37 replies to this topic

#1 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

So I decided to shake things up a bit and hit some DMT a few nights ago.

I didn't measure it, I just poured a "big pile" of it into a vial that I screwed into my Eclipse vaporizer (love it!). It was a really big pile; based on previous vapings of similar material I'd say it was around ~200 mg of yellow, slightly oily DMT. I burned some sage and was ready to go (by myself, no sitter; I find them distracting).

I used a torch to preheat the vaporizer and vial, then slowly warmed the DMT up until it all melted. I had some mellow didgeridoo music playing in the background and when the DMT was all liquid I turned off my bedroom light, put the torch under the vial, and proceeded to take the largest dose of DMT I've ever taken (by far). 

I got it all in in one hit, with plenty of room in my lungs to spare (technique is everything! Oh, and I have huge lungs). By the time my lungs were full, I was already blasting off and could barely find the floor (which I was laying on on a ground pad, lol) to set the vaporizer down safely. I didn't really expect to clear it all in one hit, actually.

This trip came on so hard and so fast (even for DMT) that it scared the hell out of me. It was freakier than my most intense Salvia trips, and that's saying something! I'll spare the reader all the usual hyperbole about the visuals and colors and such that can never really be described (or there'd be no need to take DMT!). No Spice Elves or entities showed up, nor have I ever seen any on DMT.

When I take DMT, I like to hold the hit in as long as possible (until my lungs are burning and I'm reflexively gasping for air) since that turns DMT up to "12" (DMT already "goes to 11" all by itself). But this time, when I exhaled I was MUCH further out than usual at that point and it felt like my mind and body had fully uncoupled from each other. I had the unshakable certainty that this was what the moments after physical death were like, which many users report experiencing, but it brought it home in a way that I'd never experienced before. I remember vaguely thinking "uh-oh..." 

For the first time, I "saw" my physical body and the experiences I've had in it as almost inconsequential (almost!). They were something going on "over there," and I could observe that Other-Self breathing and thinking and such, but "I" was not the one breathing or thinking, just the observer. I felt like I'd accidentally killed my Lower/physical Self (by taking the DMT hit) and so I was freaking out about it at first since the moment I realized what I'd done, I regretted it due to too much unfinished business left behind (apparently I still have some things to do before I'll be allowed to leave). But it was too late, I was dead and so I had to complete the journey I'd begun. Fuuuuuuck...

The vibrations from the stereo playing the didgeridoo music caused something on my dresser to fall over, which made a noise that intruded into my trip in a bad way (uh-oh, WTF was that?), and somehow I found the light switch on a lamp and turned on the light, but that didn't help as I still couldn't see anything, it just gave me a sense of the presence of light. You know you're WAY "out there" (or is it "in here?") when you can't tell if your eyes are open or not! :eek:

I had to turn off the music since it was way too intense (this was 2 minutes and 30 seconds into the trip, which I know because that's where the song was paused; it felt like years had already passed). I stuck my finger towards where the sound was coming from and found a button, lol. Then I had to yank the plug for a fan out of the wall (took a few tries; I couldn't find the switch) since the air suddenly chilled me to the bone and the white noise was oddly maddening. Then I hid under a blanket. I thought I was done with this planet once and for all, and I was just fine with that at some level. But I still didn't know who "I" was, even while I was dealing with my immediate surroundings (more or less).

It was the most bizarre in-and-out-of-body (at the same time) experience I've ever had (usually it's one or the other), and reminded me of my most intense Salvia trips but the dissociative state was not total like it is with breakthrough doses of  Salvia.

To save my sanity I had to let go completely, surrender to my "demise," and shift to my "rooted self" again, a self-defense technique I was taught for hyperspace that got me out of a tough spot once before. Once I did that, I was reconnected with my allies (on both sides of the Veil) and the visceral terror finally abated (which was by then confined to my Lower Self that my Higher Self had just watched die and subsequently uncouple from).

At that point, I was completely free of all thoughts, desires, expectations, or really anything except total clarity, peace, and a sense of Oneness (with everything) for a while. Good stuff, and lots of gut-busting laughter came shortly after that, once conventional thinking resumed. Whew! :meditate:

I eventually heard myself say "Hooooooooly shiiiiiiiiiiit!" in the slow-motion slurred speech of someone still returning from the other side of death, then laughed and said "I found my mouth!" to no one in particular,  then "I think I ate my pillow!" (I hadn't; I'd just chewed on it a bunch, lol). It took another minute or two before my talking out loud to myself didn't seem like hearing someone else talk (which is why I was responding to myself, I guess).

It was a harrowing but ultimately beautiful pressure-washing of the crusty buildup of negative thoughts and bad habits that slogging through consensus-reality day after day tends to weigh us down with.

:thumbs_up:

Edited by TVCasualty, 12 September 2015 - 12:21 PM.

• Sidestreet, Shadowlord, -=Zeus=- and 12 others like this

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

I find as I get older that "near death" experiences are the norm rather than the exception. I wonder sometimes if I just have gotten closer to the one real time, and that's all I have left in my anxiety bank, or if it's a sign of my wondering why I'm still trying to go there, but not stay there.

I quit doing a lot of the strange chemical stuff cuz it seemed to take such a toll on me, and wasn't a fun learning experience any longer, but now even a low dose of shrooms can take me there.

I just hope I always have to take something to see the other side, cuz when it starts happening when I haven't taken anything, I'm sort of concerned about that.:

• Coopdog, Hypervision and tailsmcsnails like this

#3 entheonaut

entheonaut

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:03 PM

Never had a DMT trip remind me of Salvia. Have had the "death" experience on DMT. Salvia reminds me more of meeting up with an ambassador from a different realm of being where our laws of physics don't apply. Only ever had breakthroughs with a sitter though. Interesting...

#4 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,700 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:05 PM

thanks for the report. love hearing others experiences :biggrin:

Edited by wharfrat, 13 September 2015 - 07:05 PM.

• Shadowlord likes this

#5 Hypervision

Hypervision

C'est la vie

• Free Member
  • 432 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

Nice writeup as usual.

That sheer terror feeling when it comes on too quick is not a fun place to be. I loved how you were able to pull yourself out of it. Would you mind saying a bit more about how you were able to do that? What was your 'trick'?

Its really and oddly funny thing, DMT. As i read your trip it reminded me of some ive had. At this point in my life they are almost laughable moments because now i got that 20/20 after-sight and was able to see the good that came from a seemingly 'bad' experience. But when youre experiencing that 'bad', IN THE MOMENT.... that is not laughable. I guess its all about positivity and knowing/ believing that goodness can come from even the most retched of places.

As i was reading yours its funny beacuse its been a long time since ive last done it (over 6months id guess), but the 'pressure washing' you described.... i really do agree with. Enticing.

Glad you were able to not only pull through it, but also got the good out of it!

• Shadowlord and happy4nic8r like this

#6 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,985 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:05 PM

I have had that experience of seeing the same exact things with my eyes open or closed so I could not really tell the difference. When I have broken all the way through, I was totally out of touch with my physical body and honestly thought I had died. I could not feel any breathing, or the bed beneath me whatsoever and I was just a point of consciousness in the void with no connection to this life but a vague and surprisingly comfortable regret that I had died. Any music I had on was distorted into an unrecognizable jumble of sounds that seemed completely unlike any music and it was the strangest thing as it gradually mutated back into some sort of sensible order and became music again. Strange stuff is DMT.

Never had a bad experience on DMT but Salvia I found to be scary as hell for some reason. Only took one of those Salvia rides and I have never tried it again.

Peace...

Edited by Coopdog, 13 September 2015 - 08:08 PM.

• Shadowlord and ChimX like this

#7 Luckyloser

Luckyloser

fiction poster

• OG VIP
  • 715 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:19 PM

Reminds me of my last big one, when I first blasted off I was sitting on my futon. 2 steps from my bed. Huge hit, held in as long as possible. Blew out and decided I could make it to my bed. Took 1 step and it felt like I was on wobbly stilts. I fell into my bed and it felt like when you see to blobs in a lava lamp hit, bounce off a little then become one. When I finally started to come back to I had twisted the blankets around me ( I always get cold when I blast off). I had visions of my coworkers standing over me like "hmm I wonder if he's ever gonna snap out of it" I felt like the scene in interstellar where I was watching everyone live out their lives, wondering what happened to me. All the while I was stuck in my bed...perma trip. I ended up giving up and closing my eyes. As I closed them I started to mutter "I'm going to sleep, I'm not dying" over and over again...I'm wish I had a sitter because I feel they could have snapped me out of it. I ended up having to start to say "mom" out loud to help snap me out of it. I think I was calling for her honestly. It just came out as a mutter. Haven't done straight dmt since then. I have tried the blunt coop suggested. Wow that can get interesting, and can creep up on you Sorry for the block of text.
  • Shadowlord and Coopdog like this

#8 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 572 posts

Donator

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:56 AM

This DMT stuff packs quite the punch. I usually come back crying...or crying so hard that no tears fall; like the last trip.

Serious shit. Any ego that is invoked in doing this des integrates upon arrival.

Whatever will bewilder me.
Spiral out.
  • Shadowlord, Coopdog and tailsmcsnails like this

#9 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka cactus lady

• OG VIP
  • 1,960 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Yes TV!! I feel so much more comfortable talking with those who have died and came back. Thine-self is most amazing. Can you find that you can tap into that state or knowing on a more day to day minute to minute basis then before the trip? I never see elves either. It's sounds to me that you started into the bardos state of consciousness. Then the nature of your mind (ego) was like whaa whaat what We can't died I have stuff I'm attached too. In this state it is very important not to let that attachment take ahold. Do you remember a dim blue light or a very very bright yellow light? I feel bad that the attachment in life held you back into the rebirth of your old self. But you did see. Which makes me so Happy for you.

I can never talk about my trips. I have the worst time with words. A coupla weeks ago I had some MDMA and mushrooms and just laughed and laughed FOR HOURS. The elements were telling me the funniest jokes that I can't begin to share with others. One thou, I really needed a drink of water and I said to the water "It's me and you." The water showed me it's US, and it was fucking hilarious. I felt bad for my neighbors.

• Shadowlord, Coopdog and Luckyloser like this

#10 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,858 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

Something great DMT trips seem to have in common. That uh-oh feeling of "oh I've done it this time" as the world dissolves.
Music can be awesome and it can suck one right out of a trip.
On one of my best spice trips I was really soaring and flying listening to 13th floor elevators version of baby blue. As that song played and ended I almost didn't realize it was music filling me. Then, as it ended, the playlist started again on playback and the first song was Creep by Radiohead. Was decent music to start taking off too but sounded very weird and ominous after Baby Blue. This, and the fact that it had already played once made me self conscious and I ran over to turn off the offending noise. However, getting up and running around sufficed to burn the last of the spice from my brain and the trip ended quickly.
Another time, a previously unlisted to Brian Eno track had some loud talking from Chong in there that scared the hell out of me on another spice trip. After running to shut it off, I had a loud ringing in my head as if the spice were showing displeasure and the trip faded. Tried to explain, had turned of the noise to pay attention to the trip but it was already too late, lol.
Strange substance indeed.

Hell of a report TV. Always love reading them and get a lot if insight from them. Thanks for sharing.
  • Coopdog likes this

#11 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,149 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Amazing trip reports here! It's too bad the body can't go for the ride as well...can you imagine if your body actually reacted in this reality as you are in the one DMT shows you? Where the normal person next to you would see your physical form change?

Perhaps I've said too much....
  • Shadowlord and tailsmcsnails like this

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 September 2015 - 07:32 PM

Never had a DMT trip remind me of Salvia. Have had the "death" experience on DMT. Salvia reminds me more of meeting up with an ambassador from a different realm of being where our laws of physics don't apply. Only ever had breakthroughs with a sitter though. Interesting...

As everyone who's ever tripped knows, words are problematic when it comes to these kinds of experiences. Descriptions are always subject to revision/improvement and never precise enough to really impart more than a vague sense of what we're trying to describe, if we're lucky!

My DMT trip was evocative of Salvia mostly in the sense that it was so completely overwhelming and that I'd entered a new dimension of inconceivable vastness. Trying to turn on the light on DMT was very similar to trying to reach for something while on Salvia; all I could perceive was my Intent, my arm, and my hand, and it was as if they were moving through deep space (like the emptiness between galaxies, which I could sense in the distance).

As I reached out toward the lamp it also felt like I was trying to reach something while both myself and the object were tumbling in free-fall, though it wasn't falling "down," it was more a sense of tumbling around in no particular direction. I couldn't tell which way was "up" and in fact the concept had no meaning anymore.

I had to consciously remind myself that I was on my own bed (and that it was still on Earth!), and as far as I can tell the only reason I found the light switch was thanks to muscle memory since my bed and the light had been where they are for several years. It still took a while to find, and it was literally about 18 inches away from my head. Not that it mattered; once I turned it on I still couldn't see anything anyway.

Salvia feels like the polar opposite of DMT to me, so in that sense they are "similar" in that they are two sides of the same coin. I envisioned lots of things happening on Salvia, but the impossible colors and fractal patterns of DMT were not present in Salvia-space. Salvia seemed like a trip to the Void-with-a-capital-V. Pure, infinite nothingness, like where the Universe has not expanded (or "banged") into yet. The DMT felt like almost drowning in self-aware Existence at the very core of what must've been the manifest Intent of the Universe itself (i.e. the polar-opposite of Void).

And that's just what went down during the 5 or 6 seconds it took me to find a light switch! :tinfoil:

(please bear with me, I'm effing the ineffable as best I can here, which is woefully inadequate)

Anyway, this DMT trip was "freakier" than my Salvia experiences because it was so profoundly "alive" (even as I was dead, ironically) and while I didn't see any entities, there was a clear sense of being immersed in the level of Consciousness (with a capital-C!) where the universal archetypes manifest, or are created, or both, or something; if I had to label it I'd call it "the Source." I suppose that makes Salvia the "Destination;" the limitless Nothing that the Everything of DMT is Big Bangin' into. So I wouldn't call Salvia "Hell," or DMT "Heaven" (the UNI-verse ain't binary, by definition!), but would tentatively describe Salvia as being on the outside (of the Universe) looking in, and DMT as being on the inside looking out. Or that DMT is fire and Salvia is ice. Or just FNORD!!

Yeah, that's it. I'm sticking with FNORD!

That sheer terror feeling when it comes on too quick is not a fun place to be. I loved how you were able to pull yourself out of it. Would you mind saying a bit more about how you were able to do that? What was your 'trick'?

It's a technique taught at the Tracker School in their Philosophy classes (which is their code word for Shamanism). It's an extension of the "Rooted Self," a visualization exercise you undergo in your "Sacred Area" (a small part of your Medicine Area that you do all this spiritual stuff from; i.e. your 'point of departure.' Your "Medicine Area" is a place in your head, and we all already have one and most "go" to it instinctively, the formal designation merely helps us focus our Intent. It's also the key to memory).

Anyway, the Clif's Notes version is that you stand in your Sacred Area and envision your legs sinking into the ground as roots and your arms rising as branches (become a tree). When deeply rooted, turn to stone. When stone, bring down the Light. When lit (so to speak), call your protectors (a wolf, a coyote, a bear, and a hawk). Each embodies a handy trait; the bear is strength, the wolf courage, the hawk watchfulness, and the coyote is wily, of course.

By associating those traits with those animals, and associating them with your Rooted Self, it allows you to trigger those traits to come to the forefront of your awareness by "shifting" to your Rooted Self, thereby preventing or calming your fear or panic. To "shift" to it just means to vividly envision going there in your head (like imagination on steroids). Once rooted, you can then envision the rooting of everyone you know. And since it's your mind, you can even envision rooting everyone at once if you want (to save time). 

It was many years after learning that when I first used it, and I really had no idea what to expect. I was alone and enduring a very, very tough moment that started to feel like an attack on my psyche by something not from 'round these parts. I thought I was dying, for real. I wasn't on any drugs at the time, either. In the midst of the terror the thought "go to your rooted self!" came like a whisper I barely heard under my racing, freaked-out mind. So I shifted to it.

I was the tree, and could see my roots and branches. And then things got intense. I wasn't told about any of what followed ahead of time, but later heard it was a common experience among those who have learned this. Anyway, much to my surprise my "roots" spontaneously began growing. I was no longer in charge of my own imagination, only an observer. I felt/saw my roots extending into the soil, and then they started touching the roots of other "trees." 

In a moment, I could feel the roots of other trees all around me, and "looked up" in my mind's eye to see that I was now standing (rooted) in an orchard. I'd made a call for help, and my "tribe" answered. I was not alone (never was, turns out), the fear evaporated, and I snapped out of it. The hair on the back of my neck still stands up whenever I think about that, even now (that incident was ~15 years ago).

This recent time, I WAS tripping. But it went down the same way even though I wasn't under attack, just starting to lose my shit from the sheer intensity of it all.

I really appreciate all the replies, and I do intend to reply to more of them (and yes Ms. Angel, I did see a very bright yellow light; more about that later!) but I'm clockin' out for today. The rooted self won't take the sandpaper out of my eyes, unfortunately...

• ChimX and Opalguy like this

#13 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 03:54 PM

"Couldn't find the floor" 

Man I hate it when that happens.

Dare I ask where one finds this substance nowadays?  And how would you even know for sure what you have?

As far as Saliva I tried it once and absollutely nothing happened.  I hear so many people rave about it I'm wondering if I got some junk or something.  Can't remember where I got it I think it was mailorder from some place though.  At the time it was legal and am assuming it still is.  Thinking of ordering some seeds off ebay if I try it again.  Also am thinking of trying bundle weed and syrian rue for the antagonist.

I'm just now getting into Terrance Mckenna and he keeps talking about these 'Elves' that come out during the experience of DMT but the more I read about it I'm wondering if he was flat out making it all up.  He is of course dead now so I can't ask him bout it.

#14 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,661 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

"Couldn't find the floor" 

Man I hate it when that happens.

Dare I ask where one finds this substance nowadays?  And how would you even know for sure what you have?

I'm just now getting into Terrance Mckenna and he keeps talking about these 'Elves' that come out during the experience of DMT but the more I read about it I'm wondering if he was flat out making it all up.  He is of course dead now so I can't ask him bout it.

Extract it! The process is pretty straightforward and the materials that contain it aren't illegal to purchase or possess on the federal level in the US. Acacia root bark (ACRB) or Mimosa hostilis? root bark (MHRB) are the most common plant materials used, but there are many many more. The a/b method is so easy, a cat could do it.

The appearance of elves while tripping seems to be pretty common throughout the mythos and greater consciousness.

If you have the right plant/fungi, maybe you could ask him. :biggrin:

• Coopdog and OysterFarmer like this

#15 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,790 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:15 PM

Da fug? I've seen some crazy shit on DMT including becoming one with the frequency of the universe and becoming part of that matrix. Never seen no elves on any psychedelic. I do see a Gnome in chat all the time though.

Edited by coorsmikey, 22 November 2016 - 07:26 PM.

• OysterFarmer, catattack and Gnomesayin like this

#16 catattack

catattack

• OG VIP
  • 6,661 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2016 - 07:25 PM

GNOMESAYIN?!
  • OysterFarmer and Gnomesayin like this

#17 OysterFarmer

OysterFarmer

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 207 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:35 PM

Elves hmmmm.  I've also heard of it being in bundle weed which Mckenna said was the highest concentration of anything.  At least by the time he died I guess.  Plus you need an antagonist for which you can use Syrian Rue.

So since its frozen and cold here I guess I'm ordering.  Are there botanical shops that carrry this stuff?  I guess I can figure out the a/b or whatever.  Not sure if MY cat could do it.  He's kinda an asshole.

• catattack likes this

#18 catattack

catattack

• OG VIP
  • 6,661 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

You only need the MAOI (syrian rue seeds) for the ayahuasca brew. A2B is acid to base.

https://mycotopia.ne...orial-write-up/

https://mycotopia.ne...ab-extractions/

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/

ALL cats are assholes IMHO IME haha!

Edited by catattack, 23 November 2016 - 02:58 PM.

• OysterFarmer likes this

#19 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,637 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:44 PM

ALL cats are assholes IMHO IME haha!

Yup.

"Screw your stupid yoga! Where's my dinner?!?"

post-102948-0-50472700-1480639081.gif

Attached Thumbnails

• caughtoncamera.gif

• catattack likes this

#20 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,319 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:59 AM

let's try a new idea on for size.

I'm reminded by this report, especially the parts about turning off the light and stereo, of being able to do physical things while in that mindset of being "away or out of the body".

WTF is that?  If we're out of body then finding a stereo button in the dark is a no-go, right?

So, something else is going on.

I'm sold on the idea that "I" get seriously relocated on a good high dose. Love It and often live for it. At times the body isn't even part of the headspace of the trip.

So how is it so easily possible to get the body to do minute and precise actions like finding a postage stamp size button in the dark.

New Idea:  the brain is partitioned like a hard drive and the drugs only affect one sector at a time, but all the other sectors are available if needed, and very quickly because, well, high speed processor......

The more I learn about brains and computers the more metaphors can be found.

Anyhow, great trip report, thanks for sharing.

I'm getting close to an Aya journey. Will share then. It's been FIVE years since I've done anything of that import. It's time.

• catattack likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!