• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

I've been debating making stuffed psilocybin mushrooms, using a recipe that I have for portabellos, but swapping them with some cubensis. My question is, would the process of cooking ruin potency? I'm thinking not, since people make tea with it.

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

Cubensis caps aren't as ridgid as Portabellos, they fall apart much easier and I think the cooking would make it worse. Plus I think they would still taste like crap IMO. To answer your question though, a light cooking would not effect the potency to much. Cooking the heck out them like in a spaghetti sauce will effect the potency quite a bit.
  • Juthro and niemandgeist like this

#3 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

am I the only one that likes the taste?

• Stoned Angel, Saphroziac, niemandgeist and 2 others like this

#4 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:59 PM

Nah! My cat loves them too, I have to be careful and not drop any cuz she will find em and she does eat them. She likes to taste all the wild mushrooms outside cuz I find teeth marks on them, but cubes she will chomp em down. Crazy cat!
  • Stoned Angel, catattack, Vil and 1 other like this

#5 Green (E)

Green (E)

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

you may be catattack. i nearly puked chowing down a sub threshold gram and half at the show on sunday :(

• catattack likes this

#6 Mycomaniac2007

Mycomaniac2007

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

They really aren't that bad when dried, kinda woody. But a 40 fresh gram dose is another story ! Yuck... Thats when I have trouble. Now Pans have no mushroom flavor at all and are very easy to eat. Just very Bitter
  • coorsmikey likes this

#7 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:15 PM

Nah! My cat loves them too, I have to be careful and not drop any cuz she will find em and she does eat them. She likes to taste all the wild mushrooms outside cuz I find teeth marks on them, but cubes she will chomp em down. Crazy cat!

Smart cat. 

• coorsmikey, Kryptik and Downbad like this

#8 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 574 posts

Donator

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:24 PM

Capsule Form is the greatest way to take mushrooms ever. Besides the fact you gotta take a shit usually, but that may depend on the strain. 

I wonder if there is a strain that doesn't make you take a messy dump shortly after ingestion.

Edited by Saphroziac, 06 July 2015 - 08:24 PM.

#9 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 08:31 PM

chocolates seem to work the best for magic fungi, due to the low temps required for melting chocolate.

But, I was thinking, that your stuffed mushroom recipe would work depending on the recipe....if it involves meats, cook the meats prior to stuffing. And all ingredients, I would allow to come to room temp before baking, cream cheese, parmesane, etc...

As coorsmikey stated, they are more brittle than ports, so care would need to be taken. I would bake for 15 minutes at 350*F, or until warm....or quite evenly broil for 10-15 minutes

• Vil likes this

#10 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 09:53 PM

Capsule Form is the greatest way to take mushrooms ever. Besides the fact you gotta take a shit usually, but that may depend on the strain.
I wonder if there is a strain that doesn't make you take a messy dump shortly after ingestion.

Extracts done with alcohol get rid of the shits and most of all the nausea. If you still get nauseous its probably from motion sickness from the ride, lol . Blue jelly fish glitter shits suck, especially when you out in the field or a show. Not to mention to lose the yawns and the tear eyes to with extracts. The body load disappears also.

Edited by coorsmikey, 06 July 2015 - 09:55 PM.

• Juthro and Funkazitaki like this

#11 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,284 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

I personally like tea, and while I don't like the taste of cube's dried or fresh, I do enjoy the taste of tea. Especially if a little lemon and sugar is added, the tea tastes quiet good IMHO.
  • coorsmikey and Skywatcher like this

#12 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:08 AM

I don't mind the shits. Sometimes, a nice dump is kind of satisfying, and when I'm mid-trip, it's kind of euphoric. I'm not trying to be gross, and I know how screwed up that sounds. Some of My most creative moments are when I'm on the porcelain throne, and that's without being off on a long, strange journey. :)

I've been planning on canning some in honey, only when I do, I'm going to grind down a mushroom or three in some honey off to the side, and I'm going to mix bits of this in to the honey that I pour around the mushrooms, to help speed along the process of certain agents being absorbed into the surrounding honey. I figure that if I put these aside for a few months, they might prove to be some fun treats down the road.

• snapshot706 and Funkazitaki like this

#13 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,905 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:28 AM

I don't mind the shits. Sometimes, a nice dump is kind of satisfying, and when I'm mid-trip, it's kind of euphoric. I'm not trying to be gross, and I know how screwed up that sounds. Some of My most creative moments are when I'm on the porcelain throne, and that's without being off on a long, strange journey. :)

It doesn't matter what drug I take, I end up pooping or puking right around the come-up. I've come to love the "sublime bewilderment" of shitting with a head full of mushrooms, LSD, mescaline, or MDMA. The towels in the bathroom breathe, the shower curtain shares primordial secrets, or the TP roll giggles with me...

As for cooking with psychedelic mushrooms, I wouldn't bother. Too much risk of killing the actives. Plus to that, a full stomach increases the chances of me puking & wasting a good dose...

I can't eat whole shrooms anymore, but that doesn't stop me. I like to make tea with a homemade mushroom teabag and some regular tea bags (Pomegranate Pizzazz is my fave) mixed with 2 crushed vitamin C tabs per dose.
  • Stoned Angel and Juthro like this

#14 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

bread and deep fry them...

• Stoned Angel and Juthro like this

#15 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:32 AM

I don't think that would be wise, but then again I won't even use heat to dry mine..   :tinfoil:

#16 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,284 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 12:33 PM

I remember someone talking about that around here a while back, but I couldn't remember who (and I was to lazy to search). It was reported to have little to no loss of potency if my memory serves my correct, though I have never tried it myself.

I always thought it would be a good way to cover up the taste, and make a cool treat.

#17 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,403 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

I like the taste of cubes fresh or dried all on their own. Then again, I also like really dark chocolate and black tea and black coffee.

If I combine cubes with food I usually just go with tossing them into a salad with some tasty salad dressing. This way you know you're eating a light meal so your stomach won't be TOO full to slow the come-up/onset and effects, it'll be a nice healthy meal, and it'll be tasty, too. Oh, and you don't need to concern yourself about whether or not your mushrooms have lost any potency because you aren't cooking anything or heating anything up.

In my experience, the GOOD kind of stuffed mushrooms are mushrooms with big thick caps that get stuffed to the brim with crab or lobster meat or something, lots of seasoning, and well, they're supposed to stuff you up. If you did that with cubes successfully it'd probably take ages for them to kick in and the cooking might negatively impact the potency.

I'd rather eat the cubes raw fresh or dried or in a tasty light salad and then gorge myself on crabmeat stuffed mushrooms toward the end of the trip with some beer.

• Phineas_Carmichael and Vil like this

#18 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 02:25 PM

fresh, put them in a 'ninja' blender with fruit and veggies!

• Mycomaniac2007 likes this

#19 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,655 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Cue was the one that recommended the deep frying to me .

drnasty has tried deep frying them,, and now he recommends it too :D 

both report zero lose in potency. 

im yet to try it but im going to try it out soon... i think it will be MUCH better.

Its reported that when deep fried... its VERY VERY easy to eat MORE and MORE of them.. and I dont

find it hard to believe ONE BIT with a nice seasoned breading in a nice rich peanut oil, UMMMM

Fresh in smoothy might not be to bad, maybe a dark chocolate peanut butter smoothie :)

Edited by Il19z8rn4li1, 07 July 2015 - 03:10 PM.

• fungi2bwith, niemandgeist and catattack like this

#20 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

now I'm hungry.. anyone got any sardines?

• Funkazitaki likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!