#1 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,134 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

First time making some cocobudder from high quality sugar trim and 20 g of buds. Decarboxolated for 30 min in oven on min heat, then I put two cups coconut oil in crockpot and let it liquify dumped chopped up dry herb in and let it cook for about 20 min. Strained through cheesecloth and baked into cookies. Made some beautiful golden colored oil. Going to try a cookie tonight and test them. Also used lecithin in the extraction and in the dough recipe. Hopefully they turn out as potent as I hope. This time no oats in them and used vegetarian fed chicken eggs and organic extra virgin unrefined coconut oil.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20150928_042751.jpg
  • IMG_20150928_042912.jpg
  • IMG_20150928_165715.jpg

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and happy4nic8r like this

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:36 PM

You have the perfect recipe and ingredients for topicals. They REALLY work, for all joint, inflammation, arthritis, and generally what ails ya.

Take your oil and blend it with a bit of water in the blender to fluff it up into lotion and apply to area that hurts. It knocks the pain in half.

We found this out by straining out the oil from cooking pot in it, our hands were suddenly pain free, for a few hours, of course it's not permanent, but it works!!

Medibles are good too! 

• TheObserver likes this

#3 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,134 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

Yeah I have some coconut oil left over from this extraction. Prob 3/4 of a cup I could make salves with.

I did get oil on my hands when I was straining but I used a rubber glove. I did noticemy hands felt better.

#4 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2015 - 01:27 PM

Used to know an old Mexican guy who would grow a couple pot plants every year and throw them in a big glass jar with a few bottles of everclear and just leave them in it. He would use it as linament to soothe his arthritic joints. Swore by the stuff. I know it is most certainly transdermal as when I was caught up in a UA program two months clean I harvested and processed everything but did not smoke or ingest anything at all and my levels shot up by a thousand points and it added another month for me to get totally clean so I could go back to work. That really sucked lol.

• TheObserver and happy4nic8r like this

#5 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:32 PM

It is truly amazing to me how little of the available active cannabinoids we absorb no matter really how we do it. It just gets to different receptors by the different routes.

The skin is the most effective route, since you can even buy patches now for THC and CBD, and like nicotene and fentanyl patches they have way more available in the patch than you can absorb even over time, then you cut up and eat the spent patch and ......I needn't say more.

Like other slow release patches they are pricey, and I can't even imagine for me wanting to be that stoned with no end in the near future. It reminds me of my father in laws scopolamine patch that put him in a psychedelic haze for three days, and I had to walk him through it. Lucky I was experienced in that sort of thing cuz he wasn't a happy tripper.

Edited by happy4nic8r, 29 September 2015 - 04:33 PM.

• TheObserver likes this

#6 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,134 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2015 - 07:20 PM

These cookies turned out alright but its more of a muscle relaxing high than a mind warping high. I'd prefer a heavy narcotic body stone over the sativa high. Maybe I didn't use enough weed for 2 cups of oil.
  • happy4nic8r likes this

#7 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:21 PM

1 ounce per cup of oil, and that's about all the oil will extract.

If you want more powerful you can add some shatter to it, melted to liquid and mixed in.

don't waste you plant, you can't get more out of it that the oil will extract with heating it.

#8 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,060 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2015 - 01:44 AM

Every strain has a different high to it and the effects can be different between smoking it and ingesting it. They may be more potent than  you think percentage wise, but you could be more used to the high from that particular strain so don't get as profound of effect from it. Also it makes a huge difference once you start growing as your body gets to that saturation level perma stone sort of tolerance, where nothing effects you as much as it used to. Let someone else try them who is not comfortable with that strain already and see if they have the same reaction to them.

I would use 1.5-2 cups of oil per ounce because there is a lot of goodies in an oz of good crystally homegrown. Peace and be safe...

#9 TheObserver

TheObserver

Make em' say Umph!

• OG VIP
  • 1,134 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:10 PM

Well my consensus was I didn't add enough plant material and used too much coconut oil. I think there are better strains for edibles. This is good smoke and makes good edibles if I added more material. 20g and some trim so that probably only made out to 12 grams per cup of oil. Next batch I'll probably do oatmeal cookies with real butter again and use an oz or more per cup butter and see if they are stronger.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!