12 replies to this topic

#1 skitsofrantik75

skitsofrantik75

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 276 posts

Donator

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:04 AM

Been reading on this low dose lemon tek and thinking that I want to give it a try.  I have some questions first though:

is it good for beginners??

what all do I need to do it??

is it hard to do??

Just point me in the right direction and ill do the leg work myself.  I just don't know were to obtain a lot of this stuff as im scared of buying online as I may be scammed,

or buying from a cop, or just waste my money.  I know you all will point me the right way so Im sorry for all the questions but I am a newb.

#2 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,537 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:25 AM

Lemon tek is pretty easy. I recommend using fresh lemons or limes, though. And yes, you can substitute limes. The citric acid is what makes it all work anyway, so limes, lemons, or lemon/lime -- it's all your own preference. I've read that it helps to use fresh ripe fruit and not to use the juice you can buy in the store, but I've also read some people online saying it doesn't matter.

I'd rather use the fresh fruit any day, though.

Here's a quick write-up from a magic truffle/magic mushroom website that explains it pretty well:

Fancy taking your magic truffle trip to the next level? Then maybe the lemon tek is for you.

Some psychonauts say that the magic of the truffles can be considerably enhanced using this technique. Essentially, the tek consists of turning your mushrooms or truffles into a lemon juice drink - but does it really turn up the high?

Commonly, psilocybin is considered the psychoactive compound in magic mushrooms and truffles. However, psilocybin by itself does not produce any mind altering effects. Psilocybin is a prodrug, which means it gets converted into another drug - psilocin. When mushrooms or truffles are ingested, the acid in the stomach naturally dephosphorylates the psilocybin into psilocin, its psychoactive form.

The science behind the lemon tek goes like this: the acid in the lemon jumpstarts the conversion of non-psychoactive psilocybin into psychoactive psilocin. This takes work off the stomach, which otherwise would need to do the conversion. As a consequence, the magic is absorbed faster, which means the trip comes on more quickly and harder.

What’s happening is that the lemon tek simply increases the absorption rate of the mushrooms or truffles. Instead of experiencing a gradual buildup and comedown, the effects are condensed into a shorter and more intense experience.

For some, the trip feels twice as strong, but others think it just comes on faster, not stronger. Until you know how your body reacts to the mix, it’s a good idea to start out with half the dose you would normally take.

Here’s how to make the lemon tek:

1. Grind your dry truffles or shrooms into a powder as fine as possible

2. Put the powder into a small glass

3. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice and mix with the powdered truffles (just enough to cover)

4. Leave it to mingle for 20 minutes, stirring every 5. (Don’t leave it any longer than this).

5. Drink the mixture in one go.

6. Put a small amount of water in the glass, swirl and drink to get any leftovers.

7. Fasten your seatbelt.

(http://www.zamnesia....aster-trip-n232)

In my experience the lemon tek makes the mushrooms kick in much faster, but the overall trip may not last as long. It can help make a smaller does go a longer way. Everyone will respond to the same mushrooms, at the same dose, in the same setting a bit differently, though, so you'll have to try for yourself and see how it goes.

It's pretty easy! Hardest part I've had with lemon/lime tekking was swallowing up the wet mushroom bits and whatnot, but that's not really HARD I guess.

Edited by niemandgeist, 01 August 2015 - 03:26 AM.

#3 kroki

kroki

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:22 AM

I will try it out today for the first time, small amount something in the 1-2g range, is there a less  nausea and body load with this tek ? 

#4 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,537 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:25 PM

I will try it out today for the first time, small amount something in the 1-2g range, is there a less  nausea and body load with this tek ? 

That seems to vary from person to person, so you're going to have to try it and see how it goes.

#5 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

I have soaked my shrooms in 190 proof, and then used lemon juice out of the little squeezers to knock the evil taste down a bit. 

I thought this was a growing thread, not a consuming thread, so in answer to your original question, I guiess you would need a coffee grinder, some dried shrooms and some lemon juice.

#6 kroki

kroki

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:05 AM

Did 2g, nice experience it kicked in really fast, nice visuals nothing too much  :D I redosed after few hours didnt do much, but nice euphoric feeling for the rest of the night chatting drinking some wine :)

• Sidestreet likes this

#7 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,583 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:12 AM

Lemon tek helps me quite a bit with body load.

#8 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:06 AM

Honey is really good, too, and destroys the funky taste.

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,720 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:24 AM

Use fresh-squeezed Key limes (at room temp!). Best taste, lowest pH. Juice from those plastic limes generally won't work the same as it's pH has been altered in some brands (not sure about all). Don't forget to let the fungi/juice mix soak for 20-30 minutes before consuming it.

While it works great for low-doses when you want a nice mellow mood elevation and some visual distortions in the evening but have to get up for work early the next morning, mixing lime juice with full-spectrum doses (5 grams dry and above) has always been sublime beyond words. It's always intense, but that same dose taken without the lime soak tends to be a rougher ride in every sense (FWIW, I'd have a LOT more pre-trip anxiety before eating 5+ grams of straight fungi vs. a dose of 6 or 7 grams pre-soaked in lime juice).

In fact, I don't even want to eat fungi anymore without soaking it first. It's that good.

Here's some more info/background:

My hypothesis about what causes body-load: https://mycotopia.ne...load/?p=1086735

My post in the following thread details how I like to do it and is pretty comprehensive as it's one of the most recent about the topic. Scroll down to #6:

https://mycotopia.ne...xperimentation/

An older thread with some additional info: https://mycotopia.ne...es-qs/?p=704644

My Everclear extract was phenomenal, and the link below contains a detailed explanation of how I made it. It made quite an impression because friends still ask me if I've made any more yet and it's been a few years since I had any! I think it's well-worth doing extracts on large amounts since it's like preparing dozens and dozens of trips all at once; once prepared, just pour out a measured shot, take it, and GO! It's relevant here because I added citric acid crystals to it, which made it equivalent to a soak since the acidity is key to how it works (dephosphorylation of psilocybin into psilocin in vitro instead of in tummy):

https://mycotopia.ne...ract/?p=1130586

Here's where it all began (for me at least, back in '06): https://mycotopia.ne...e-2#entry122071(don't bother with the currant juice; too impractical and may not even work)

Edited by TVCasualty, 02 August 2015 - 11:27 AM.

• Sidestreet, Skywatcher, wharfrat and 4 others like this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

TV has covered this in great detail ^^^^

I can only add that the lemon or lime tek is one of those things that once you go to, and try, will make you question why you would ever not use this every time. 

I have never had upset stomach with this tek. The only problem I have ever had with the lemon tek is the first time, not realizing how much faster it would kick in, I was in full flight before i was able to walk all the way to the forest area I was headed to. Thought I had a good half hour to get there and was walking through time portals after ten minutes......... 

I will add my agreement the citric acid maximizes the content. Less mushrooms for more effect, traded for a shorter experience.

• niemandgeist likes this

#11 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• Expired Member
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:31 AM

Barring the gods fucking with my plans AGAIN (???) I'll be trying this tomorrow night. 

Got all my ducks in a row, and - barring explosive behavior from people I'm unable to avoid - I'll be posting before / after.

Because me weighing in on this will certainly be the end of the discussion ....

Ta ha ha ha ha ha bwah ha ha ha !!!

But seriously - I'm really trying to get this going tomorrow.  Stupid life!

:)

soliver

• TVCasualty likes this

#12 skitsofrantik75

skitsofrantik75

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 276 posts

Donator

Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:04 AM

Barring the gods fucking with my plans AGAIN (???) I'll be trying this tomorrow night. 

Got all my ducks in a row, and - barring explosive behavior from people I'm unable to avoid - I'll be posting before / after.

Because me weighing in on this will certainly be the end of the discussion ....

Ta ha ha ha ha ha bwah ha ha ha !!!

But seriously - I'm really trying to get this going tomorrow.  Stupid life!

:)

soliver

Just found this and was wondering if you got to try it or not??. If you did what was yer result??

#13 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:52 AM

I have performed many experiments with the lemon tek and can verify that it does work, however.... The lemon tek, if done improperly will KILL your actives. The reason is simple, Psilocin breaks down in fractions of a second in the presence of oxygen. (That's the blueing you see when you bruise a fresh mushrooms). Psilocybin is much more resilient, especially as long as its tied up in the dried flesh of the mushroom.

When you mix your lemon with the ground mushroom, what you might want to do is boil some distilled water (or tap if its well water... No chlorine or flourides!). Boil for ten minutes to force out all dissolved oxygen. Then cover your ground mushrooms in the boiling water. Just an ounce or two.

Now add your lemon and cover the cup with tinfoil or some other cover. The space above the liquid fills with vapor keeping oxygen out.

Now after 15 mins drink up.

I have found this to be the most effective version of this tek. Enjoy!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 22 November 2015 - 08:53 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!