69 replies to this topic

#41 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

While not a certifiable miracle, my range of movement is improved in the past couple hours of being awake.  I can type again and work the mouse, but not without some pain.  So, hopefully it's not a fracture.  Perhaps the circulation got kicked in when I was forced to try to make breakfast.  I mean I still had to shake the salt shaker with two hands.  But now I can move my fingers again.  I'd be okay with it not being busted.

• bugs, TheObserver, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#42 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:46 PM

I can, in some way, commiserate with you, Logs. I overdid it last week with my legs. I pushed myself a bit too hard. When my body was telling me to back off and rest for a few days I told myself, "You know... It's not that bad. No pain. Just discomfort. I won't run today, but I'll walk instead."

That went OK for a few days until I woke up hardly able to get out of bed. My right leg had something tweaked pretty badly in it and I've just now, after about three days of this crap, got the ability to mostly move about at 80% full speed and capacity. Heaven forbid if I try to turn and pivot on that right leg in the wrong direction, though, because that shit HURTS. I'm taking it easy. Sure is nice to be able to go up and down the stairs without hobbling on the rail.

It hurts like a son of a bitch, especially right when you wake up in the morning, and you figure you can't bend that way or it'll break off, but if you're delicate it seems to get better after a while. I thought I'd near pass out just trying to sit up yesterday, but today thankfully I got out of bed just fine, only to be swiftly reminded to take it easy on the way to the bathroom. The carpet broke my fall.

Hang in there, Logs.

• MLBjammer likes this

#43 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:26 PM

"Hyphe, I really appreciate you sharing the jokes I haven't had a chance to read yet. The server catching chlamydia is some of the funniest shit I have read in a while."

Hey DM, i think you may have misread what i wrote as jokes from me... They were written by Cue on another site which i read in the days that topia was down. My pointvthere was he was talking nasty about mycotopia when replying to someone asking whats up with the site. Mrs H gave the site chlamidia etc etc. Maybe you find that funny , I don't know, to each their own. What i was saying was i was suprised he still posts here but was shit-talking the site elsewhere with digs at hippie3, mrs hippie3 and Zen.

Ayhow just happy the site is back up and not really caring what nasty things Cue has to ssy about us.

When it comes right down to it you are really the only one Cue doesn't like, even though he is a total dick lol. He's like having a bad dog, you have to warn people about him but he always comes home to take care of his family.

Edited by GadgetGuy, 26 August 2015 - 11:33 PM.

• MLBjammer, Coopdog, Cue and 1 other like this

#44 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,781 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:46 PM

Come on GG, don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel, lol.

Thanks for the smile brother, I have had a hard time doing that today.

:)
  • coorsmikey, GadgetGuy and Coopdog like this

#45 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,686 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:50 PM

good morning. typing with one finger -left hand. working mouse with left too. right fore-paw is useless appendage.

pretty sure i broke a bone in my wrist. minimal swelling, no coloring up, but it itches. it fucking hurts. not what a. logs was planning. all projects on hold.

i guess it's what i get for pretending to be somebody doing something. ha ha ha. thank you universe. i could not be happier.

Sorry Alder but the Soliver side of me is coming out, maybe it comes from the still, I have to get in on this opportunity to say... " I thought you always typed with one finger. Also I thought you were still using the arrow keys to navigate in DOS and didn't have a mouse." Now with the shit talking set aside, I am sorry to hear of the pain you are experiencing and hope you have a speedy recovery so you can return to your usual programming.

Edited by coorsmikey, 27 August 2015 - 12:16 AM.

• Soliver, GadgetGuy, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:00 AM

Don't forget about me being a monosexual and now having lost my go-to fore paw.

• bugs, coorsmikey and Coopdog like this

#47 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 09:45 AM

I'm glad that's all it was. I'm new to mycology and didn't want to have to go to any other sites. I like it here.

Havent met, off subject, but welcome. Your comment is appreciated!

• AGAMA likes this

#48 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:30 AM

I thought it was just my computers, and found out a lot more trying to get to the bottom of that paranoid thought than I really needed or wanted to know. 

Really excited to see the good old black screen shroom print again.

There are no other sites for me.

• Coopdog likes this

#49 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Ok ok guys come on!

Stop the fighting please! Who cares what cue or whoever says. If they want to make jokes, remarks, that's there biz!

People going back and forth or telling on someone for what they say is childish anyway.

Can we please move forward! I'm asking you all to just stop! If someone wants or doesn't like someone they have a right to say it. Even if we don't like it going back and forth like this solves nothing!

So can we move forward please! We need to help people grow not attack each other over childish stuff like this. So let's move on and grow. Topia is back up and that's what's important not some bad joke! The jokes were in bad taste but if that's all they are isn't there more important things to worry about?

Please long time members think of the new members and the example we should have. We should be above stuff like this not going down to someone's level and for what. Just to say mean things back? In my mind it accomplishes nothing!

Just my 2cc's on this...
  • roc, Sidestreet, Coopdog and 7 others like this

#50 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, you guys!

• MycoDani and Coopdog like this

#51 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 06:14 PM

I thought I got banned or something.haha. Glad we're back up!
  • AGAMA likes this

#52 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:39 PM

I thought I got banned too

#53 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

I just miss the way this place used to be, before even half the people that replied to this or liked the posts were members, or before you could "like" a post.

#54 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,781 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:54 PM

If you don't think you should say it, don't. If you think you should, or feel you have to, then say it (like I did here). But have the huevos to leave it, and stand behind what you say. I've seen this happen before, and it was bullshit then too.

Mod or member, bad behavior is still bad behavior and should not be acceptable.

Edited by Juthro, 27 August 2015 - 11:55 PM.

• Coopdog, AGAMA and Cue like this

#55 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 03:30 AM

A WISE
MAN ONCE
SAID NOTHING

• AGAMA and Juthro like this

#56 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:29 AM

I have 5 nieces and nephews.

lol  and when one does something wrong and another comes to me to tattle on them..

know what i say...

"Noone likes a tattle-tail."  

Ive always viewed kids as puppies...

it does no good reprimanding them some time AFTER they have gotten into some no good

lol  

Love and Light all :P 

• niemandgeist likes this

#57 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 10:51 AM

Sometimes it's appropriate to report bad behavior. Most of the time it isn't. Usually it's something that can be ignored or forgiven. If it's particularly egregious, sure, by all means tell people about it! Just venting and making fun of people online, saying nasty things, well that can probably be ignored or forgiven. It won't bother anyone unless they see it, and if they do, well, it's just mean words directed at them online.

Now if people were calling to spam or launch DDOS attacks on Mycotopia or something then I think we'd all want to hear about that and that the admins would love to get some heads up via PM at least about that. THAT is the sort of thing where you want to tattle-tale.

A little niece or nephew calling another one a poopie pants is no reason for a kid to report it to another adult. A little niece or nephew playing with matches, yeah, better tattle on them for that because it's kind of important!

People running their mouths off for whatever reason is pretty harmless, though, in the grand scheme of things.

Of course this is just how I feel and the way that I feel isn't how everyone else feels. Everyone's entitled to his or her own feelings. Let's also not forget that, when we're communicating on the internet, all we have is our words to write and read and that can be misinterpreted sometimes. It's usually good to ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions.

That said, it's nice that Mycotopia has been back up for a bit now and that, in general, we don't seem to have many problems here and we tend to get along.

• MycoDani, kcmoxtractor, AGAMA and 2 others like this

#58 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,855 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Part of the magic here is the vibe.  We should take care of that before our own personal hurts if at all possible.

• Sidestreet, MycoDani, coorsmikey and 3 others like this

#59 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Sometimes it's appropriate to report bad behavior. Most of the time it isn't. Usually it's something that can be ignored or forgiven. If it's particularly egregious, sure, by all means tell people about it! Just venting and making fun of people online, saying nasty things, well that can probably be ignored or forgiven. It won't bother anyone unless they see it, and if they do, well, it's just mean words directed at them online.

Now if people were calling to spam or launch DDOS attacks on Mycotopia or something then I think we'd all want to hear about that and that the admins would love to get some heads up via PM at least about that. THAT is the sort of thing where you want to tattle-tale.

A little niece or nephew calling another one a poopie pants is no reason for a kid to report it to another adult. A little niece or nephew playing with matches, yeah, better tattle on them for that because it's kind of important!

People running their mouths off for whatever reason is pretty harmless, though, in the grand scheme of things.

Of course this is just how I feel and the way that I feel isn't how everyone else feels. Everyone's entitled to his or her own feelings. Let's also not forget that, when we're communicating on the internet, all we have is our words to write and read and that can be misinterpreted sometimes. It's usually good to ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions.

That said, it's nice that Mycotopia has been back up for a bit now and that, in general, we don't seem to have many problems here and we tend to get along.

well of course.. lol  Excuse me for not mentioning the exceptions ;)  teehehe 

So, kinda random but I was watching this show recently and a few lines really made me laugh lol.  Forgot the show.

But it was something to the lines of this.

"They have warnings signs of "caution contents might be hot" on a HOT cup of coffee, or

they have warnings on cloths irons, 'dont iron cloths while on body',  Wtf is this world coming

to and im surely not slowing down for those people that the warnings are intended" 

^^^^ TEheheheh lol   'aint' it the truth lol 

• coorsmikey and niemandgeist like this

#60 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 7,987 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Can't we all just get along and move ahead?

It's up to everybody to to respect each other... fuck the drama and let's get back to our roots peeps.

Edited by roc, 28 August 2015 - 09:31 PM.

• Sidestreet, MycoDani, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!