• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 386 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 09:48 AM

I made some chocolates with mushrooms mixed in, in june. I did one as a test when i made them, gave the rest away, but i kept one to see if there was a potency loss over long term. Just ate it up yesterday this is oct so 4 months old. They where still pretty good, there might have been a bit of potency loss but not alot. Kept them in the freezer the whole time.

Just thought i would share, didn't find any info on it when i was looking for it, sorry if its common knowledge here.

Ive had some pretty crappy mushroom chocolates at festivals always assumed it was because of potency loss from the chocolate, guess not!

Edited by Pan1, 09 October 2015 - 09:50 AM.

• wharfrat and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#2 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,842 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

nice to know, thank you for sharing. Did you powder or chunk the mush up? i'm still a tea kinda guy, but love chocolate. I just don't like eating the solids anymore, too much on the ol gut.

• Amanita Versicula likes this

#3 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,417 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

If you do combine your mushrooms with chocolate, I would assume that chilled in the refrigrator would be A-OK, but maybe totally chilled in the freezer would be even more OK for the long-term.

Ive had some pretty crappy mushroom chocolates at festivals always assumed it was because of potency loss from the chocolate, guess not!

This might possibly have been due to the potency of the source mushrooms, or the storage conditions of the good mushrooms in chocolate. Who knows?

If you know it's potent and you store it cool or colder you might be OK for the long-haul. I only have some friends I know to consult as to long-term storage potency. Your mileage may vary.

#4 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 02:31 AM

Sorry my comp died the night i wrote this been out of touch for a bit.

Yeah I powdered them in a coffee grinder before mixing in chocolate with them, hit quick powered too!

Yeah I stick all my mushrooms in the freezer after dried.

• Amanita Versicula likes this

#5 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 03:14 AM

I have found that mushrooms do not really lose potency even over 4-5 yrs and left in very airy and barely closed containers. I would bet that they would store long term in chocolate almost as well as honey. A few months back I ate some very old mushroom powder from the bottom of a apothecary jar with a rather loose fitting lid that had been stuck in a box an stored away all that time. I was fuckin amazed when I did a few grams of it and I mean only like 2-3 grams at most. I have not found them to lose much potency over time but instead they hit you hard and a little different than freshly dried ones. Dunno what makes the difference but they don't seem to lose anything from what I have seen.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:25 PM

The dust at the bottom of the jar will kick your ass....
  • Coopdog, CatsAndBats and Grow4gold like this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,214 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:24 AM

indeed! dust that stuff!

cat edit: powdering them should make them easier to digest and harder hitting, correct?!

Edited by catattack, 22 November 2015 - 10:25 AM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#8 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,316 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:32 AM

I don't know what it is about the dust at the bottom of the jar, but be careful!

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/(^ x ^)\

• OG VIP
  • 7,214 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

I ate that off of a zip when I was in my 20's and went and saw ATR. wow.

[Direct Link]

@steampunk the shake is all cap trim, so extra sillycybin!

Edited by catattack, 22 November 2015 - 11:31 AM.

#10 Amanita Versicula

Amanita Versicula

Mycophiliac

• OG VIP
  • 97 posts

Donator

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:38 PM

CHOCOLATE SOUNDS FANTASTIC!

though for me~they NEVER LAST LONG ENUF TO DO ANYTHING WITH!

i LIKE THE BLUE HONEY CUZ THEY STAY FRESH & THAT'S THE WAY I LIKE EM

ONE A DAY KEEPS THE PSYCHIATRIST AWAY!

can't keep my short little fingers off of em! though ONCE a friend sent me a giant bag & THEM (pulverized) AND was phenomenal ~

BUT HE REALLY KNOWS HIS SHROOMS!

i put it in tea & over did it~AND ENDED UP IN BED SEEING ALL KINDS OF COLORS!! WAS THE CLOSET TO THE CRYSTAL ACID I USED TO HAVE WHEN JUST A LASS!

HAD A DOPE DEALIN OLE MAN @ the time~YA KNOW~PROBABLY DEA "SPONSORED" which they did nab him+long story~wanna write a book ~they're ALL GONE NOW~

as i live in the police state of NY~we never have "offers" of anything like that @ a FESTIVAL. 

and in all HONESTY~it's been years since i left the house! JAJAHAHA~

not really ~BUT for fun ~     (what's that?) CAN SOMEONE SEND ME SOME F U N? jahaha~

WELL              I                      F I N A L L Y made it here and no one is "around". 

MAYBE YA ALL ARE REAPIN THE TRYPTOPHANS (KNOW THAT CAN'T BE SPELLED RIGHT BUT FOOGLE SPELL CHECK SUCKS) IN THE LEFT OVER TURKEY

BE WELL ALL & FUN-GI ROCKS+++ 

WILL TRY AGAIN AS SOON AS I CAN GET HERE!

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE BEEN SO KIND TO ME! IT IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

• wharfrat likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!