#61 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Sometimes it's appropriate to report bad behavior. Most of the time it isn't. Usually it's something that can be ignored or forgiven. If it's particularly egregious, sure, by all means tell people about it! Just venting and making fun of people online, saying nasty things, well that can probably be ignored or forgiven. It won't bother anyone unless they see it, and if they do, well, it's just mean words directed at them online.

Now if people were calling to spam or launch DDOS attacks on Mycotopia or something then I think we'd all want to hear about that and that the admins would love to get some heads up via PM at least about that. THAT is the sort of thing where you want to tattle-tale.

A little niece or nephew calling another one a poopie pants is no reason for a kid to report it to another adult. A little niece or nephew playing with matches, yeah, better tattle on them for that because it's kind of important!

People running their mouths off for whatever reason is pretty harmless, though, in the grand scheme of things.

Of course this is just how I feel and the way that I feel isn't how everyone else feels. Everyone's entitled to his or her own feelings. Let's also not forget that, when we're communicating on the internet, all we have is our words to write and read and that can be misinterpreted sometimes. It's usually good to ask for clarification before jumping to conclusions.

That said, it's nice that Mycotopia has been back up for a bit now and that, in general, we don't seem to have many problems here and we tend to get along.

well of course.. lol Excuse me for not mentioning the exceptions ;) teehehe

So, kinda random but I was watching this show recently and a few lines really made me laugh lol. Forgot the show.

But it was something to the lines of this.

"They have warnings signs of "caution contents might be hot" on a HOT cup of coffee, or
they have warnings on cloths irons, 'dont iron cloths while on body', Wtf is this world coming
to and im surely not slowing down for those people that the warnings are intended"

^^^^ TEheheheh lol 'aint' it the truth lol
lol the people that would iron their cloths while wearing them or dump hot coffee on their balls don't read those warnings. They put those warning on there to cover their asses when the dipshit sticks his nipple to an iron. In court they say that they warned them not to iron their nipples to that polyester shirt, and made a picture of it in case that individual couldn't read one of three languages it was written in. Sad but funny shit at the same time. What is worse is the people that do that shit intentionally to try and win money in a lawsuit because it was not clearly labeled that a hot iron or coffee is dangerous.

Edited by coorsmikey, 28 August 2015 - 11:10 PM.

• kcmoxtractor likes this

#62 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,832 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 August 2015 - 11:52 PM

Whatever the case, we must be sure to protect the corporate establishment and the insurance industry from any reasonable liability.

Edited by Alder Logs, 28 August 2015 - 11:58 PM.

#63 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

Alder, we gotta let that concept go,

or start a completely new thread for it,

as that topic could be huge(think big

tobacco) and would(further) derail

the original topic of this thread.

• kcmoxtractor likes this

#64 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 06:50 AM

Is there any way to request that the site administrators give us a heads up next time they get an e-mail about needing to renew the domain and/or hosting? Just to put a post up saying "Hey, everyone. We're going to have to renew the domain/hosting/move servers. Nothing should go wrong, but if the site happens to go down please give it a week before worrying." or something?

I know that this came as a surprise to everyone because only Mrs. H got the e-mail.

Figured to get the train back on the tracks with this thread topic.

#65 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,832 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:20 AM

Alder, we gotta let that concept go...

Sorry for that knee jerk reaction.  The 'stupid people/bad judgments' meme bit of PR social engineering is obviously a trigger for me.

Edited by Alder Logs, 29 August 2015 - 10:56 AM.

• Il19z8rn4li1 likes this

#66 AGAMA

AGAMA

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 08:37 AM

Alder- understandable,...

niemandgeist- the issue has been dealt with-

a multi-member notification

has been established

• niemandgeist likes this

#67 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,773 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 August 2015 - 11:49 AM

A WISE
MAN ONCE
SAID NOTHING

Alas, that is the man I aspire to be, not the work in progress that I am.

Someday, maybe.....
  • AGAMA and Cue like this

#68 roscoe

roscoe

Not a mycologist.

• OG VIP
  • 2,841 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2015 - 01:02 AM

I see, nobody wants to talk about the 800lb gorilla sitting there in the corner.

That's coo, I too will pretend nothing is a miss.

Probably what you meant by obvious patience any way. . .

:meditate:

EDIT: Just so there is no confusion.... I'm sorry to use your words AGAMA, but this is not directed at you, or any of the other mod squad pimps. 

Edited by roscoe, 02 September 2015 - 01:41 AM.

#69 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 6,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2015 - 02:09 AM

Man an 800 lb gorilla? Imagine the bill of feeding that fucker. Even worse, who gonna clean those turds up. Roscoe I don't mind talking about the gorilla. Heck I'll catch up with you in chat soon. But back on to this thread and reading back and noticing all the drama. Who the hell here has never forgot their registration was due on their vehicle? Once I moved and didn't tell the DMV, they mailed my renewal to my old addy and I didn't get the reminder. My registration expired.... Ooops. It happens, I am so glad my wife didn't leave me for it or I didn't loose any friends over my expired registration! Thank you Zen and the admin team for addressing the problem so I have a place to hang with my friends and like minded peeps! I mean with the outage that we suffered, I got to see the sun shinning and my laundry got done, had a conversation with my wife and even showed up to work. Bla bla bla would someone lock this thread or something so peeps can get back to growing and I can read something else? Pretty please?
  • Sidestreet, MycoDani and Phineas_Carmichael like this

#70 AGAMA

AGAMA

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:03 AM

Bla bla bla would someone lock this thread or something so peeps can get back to growing and I can read something else? Pretty please?

A most reasonable request.

Done.

• Sidestreet, Foster, MycoDani and 4 others like this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!