40 replies to this topic

#21 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2016 - 12:24 PM

Da fug? I've seen some crazy shit on DMT including becoming one with the frequency of the universe and becoming part of that matrix. Never seen no elves on any psychedelic. I do see a Gnome in chat all the time though.

"Never seen no elves" technically means you always see them.

@pharmer have you ever drunk the brew?

#22 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,123 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

The times I have really broken through, there was no body. No breathing, no bed beneath me, no heartbeat, just the void and my own point of awareness in it. It was truly as if I had died and passed on and this reality no longer existed. I have wondered what happened to put me there. Did the Hadron Supercollider suddenly find it's objective and launch us into another dimension? Did I suddenly get killed somehow? When I have broken through I don't know how I got there, at least for the majority of the experience. There would be no button pushing, or reaching around and trying to do things. I was lucky to have set the bong down. That is why I changed my process to make sure my wife is there handy to make sure the bong gets down safely and no fire is started by some strange twist of fate and to make sure I am not choking on phlegm or anything as I have seen people do on more than one occasion. High doses are really best done with a sitter in my opinion. Someone with enough sense to not influence the experience and just sit there quietly until you start coming around again. Maybe I have a different idea of what "breaking through" and "ego death" is than some folks. I have a huge set of lungs and can take in a lot more than most people can so maybe I am getting more somehow because when I see people post about doing things with their body that just doesn't sound like what I went through unless I fell short of the goal, which is an uncomfortable experience in my opinion.

I have felt like I got caught in a big set of gnashing gears, or felt like I was caught in a huge rending car crash with the sensation of tearing and metal when I failed to get there. Then there is the orange/yellow fractal place which is interesting but still shy of the mark and sounds like an airplane terminal in a way. DMT is some odd stuff. I have not used any in 2-3 years as I like the headspace I have been in and got no need to do a reset at the present time.

Peace...

• ChimX and Saphroziac like this

#23 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2016 - 02:47 PM

@cat  YES   loved every out of this world second of it.  It was the MHRB/Rue mix which is said to be the darkest and dirtiest of the possible admixtures but it was super kind and gentle and beyond description Beautiful to me.

the next will be caapi and psychotria viridis, said to be the kindest and gentlest

• Coopdog and mjroom like this

#24 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:05 PM

let's try a new idea on for size.

I'm reminded by this report, especially the parts about turning off the light and stereo, of being able to do physical things while in that mindset of being "away or out of the body".

WTF is that?  If we're out of body then finding a stereo button in the dark is a no-go, right?

So, something else is going on.

I'm sold on the idea that "I" get seriously relocated on a good high dose. Love It and often live for it. At times the body isn't even part of the headspace of the trip.

So how is it so easily possible to get the body to do minute and precise actions like finding a postage stamp size button in the dark.

New Idea:  the brain is partitioned like a hard drive and the drugs only affect one sector at a time, but all the other sectors are available if needed, and very quickly because, well, high speed processor......

The more I learn about brains and computers the more metaphors can be found.

Anyhow, great trip report, thanks for sharing.

I'm getting close to an Aya journey. Will share then. It's been FIVE years since I've done anything of that import. It's time.

I might've been out of my body in some sense (so to speak), but my body was still laying there in the room and was taking actions it had taken many times before. If I'd been in an unfamiliar setting, my body probably would've had a much harder time finding anything (after all, I was having trouble finding the floor there for a while), and I didn't "find" any buttons so much as make a physical gesture in the general direction that I'd made similar gestures before and I got lucky. That might be why I couldn't find the switch to the fan (which I normally do not have running), but was familiar enough with fans to know that pulling the cord (which I did find after some groping around) would achieve the same result.

It does seem obvious to me that "I" am really a "we." And I suspect that our minds are organized a lot like how computers are designed, at least at the user-interface level (layer by layer, we'll get to the 'bottom' of this! Unless "we" are the sum of the layers, that is...). That's why an operating system that might be highly logical and perfectly functional and works great on a computer can still be baffling and difficult for a human to use while an OP designed with a buggy but more "intuitive" UI is much easier to learn and put to use. Which explains Microsoft's initial success and rapid market dominance in the PC market (never mind that they ripped the idea of Windows from Apple who ripped it from Xerox).

But what makes an interface "intuitive?"

IMO it seem to be a function of how closely it mimics the way our minds work, and specifically the way our subconscious and our self-aware waking consciousness interact. I guess my take on the analogy is that our minds are like operating systems and our brains are sort of like arrays of numerous interconnected hard drives rather than a single drive with many partitions; that allows them to all be interconnected with all of the others (so they're not merely connected in series, or even in parallel). And that in turn allows our mind to utilize them all simultaneously, even if one is not consciously-aware of some or even most of what's going on, much like how operating systems generally have various programs or apps running in the "background."

Well, that's probably the case unless something alters the usual arrangement, that is...

#25 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

@errybody who has drunk the brew. Is it absolutely necessary to have a "guide"? I hear very strong arguments for both. One told me it should absolutely be done alone, one said absolutely not. I'm leaning alone, because why would one need a guide? What makes another human better suited than oneself and the plants/alkaloids? Not my first rodeo.

It should be noted that the person giving the "guide is a necessity" advice was a very "too cool for school" kind of guy, whom I rarely trust on anything as it's an egregious character flaw in my experience.

Edited by catattack, 11 December 2016 - 12:21 PM.

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:44 PM

Trust your intuition and go with that.

For me, I'd rather not have a guide since the presence of anyone else who is not in the same headspace that I am is very distracting/anchoring. And for that matter I've found myself having to serve as a guide or trip-sitter for people who took literally half of the dose that I took (and I'm not a 'hard head' by any stretch). I only took such a large dose (6 grams of bone-dry cubensis that particular time) because I'd assumed I wouldn't have to do that. That's why I generally only trip alone anymore, or only with very experienced fellow psychonauts (or total beginners who've never tripped before).

• coorsmikey and ChimX like this

#27 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 595 posts

Donator

Posted 12 December 2016 - 10:02 PM

I stopped tripping hardcore because I realized I was pushing the envelope to the point where it was getting very dangerous to do alone. Like, taking 10 grams of magic mushrooms in my apartment at university with a roommate who has never tripped before would be a really stupid idea. Same deal with DMT; I don't like to do DMT alone. I've thought about why this is and maybe it's because I need the ego assurance and recognition that i am about to do this super badass thing...or maybe I want to feel comfortable with someone I trust by my side; or maybe both. It doesn't really matter in the end though because you're tripping so hard it's really hard to care about anything ego-like. I wish I had someone in the same headspace as me to do some serious psyconaut exploring or at leased facilitate it for me. Also I should really get my life together before I trip super hard again, a stable income, a safe and comfortable house, girlfriend, etc...

• CatsAndBats likes this

#28 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:20 PM

IDK why any of those things other than the generic "get my stuff together" is necessary for enjoying TripSpace. IME the experience is right when you are right inside your own skin.

However, I am most envious of peeps whose significant other is on the same page. I'm not that lucky. Though I love my bride to death but she ain't one of us.

How absolutely badass awesome would it be to get comfortably settled into a high dose cactus trip and then get settled into bed with your S.O. ???

• Coopdog likes this

#29 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:03 PM

How absolutely badass awesome would it be to get comfortably settled into a high dose cactus trip and then get settled into bed with your S.O. ???

Very, very badass awesome. Same goes with fungi. Or MDA for that matter, though they each provide slightly different variations on the theme of boundary-dissolution.

Also I should really get my life together before I trip super hard again, a stable income, a safe and comfortable house, girlfriend, etc...

That does generally increase the probability of a more pleasant experience, but I've also found that tripping heavy (~6+ grams dry fungi) when life feels like anything BUT 'together' can be highly beneficial as well. Sort of like getting whacked by a Zen Master's 'enlightenment stick' at just the right moment...

In fact, some of the very best trips (that is, most mind-expanding/fulfilling/educational/insightful/etc.) I've ever had happened when I took large doses during some of the worst times in my life. I took those doses precisely in order to bust out of the mental/spiritual rut I found myself in during those times, and while the early stages of those trips were rather intense in a disconcerting way (to put it mildly), by the time they ended I felt like I'd been pressure-washed of all the residual gunk that tends to build up in the course of daily life, obscuring my Vision. Such trips re-expanded my awareness of the Universe back to its actual size, so to speak (which is really, really big). When my vision/clarity is all gunked-up with bullshit it makes reality/the Universe seem really, really small and intolerably cramped. I guess I'm more of a "rip the band-aid off as fast as possible/just get it over with" kind of person (and that's definitely not everyone's preferred approach, but it works for me).

• Coopdog likes this

#30 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 595 posts

Donator

Posted 17 December 2016 - 12:46 PM

I guess I'm more of a "rip the band-aid off as fast as possible/just get it over with" kind of person (and that's definitely not everyone's preferred approach, but it works for me).

I am the same way TV.  I gotta get rid of the negativity and fear as fast as possible or else is just festers and grows.

• TVCasualty likes this

#31 tailsmcsnails

tailsmcsnails

"DOOR"

• Gold VIP
  • 526 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:32 PM

Never had a DMT trip remind me of Salvia. Have had the "death" experience on DMT. Salvia reminds me more of meeting up with an ambassador from a different realm of being where our laws of physics don't apply. Only ever had breakthroughs with a sitter though. Interesting...

(please bear with me, I'm effing the ineffable as best I can here, which is woefully inadequate) 

I'm sorry but "I'm effing the ineffable here" is probably the best thing anyone has ever said in this or any 'verse.

love love  love it.

#32 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,074 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 February 2017 - 11:25 PM

I think he stole that from Alan Watts.

• tailsmcsnails likes this

#33 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:22 AM

I think he stole that from Alan Watts.

Hmm, and here I thought I stole it from you!

Or if we really are all "One," then it was mwe who originally said it after all (if "s/he" can be a word then I figure so can "mwe").

• Alder Logs and tailsmcsnails like this

#34 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,074 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 07:59 AM

I admit I later had the worried thought that I had used it without attribution and this could have been the current source.  I always like to include the attribution, even if it is only to say I saw it on a bumper sticker or an album jacket.

In this case, it would have only been right for you to say that you stole it from the guy who stole it from Alan Watts.

I am way more shameless out in the world as I recycle other people's jokes.

Edited by Alder Logs, 06 February 2017 - 08:03 AM.

#35 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 5,223 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:47 AM

Friggin awesome!

• TVCasualty likes this

#36 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,954 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

Man, now I wanna dmt it up!

• TVCasualty and Arathu like this

#37 sparrow95

sparrow95

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 118 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 01:44 PM

Elves hmmmm.  I've also heard of it being in bundle weed which Mckenna said was the highest concentration of anything.  At least by the time he died I guess.  Plus you need an antagonist for which you can use Syrian Rue.

So since its frozen and cold here I guess I'm ordering.  Are there botanical shops that carrry this stuff?  I guess I can figure out the a/b or whatever.  Not sure if MY cat could do it.  He's kinda an asshole.

All you every could imagine wanting to know about extracting DMT is available at DMT Nexus.

#38 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,743 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 February 2017 - 06:34 PM

Hence the name... :)

#39 Final

Final

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:40 AM

Awesome trip, i hear ya m8, best term i can use is " Body Waking up and getting in the way of the "spirit" 

like that annoying EX and will stay that way ex girlfriend, getting in the way of your "time" for your things"  lol . 

smoked last nite, towards end of trip that happened to me, so spent idk time prolly good min putting body back to sleep .  . but was amazing, i was literally moving that realm  reached out and grabbed w/e stuff and ate it lol . 

if you dont mind me suggesting next time you trip, once your at a more "static" area try saying hello and wana come in and play .

i look forward to reading more report, this post was only based on the first post, going back to read lil more posts on it. 

#40 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,799 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

I've experienced that ^^^^^^^ in Reverse.

Did a strong dose Rue and MHRB trip

It was a full day after returning to "baseline" before I felt comfortable with the idea of talking with people or doing important things like driving a car safely.

It was like my "mind" was having to coax my body into accepting it back inside again. Not scary but definitely interesting and enlightening :)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!