smoking, i.e coffee, switched to tea, not going to bars with my friends, went to my art studio instead.. and joined a gym... a total system detox.. IT can be done!! Micro dosing is a miracle and will take the edge off. my main reason for growing my own medicine. GOOD LUCK!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

#23 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 472 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 07:35 AM

I was on welbutrin (among other pills) as a teenager for depression or whatever problem they said I had to push pills at me. I noticed no negative side effects from it or any effects for that matter. I wasn't smoking at the time due to being in the hospital so I have no idea how effective it would be in that respect. Never experienced withdrawl from it either. During that period of my life I was given all kinds of pills with nasty side effects and withdrawls. Effexor had the worst withdrawl, abilify almost killed me and seroquel gave me irrational fears and affixed a creepy permenant smile to my facial muscles. Sorry for going off topic just felt like sharing.

• Jenniferjupiter likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!