• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 03:20 AM

I know ingenuity and creativity go a long way when designing grow cabinets or any type of grow room, grow chamber, etc.. but I would really like to find some plans for a reasonably priced (read inexpensive) stealth cabinet. I am only wishing to grow 2 to 4 plants.. just enough to keep me self-sufficient. I've got some seeds from some ragweed to try first before I try to venture on purchasing better seeds (see my other post for that problem).

I have some books such as "Closet Cultivator", "Marijuana HOrticulture: Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible", "The Cannabis Grow Bible", and a couple others. All mention grow cabinets but none of them really show how to set one up.. all the grow setups I've found in books have been pretty damn large IMHO. At least for what I want. I've scoured forums and there were many posts on many forums referring to plans for a C13 cabinet or other mills pride cabinet plans, but all the posts I've come across refer back to posts on overgrow.com which has been shut down.

If anyone could point me in the right direction for some small, stealth grow setups I would really appreciate it. If the plans or some type of instructions on how to set it all up are included that would be even better! I've got a general idea of what I want to do. I have two spare bedrooms both of which have double door closets. I'm thinking of somehow partitioning off one half of a closet for a grow, or otherwise to buy some type of cabinet. Thanks for the help or a redirect to some good information on this.

#2 llamabox

llamabox

Researcher

• OG VIP
  • 1,406 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 July 2006 - 08:12 AM

Here is a thread that shows how to build a SOG box.

http://www.icmag.com...ead.php?t=27982

#3 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

Here is a thread that shows how to build a SOG box.

http://www.icmag.com...ead.php?t=27982

Thanks for the link.. very nice instructions. I might be able to come up with a smaller design for my needs based on that. I'm still a long way off from actually building one but need to start planning everything now. :pirate:

#4 manjotar

manjotar

Disciple of Boognish

• Expired Member
  • 451 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:40 PM

http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=9044

this is a link to DJTetsu's awesome rubbermaid growroom tek,
i use it and and am glad to shamelessly promote it :D

#5 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:30 PM

http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=9044

this is a link to DJTetsu's awesome rubbermaid growroom tek,
i use it and and am glad to shamelessly promote it :D

Thanks for the info..

#6 glknott

glknott

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:08 PM

my ideas are pretty much robbed from jorges cervante's INDOOR .air flow,heat considerations etc can be resolved by using air cooled lighting,4 x mn. air xchange (bit much sum would say) charcoal filtered outside. but the main thing is this ; why go to the trouble if not raising the best around?May i suggest anything from mitymite...8-1 harvest.

#7 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:58 PM

May i suggest anything from mitymite...8-1 harvest.

It's like you're speaking another language right there. Is mitymite a seed bank, individual, or a strain? Is the 8-1 harvest mean 8oz per 1 plant?? .:eusa_thin I have some Masterlow, Cinderalla 99 F2, & BlueCotton (BlueberryXCottonCandy) seeds that I plan on starting off with.

#8 Mylo

Mylo

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 August 2006 - 09:36 PM

This is a bit more complexx but works wonders :teeth:
http://www.icmag.com...ead.php?t=31605

#9 red_lenses

red_lenses

Pandoras Box Is Open

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:19 PM

This ones not quite finished yet, it still needs 3 more drawer faces attached and the wiring cleaned up inside.
it was made from an old dresser purchased from a goodwill store

Attached Thumbnails

• day 24 4 (Medium).jpg
  • Picture 003 (Medium).jpg
  • Picture 264 (Medium).jpg
  • Picture 263 (Medium).jpg
  • Picture 0261 (Medium).JPG
  • Picture 0021 (Medium).JPG

#10 Cheebabear

Cheebabear

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:25 PM

nice little setup up. :thumbup:

#11 mycodutty

mycodutty

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:31 PM

One thing to watch out for is heat. I tried using a rubbermaid shed with a 400w Mh and lined the walls with Mylar. This turned into an oven, I really think I could of baked brownies in it (my special recepie brownies that is)! This was with two huge squirrel cage fans and an air conditioned room too. The problem with sealed, small units is always gonna be heat and ventillation. My friend did have a lot of success with a little 4' x 4' sealed box and a small HPS bulb. He did sea of green and only used short clones. It was more than enough to keep him with great smoke!
Good Luck my friend!

#12 red_lenses

red_lenses

Pandoras Box Is Open

• Free Member
  • 423 posts

Posted 30 August 2006 - 09:39 PM

Forgot to mention,that is a 400w HPS with a home made cooltube hooked up to a 175cfm vortex blower.
As long as the exaust goes outside it runs 5 degrees over ambient room temp.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!