Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Life Passing you By (The Thread)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:13 PM

This is "The Life Passing you By thread".

What does this mean?

Life happens. We all live it. Every day. Sometimes we settle up and get pretty comfy with it, and then, within a few months, we wonder where the FUUUUCK life went!?!

This space is for those who go out and live life and, surprisingly, are confronted and surprised by life as it chooses to occur!

Hello! You can post music here that you feel speaks to your soul. You can post photographs of your home-grow gardens and whatsuch. You can post anything about your human experience that might fit in well here. It's up to you! Your own art, your poetry, short stories, whatever! So long as your content meshes with what Mycotopia stands for you are probably AAAA-OK!

:wub: :tongue: :meditate: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :cool: :ph34r:

I'm about to go outside for a while and chill out with a burned CD or three in the in-ground swimming pool so I hope I'm NOT ALONE HERE!

Edited by niemandgeist, 06 August 2015 - 01:14 PM.

• Sidestreet and riseabovethought like this

#2 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,581 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 01:56 PM

I try very hard to live every single day like it is my last. I laugh, I love, I groove through every day of my life that I can possibly find it in me, and I just hate it when some idiot manages to bust my bubble and piss me off, because that is the epitome of wasted time. I refuse to wallow in self pity because I spent so much of my life doing that when I was younger and did not realize how important my peace is.

If something brings me down, it is usually for a very short duration and I strive to stay in the NOW where I have everything I need. Life does pass us by and in my opinion it is quality over quantity. If I died tomorrow I will die having lived a very satisfying and gifted life. Never been rich money-wise, but been very rich relationship-wise and that is all I ever wanted out of life. For all that I am very grateful, and I try to keep that in the front of my mind all day every day.

• AGAMA, riseabovethought, Skywatcher and 1 other like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,138 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:12 PM

What about staying in and living life?  And how do we live life, anyway?  We are life! 

We can, I suppose, feel like we have missed something.  It's just a passing feeling.  Wasn't everything, as it unfolded, what got us to right now? 

There's nothing to do.  It all got done.  It all gets done.  Life passes no one by, the cliché notwithstanding.  Anything except that life is happening is but some belief of a stand-alone, separate, illusory, made up, idea of a person.  A being can only be, by definition. A person is a different story (but always a story, nonetheless).

So, I would submit that we have a question arising about who/what feels that life can pass it by.   Who misses life?  I, or only an idea about I? 

• Soliver, Coopdog and AGAMA like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,138 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:32 PM

I had to come back here an log in after reading today's Mooji quote.

We often make the mistake, when we are experiencing a moment of stress, of thinking it will be put right as soon as we find the time and space to, lets say, be alone, shower, relax or sit before our alter. But beware of this sort of compromise from the mind. Don't postpone your peace. Your peace, silence and being are ever here and now. Know this.
You are not your moods, thoughts, feelings or the one suffering them.
You are the ever-perfect unchanging Self.

~ Mooji
6th August, 2015

• AGAMA and Skywatcher like this

#5 entheonaut

entheonaut

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

Here's a poem I wrote some years ago that I feel encapsulates my principles in this lifetime, specifically the pursuit of spiritual growth. 

AWARENESS

The journey within
Lit by perception
Eternity inside a seed,
Flickering deep, the ancient darkness
Pierced by effulgence
Of twelve undying Cosmos,
Shifting like jaguars
On galactic boughs

Flame borne of Air
Created by Space
And Time, her loyal mate,
Engenders the water
To mold the Earth
Whose crystal heartbeat
Pulsates in Life,
Filling with harmony
Those who listen
And peace for those who feel

A Love Goddess found,
She burns like the serpent
Then quenched by the cooling drops,
The inner moon
Beaming lucidly lingers,
The same liquid light of warriors laden,
Dissolving the spectral doorway

We are all a dream of God
We are all of One

• Coopdog, AGAMA and Zwapa like this

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:58 PM

Sorry I just read the line that I can post music, along with the title this is the first thing that came to mind.

[Direct Link]

#7 PJammer24

PJammer24

Archetype Novice

• OG VIP
  • 1,132 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 09:57 PM

You just have to get on the Pharcyde of the bullshit and spend more time appreciating whats real in life, love, and the little things that connect you with the people and things that you love...

• AGAMA likes this

#8 Soliver

Soliver

Deviant

• OG VIP
  • 3,212 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:07 PM

On the way back from the beach, we were listening to this terrible show on NPR (it was on BOTH npr stations?  WTF?) - some really boring asshole from Wisconsin - a talk show / attempt at humor thing? 

And he has an actress on there.  She's starred in a movie called "the actress."  She must be the most self-absorbed douche I've ever heard on NPR, and that's saying a lot.  She says:

"I live my life everyday." 

And I'm thinking ... "who the hell doesn't?" 

Unless you're dead, you're living life, right?  Sure, you could argue that one lifestyle is preferrable to another, but to suggest that this one broad is "living life"  ....  silly. 

Now - what I REALLY want to talk to you folks about .... is what the queers are doing to our soil:

[Direct Link]

:)

soliver

• AGAMA and Rictus like this

#9 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,571 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:25 AM

How can life pass us by? Life is a road we travel. There are forks in the road, little paths to the side, and a journey, not a destination.

Every day holds little moments of wonder and flashes from the unexpected. Savor these moments. Look for them.

The greatest crime to yourself is to dwell on what was, or could possibly be. You are here now, and to miss that is to deny the little magic moments because you were not paying attention, dwelling instead on a fabrication.

We accumulate experience on this journey, but it is the self perception that does the learning. No single or multiple experience defines the true being walking the path. That being always was. The attentions we notice and feel along the way, add the depth and energize the growth of the true self. Keep what benefits, and learn from what does not. 

Life cannot pass us by, we are present in each second. Take time every day to appreciate this. The greatest journey is the path where your heart leads.

The road never ends, but you pass a bridge at times. Leave love behind you as you travel........

post-126525-0-45722000-1438925111.jpg

The Road sized.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 07 August 2015 - 12:26 AM.

• Soliver, AGAMA, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#10 Cindysid

Cindysid

VIP Member

• Expired Member
  • 789 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

I'm out of likes Sky, but I really love the photograph. So peaceful, inviting, and hopeful. A path I would love to follow.

#11 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:03 AM

Just to clarify: Sometimes we take simple things in life for granted, and then, at least for me, it seems like life can begin to pass me by. I try to do something every day where I'm appreciating being outside in nature or doing something good for myself like exercising, writing, making art, etc.

I don't know about you, but I look back on my life and so much has happened over 30+ years, but in hindsight it seems like the life I've lived has passed by fairly quickly.

Try to do something simple and special for yourself today so you can live in the moment and relax. Life is too short. Don't let it pass you by.

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,896 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 12:42 PM

I'm the asshole going 20 MPH under the speed limit in the fast-lane of life, so none of it is gonna pass ME by!

• AGAMA, Skywatcher and niemandgeist like this

#13 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,138 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

Well, it's probably wise to slow down a bit when you are busy texting.

#14 entheonaut

entheonaut

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:43 PM

You are here now, and to miss that is to deny the little magic moments because you were not paying attention, dwelling instead on a fabrication.

Very true. It reminds me of when you take a hit of ganja, and it transports you out of time and space and for a few moments you exist only in true reality, instead of the thin veneer of matter that covers the universe, until your surroundings  come back into focus and you remember where you were. It's such an ephemeral feeling, but these are the moments I live for.

• AGAMA likes this

#15 entheonaut

entheonaut

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:06 PM

Does anyone here speak German?

I'm trying to broaden my horizons by teaching myself another language ('cuz American schools don't teach em like they should) so I translated my above poem into German with the help of Oxford and some free translation website--have often translated prose, but never poetry, and my ear isn't good enough yet to know how it sounds...was hoping some bilingualist could read and critique it (the words and/or phrases I'm unsure of have ?s after em--also I don't have an umlaut on my keyboard). It looks like this:

BEWUSSTSEIN

Die Fahrt innerhalb

Beleuchtet durch Wahrnehmung

Die Ewigkeit in einem Saatgut

Flackern tief, die alte Finsternis

Durchbort von strahlendem Licht

Von zwoelf unsterblichen Kosmos,

Schalten wie Jaguars

Auf galaktik Zweigen

Flamme getragen von Luft

Erstellt von Weltraum(?)

Und Zeit, zu ihrem treuen Kumpel

Erzeugt das Wasser

Formen(?) auf der Erde

Deren kristallen Herzschlag

Pulsiert in Leben,

Abfuellung in Harmonie

Wer zuhoert

Und Frieden fuer derjenigen die glauben(?)

Die Liebe Goettin gruenden

Sie brennt wie die Schlange

Dann abgeschreckt(?) durch das Kuehltropfen(?)

Die innere Mond

Ubertragen anschaulich verweilt

Die gleiche Fluessigkeit Licht von Kriegern beladene

Die Aufloesung der spektralen Tueroeffnung

Wir sind alle ein Traum Gottes

Wir sind alle von Einer

#16 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2015 - 02:58 PM

I understand and speak shitty German, but it's only presently at the elementary level.

I've been too lazy to go to Duolingo and take the German course. Maybe you're a bit less lazy. It's a good course. I just need to dedicate more time to it. I can tell you that in my first week of German on Duolingo I learned more German than I did in two semesters in college of basic/elementary German.

Also, once you pick up some of the absolute basics, keep looking up song lyrics. I listen to a lot of German music so it helps me a bit, but I'm still not up to a conversational level beyond absolute basics.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!