#21 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,203 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 03:24 PM

Yea, I think it was the Doc's thread that I remember. If both he and Cue say it works, that's good enough for me to be willing to try it.

I mean if you think about it, what isn't good battered and deep fried....

#22 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka cactus lady

• OG VIP
  • 1,960 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

I've been debating making stuffed psilocybin mushrooms, using a recipe that I have for portabellos, but swapping them with some cubensis. My question is, would the process of cooking ruin potency? I'm thinking not, since people make tea with it.

I think it sounds pretty good. I'd eat it. :biggrin:  One thing in a stuffed mushroom recipe you usually have to gill em' .... I'd leave the gills.. and I would leave the stuffing pretty lite and easy. Definitely I wouldn't put meat. But heck whatever floats your boat. Let me reiterate if you offered I'd eat one and be super excited to try. :afro:

• Juthro likes this

#23 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka cactus lady

• OG VIP
  • 1,960 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Yea, I think it was the Doc's thread that I remember. If both he and Cue say it works, that's good enough for me to be willing to try it.

I mean if you think about it, what isn't good battered and deep fried....

yhuuummm Deeeeep friiiiiedd :weedpoke:

• Juthro likes this

#24 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:44 PM

I've been having more amusement over the idea of cats eating shrooms. I mean, when you think about it, cats are always on a level beyond us. When we trip, we just barely touch their level. When a cat trips? Shit. We're never reaching that level of consciousness. :p

• Skywatcher likes this

#25 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:46 PM

Thank you for suggestions, all of you. By the way, I think that I know how I'll do it. I will cook up the fillers separately. It's really not difficult to do. I'll heat them up, and then I'll put them on upturned caps, cover them with cheese, and I will put them in the oven, to bake at 420 degrees, only long enough for the cheese to melt. I won't worry about browning it. That would be overkill.

• Stoned Angel, Juthro and niemandgeist like this

#26 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka cactus lady

• OG VIP
  • 1,960 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:48 PM

My first job was at little caesers (sp?) When we wanted to eat booms I'd make us a pizza, add magic mushrooms, and slide it thou the oven. Those were some fun times. Good trips.

• Juthro, catattack and Vil like this

#27 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:01 PM

You have got to come work at the Little Sleazers out by Me!

• Stoned Angel and Juthro like this

#28 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,401 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 09:48 AM

Man, I remember when they had a Little Caesar's  inside of the K-mart near here. I think every Wednesday you could get two one-topping pies for like $5.

One time my friend and I went there and this black dude with really long dread locks took our order. He was like "Aiight. Two mushrooms for da bruthas."

Then he paced around behind the counter saying stuff like "Maannnnn.... This BOGUS. This ficTITious. This prePOSterous." and so on until our pizza was done.

Wonder what happened to that guy. Pizza was totally non-fictitous, though. Little Caesar's is still good food. Junk food, but good tasting.

#29 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,593 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

do they have a sardine pizza?

#30 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,648 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:00 PM

the little caesars by me is merely cardboard with ketchup on top lol...

• Juthro likes this

#31 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,401 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

the little caesars by me is merely cardboard with ketchup on top lol...

Sounds like Dominoes around here sometimes. It really depends on which one you order from. You figure they'd have quality control for every restaurant, but you can only do so much I guess. Guess the same probably applies to Little Caesar's. I've even had Papa John's be hit or miss now and again. The only places I know to get quality pizza 100% of the time are the more expensive mom and pop joints that have every kind of slice and topping ready to go you can imagine, and lots of stuff you'd never imagine could be made into a pizza.

But sometimes you just wanna chow down on cheap pizza and the mom and pop places can't compare to Little Caesar's, Papa Johns, Dominoes, etc.

#32 Harleensacidtrip

Harleensacidtrip

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:45 AM

Cat I love the taste of them as they are, the nice earthy taste.

As for mixing them in with something, I like to put them in fruit smoothies(as mentioned above) No heat gets added to them that way and the fruit does over power the taste.

I'd recommend if you do it in a shake...don't mix candies or chocolate chip in...it gives it a weird texture.

Edited by Harleensacidtrip, 18 July 2015 - 10:49 AM.

• catattack likes this

#33 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:57 PM

Noted. Thanks.

#34 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,713 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

now I'm hungry.. anyone got any sardines?

Just for you cat.................

post-126525-0-34286700-1437363231.jpg

th.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 19 July 2015 - 10:34 PM.

• Juthro and Funkazitaki like this

#35 Vil

Vil

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:27 PM

I like the taste of cubes fresh or dried all on their own. Then again, I also like really dark chocolate and black tea and black coffee.

If I combine cubes with food I usually just go with tossing them into a salad with some tasty salad dressing. This way you know you're eating a light meal so your stomach won't be TOO full to slow the come-up/onset and effects, it'll be a nice healthy meal, and it'll be tasty, too. Oh, and you don't need to concern yourself about whether or not your mushrooms have lost any potency because you aren't cooking anything or heating anything up.

In my experience, the GOOD kind of stuffed mushrooms are mushrooms with big thick caps that get stuffed to the brim with crab or lobster meat or something, lots of seasoning, and well, they're supposed to stuff you up. If you did that with cubes successfully it'd probably take ages for them to kick in and the cooking might negatively impact the potency.

I'd rather eat the cubes raw fresh or dried or in a tasty light salad and then gorge myself on crabmeat stuffed mushrooms toward the end of the trip with some beer.

Keeping that in mind, heating could be done with the ingredients, which could then be added when they cool. Chopped lobster meat, with mozzarella cheese and balsamic vinegar can be cooked together, then diced and cooled. Stuff the caps when the mix gets lukewarm, and then lightly sprinkle it with garlic powder. 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!