• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:19 PM

I'm sure you've noticed the "Full Banner 468x60" template ads on various pages....

Mycotopia Staff are proud to announce the Advertiser BETA is now open!

(apologies to those who despise all forms of advertising, but unfortunately we have to keep the lights on somehow

please consider disabling your Adblock plugin to help support Mycotopia)

Anyone desiring to become an Advertiser (with a special Usergroup, direct Admin support, and more), please use the Apply button on the main menu (while viewing the full Desktop version of the site) to submit an application to become an advertiser here. Details are listed on the application, once approved you will be given access to the Mycotopia Store to purchase your desired banner ad location.

Advertiser Apply.png

Please keep in mind this is a BETA program, there may still be some testing underway & kinks to be worked out. Current pricing is also temporary, however, so if you choose to participate in the BETA and continue to renew your Ad package, you'll get in at a significantly lower cost than later Advertisers!

Questions / comments? Please post here :smile:

• PsyBearknot, AGAMA, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#2 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,315 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:04 PM

the prices should be listed on the application page or before.

price will always be a major consideration for a businessman.

before giving up personal information the numbers should be known.

fwiw.......

• happy4nic8r likes this

#3 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

I looked through it, and have asked admins before about this, and have to agree that one of the first questions I have is what we are talking $ wise. Then you know what you are applying for, and whether or not to proceed any further.

I think it's a great idea to have the ads in house, can't complain about how you guys support the site, the banner is a great idea. It's not in your face, or popping up when you hit "quote" and are redirected to an insurance quote.

#4 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,401 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:47 PM

Do the ads need to actually advertise something? Or can the ads just be purchased to showcase odd art?

Ages ago when I was a teenager I told people that, if I had the money, I'd buy TV advertising spots to just show weird art commercial things just because I could.

I don't have the money now, but it'd be fun to just purchase some ad space to show some art.

Fortunately I just picked up a more laid back job that I start very soon so I may have a few bucks here and there to throw around.

Change is odd, but hey, Mycotopia needs to try some new things to see what works, right?

• Bombadil likes this

#5 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

Thanks for the input guys, we've researched it and found most sites don't usually put the Ad rates directly on the first page you can find about it. You usually have to at least make contact with someone first before receiving the full info with actual costs, so that's the model we went with.

Do the ads need to actually advertise something? Or can the ads just be purchased to showcase odd art?

. . .

Good question! I'll have to check with the other Site Admins and get back to you on that one.

• niemandgeist likes this

#6 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

The main reason we ask you to sign up as an Advertiser first is a modicum of vetting. We check your info - what you're advertising, why, etc; look at your site, etc. Not much goes into it, but just checking to make sure it at least "looks" legit. If all is well then you get accepted into the Advertising group and then have access to see and purchase ads.

So it's more of a simple vetting than anything else.

To that end, the Sponsorship program, when that gets released, will include a much more in-depth vetting process; but then again we'll be actively advocating our members use our Sponsors, so we want to ensure we can trust they'll provide our members with excellent customer service. More info on this later!

Regarding the need to advertise *something* -- odd question, but I like where your head is at! From the perspective of Mycotopia a filled slot is, well, just that. We'll still want to vet the image(s) and link(s) but beyond that, whatever! We appreciate your support either way, and sprucing the site with rotating art could be cool too!

Keep it coming, we're making things better and you all are a part of that!

• AGAMA, Cue, wharfrat and 2 others like this

#7 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,426 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:03 PM

My thoughts years ago, were that if you can afford to advertise, (television ads), I can't really afford your product. '

That doesn't have to be the case, and nowadays everyone can advertise online, and have non-existent companies taking in real $ and not providing anything more than a pitch.

I appreciate the extra vetting this site does to insure the actuality of a vendor, or advertiser, at least as far as that is possible.

My only thought with this setup is that you can charge differently according to who and what they are selling.

#8 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

^^ I *suppose* that's possible, but that's not what's going on here. All "advertisers" get added to the "Advertiser" usergroup. If you look at EarthsTongue, for example, you'll see a yellow "Advertiser" title. You, for example, are in the VIP usergroup.

We have made the advertising packages in the store visible only to those in the advertising group. Your application, when approved, will automatically move you into that group. I believe you can exit the group voluntarily, I'll have to double check that.

• coorsmikey and happy4nic8r like this

#9 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

. . .

Nope, no advertisement necessary! As long as the banner image passes our usual standards for posting go ahead and put up whatever sweet art you desire :biggrin:

• AGAMA and niemandgeist like this

#10 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,401 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:14 PM

. . .

Nope, no advertisement necessary! As long as the banner image passes our usual standards for posting go ahead and put up whatever sweet art you desire :biggrin:

I need to save up my paychecks for the sake of saving up, but also because I need to get an inexpensive PC tower to replace this one, but I suppose I'll have some amount of money saved up to go towards supporting Topia and, if I can donate/help while displaying my art and maybe linking to an existing post here on Topia to get people participating in some weird idea I have that would be like...

NEATO!

I get to live out my teenage dreams in my 30's of being able to have enough money to purchase advertising space and have it link to thought-provoking or just plain weird shit just because I can and it's art so why not?

• Bombadil likes this

#11 Bombadil

Bombadil

Mycotopiate

• Site Administrator
  • 406 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:30 AM

. . .

NEATO!

I get to live out my teenage dreams in my 30's of being able to have enough money to purchase advertising space and have it link to thought-provoking or just plain weird shit just because I can and it's art so why not?

So niemandgeist, thought of anything you'd like to put up as a 'banner ad'?

Just PM an admin or submit an Application to be an 'Advertiser' and we'll get you set up. It's very affordable to have your banner run for a month, maybe even cheaper than that PC case :cool:

#12 FireDragon

FireDragon

Mycophiliac

• Myco Newb
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:44 AM

Hello everyone. I'm knew to this forum, it's very exciting for me to be here. I have never used any forums in my life just simply because they are not in action anymore. I found this forum tru one amazing picture of piperine crystals. Myself I'm into herbal medicine and curing ppl from very serious cancer problems, which I were studying heavily. I'm opening my website and I have lots to say to the world how easy we can help each other without farmaceftika and so on. I wud love to advertise my products with you along to have lots of ather good information from my learning and giving my knowledge to ather ppl on many topics you have on your forum. If someone can help me how to do it I'll be very happy for it.
  • Zen_ likes this

#13 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,789 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 12:51 AM

Welocme FireDragon! Would love to hear more about what you have to share! Please stop by our Welcome forum and introduce yourself to our community too. Here is a link to apply to advertise here also. https://mycotopia.ne...p?app=groupjoin
  • Zen_ likes this

#14 catattack

catattack

Mycotopia's beast coast day shift helper. [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,596 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:03 AM

Hello everyone. I'm knew to this forum, it's very exciting for me to be here. I have never used any forums in my life just simply because they are not in action anymore. I found this forum tru one amazing picture of piperine crystals. Myself I'm into herbal medicine and curing ppl from very serious cancer problems, which I were studying heavily. I'm opening my website and I have lots to say to the world how easy we can help each other without farmaceftika and so on. I wud love to advertise my products with you along to have lots of ather good information from my learning and giving my knowledge to ather ppl on many topics you have on your forum. If someone can help me how to do it I'll be very happy for it.

Check out/research cordyceps militaris if you haven't already done so, amazing medicine. WELCOME!

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!