#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:37 PM

I think Juthro is right from experience. I worked for the usps and if it fell open they most likely looked at it all , while it may have been protected by 4th amendment - a search warrant is needed, they could not open it but if it came apart that's another story.  they have super surveillance  inside. could they have been tipped off? if so they won't say we had a search warrant , they are known to lie.

claiming an accident so no search warrant was needed then opening , finding  and all the while pretending it was a common mistake that revealed contents? then there should be video of that happening.

postal inspectors are like fbi, they do a lot of busts and  helped shut down the seed trade.

I heard other postal clerks say heres another pack of seeds from gypsy and even drop things on the floor and stomp them.

if was quite a few years ago that I worked there but some are good people and others no good at all.

got a few funny stories about one postal worker thought he got the uni bomber was dreaming of the 2 mill reward only to be depressed when it turned out he was wrong. they used to put wanted posters inside the post office tells you about some employees.

not to freak you out .

peace & safety to you.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 10 October 2015 - 01:46 PM.

• MLBjammer and Juthro like this

#22 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 01:57 PM

if you do have problems - do not sign away your right to a fast and speedy trial. no bench trial but a jury trial . regardless of what your lawyer says.

if you do not get a jury seated then you know the charges will be dismissed, this is the voice of experience speaking.

I hope and pray it does not come to this. I think you will remember this as a paranoid time but you got through it ok.

• MLBjammer likes this

#23 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,584 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:15 PM

The post office will usually deliver and then come to your house when they know you are in possession.

Concur with the opinion you know nothing about it. Get a Smurf to go to the P.O. with the notice and say they are you.

If the package comes late, don't open it, put it just like they sent it in a closet and wait, or destroy it immediately. See what happens.

And do let us know, that's some good knowledge since laws and capture procedures change over the years.

• Coopdog likes this

#24 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 616 posts

Donator

Posted 10 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

They gave me the large empty tube I sent it in and I threw it away immediately.

Its either I claim it online or it is getting sent back to my parents house in a different box. I am going to not claim it and let it be and hope it gets forgotten about.
  • Coopdog, AGAMA, Juthro and 1 other like this

#25 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

make sure your parents don't sign for it . I suggest not calling ( or email) them directly, but another ( friend?) who can to go and tell your parents not by voice, but on a little paper that gets burned right away.

sure might mess with your relationship but everybody is safe.

I know I sound crazy but having been busted in the past will do that to a guy.

• AGAMA and Microbe like this

#26 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,729 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 04:28 PM

I agree, do NOT take possession of it and do not claim it, and deny any knowledge of it, but it sounds like you are already past that by admitting enough that they returned the tube to you. And why the fuck would they return the tube and not the contents? I would say you have a right to be worried still at this point. I sent a seed package a while back that made it just fine with a treasure trove of good genetics in it that I fretted about for three days as the last THREE packages I sent containing other illicit things did not make it, and it was very discreetly packaged. I never put a correct return addy and always use the same false name and addy when I mail something that I know is a actual place.

I used to have a friend who was a postmaster in a small town. He gave me a few pointers for illegal mailing.

#1 first and foremost, DO NOT use some witty fake name and address and make sure it is an actual address. As soon as it is scanned and a name like Smokey Toohigh at 420 assmaster lane the package is flagged suspicious. Always use a realistic name and an actual return address. (Not your own) that will not flag the package as soon as it is entered into the system. Always use a return addy and never leave it blank or it is flagged for that also.

Do not use too much postage like putting 6-8 postage stamps on a bubblemailer and dropping it into an anonymous mailbox.

Do not use Duct tape to reinforce your packaging. Overpackaging is suspect.

Do not use overnight mail or UPS or FED EX as every single package they handle is Xrayed and looked at. Always use regular parcel post and even then it is getting to the point that most of those packages are scanned as well as the USPS is increasing their automation and security with homeland security funding.

Always make sure there is no smell, I have gotten packages at the post office I could smell ten feet away from my goddamn po box! That is the least you can do for your and your friends security! If you send pot use a glass jar with a well sealing lid and well protected from breakage with several inches of bubblewrap around it.

Usually if a package gets busted open, they tape it up and send it along even if they see small amounts of weed or illicit drugs. Depending on the actual person involved of course, but the postal inspectors and feds have better things to do than run down everyone sending their cousin a couple grams of stinky greenbuds.

Good luck on your situation Saph, and my instincts tell me this is going to coxme out ok or you would have already had a visit. Let them send it to your parents, maybe they will even be cool and give it to you if they get it.

Peace man...

• MLBjammer, Juthro, Microbe and 2 others like this

#27 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

got some one that can get back to us here? we might be able to help in some  way.

I think you are going to be ok  while I don't know you personaly ,I want to help if needed.

after all you are a community member and help is what do for our friends.

• MLBjammer, Microbe and happy4nic8r like this

#28 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 616 posts

Donator

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

They haven't showed up yet...never know though. I don't know of anyone on Myco who lives in the Florida area.
  • sillyrabbitcubiesR4us likes this

#29 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 616 posts

Donator

Posted 10 October 2015 - 06:06 PM

Thank you Coopdog
  • Juthro likes this

#30 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

They haven't showed up yet...never know though. I don't know of anyone on Myco who lives in the Florida area.

There are a couple, but I will let them identify themselves.

Keep faith brother, keep your lips tight and I feel you will be alright.

#31 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:42 PM

You don't know what the hell they are talking about!

That is your story and if you stick to it you will be OK.

• Juthro likes this

#32 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:15 PM

For real^^
Deny deny deny until you believe it yourself. I think everything is fine tho like others have said I think you would know by now if it wasn't.

Good luck brother... Keep calm :)
  • Juthro likes this

#33 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 7,784 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 October 2015 - 09:48 PM

I am not a religious man, but that there is the gospel of advice, and I hope your follow it. If you admit it, you bought it. If not they have to prove it.

That is a big difference.

I wish you the best friend. Truly I do.
  • ethnobotanist420, wharfrat and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#34 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Donator

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:12 AM

this story is peculiar indeed, and I am very sorry to here it.  in my experience of shipping alcohol through the mail when a package gets confiscated theres two courses of action.  1.  they discover thats its alcohol and keep it.  it is not delivered.  then you get contacted saying its illegal to ship booze and you get a nasty letter in the mail. or 2.  they repackage it and send it along.  I have had bottles break in transit and leak everywhere and then have a whole new box show up on my door repackaged and all.  

In my old town quite a few people were arrested from recieving stuff through the mail.  nothing was ever confiscated unless it was coming from outside the country in which customs holds it and you get a letter to come and claim it.  however with usps, they usually will contact authorities from what I've seen, and go as far as have a police dressed as a fake post office worker deliver it to the house and then come in afterwards to raid the place. almost everytime this is the case.  I have even had a friend be contacted about a box of beer that was flagged by the post office and the authorities opened the box with the recipient apparently the box of beer was packaged by a dude with refer oils on his hands and the oder was detected.  the fact that they held the blanket is interesting.  although there is a large chance they have discovered it, there is the possibility that they found it but can't tie it to the box, or a better end to the story is that the blanket was destroyed and by filing a claim you would be getting reimbursed for you shipping and box contents. I would like to say this though.  IN ALL CASES OF CLAIMS MADE FOR DAMAGED PACKAGES, THE SENDER IS THE ONE TO FILE THE CLAIM, THE SENDER IS THE ONE TO BE REIMBURSED, THE RECIPIENT IS NOT EVEN ALLOWED TO INQUIRE ABOUT IT.  IF YOU THINK ABOUT THIS IT MAKES SENSE WHY WOULD THE RECIPIENT BE REIMBURSED THEY HAVE NOT SPENT ANY MONEY IN THIS TRANSACTION. if you think about it logically and the box did break open somehow which is unlikely several boxes could have been damaged and there may be no way to pin it on 1 person.  either case just forget about it, warn you family not to accept anything in the mail coming back to the house, however I doubt leo would go through the trouble of sending it back seeing how its an illegal substance and they already have a name and address to tie it to.  even if its a fake name the address alone is enough for them to deliver that package as usual and then raid afterwards.  there may be some heat on your old address but they aren't going to go through the trouble of contacting the authorities over there to go and check things out over a gram of powder.  

was there any delay that you can see in your tracking, is there any info on your tracking? sometimes it will say damaged and to contact a number but if it says delivered then Id say your good to go to just forget about it.  I know it really sucks to be in limbo but as others may have mentioned you should start preparing for the worst and clean out your PC of any pics, your phone of any pics, anything thing on paper, and any paraphernalia.  make sure your history is actively deleted every time you log on and don't save your passwords.  

#35 BlackPeter17

BlackPeter17

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,347 posts

Donator

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:14 AM

oh and I'm really sorry man, for what what its worth I have had many positive interactions with saph and he has helped me out tremendously over the year.  he is a stand up topian.  Im sorry you are going through this stress man.

• coorsmikey likes this

#36 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 03:19 AM

Related story:

I had a friend that had been successfully muling coke to up state NY for atleast 10 years. 2-3 times a year he would pack a kilo into luggage. Well once he got almost an entire kilo through the airport once again, except one suit case with only 4 ounces wound up in the hands of an elderly couple. This elderly couple turned it over to the authorities like any good brain washed citizen would do. So, my buddy gets a call about his lost piece of luggage. And after getting almost 2  pounds of coke through this idiot goes and claims his luggage that only had 4 ounces in it. Well of course as soon as he claims it the hand cuffs go on.

Once you claim it yours you are screwed.

#37 sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

sillyrabbitcubiesR4us

Mycotopiate

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 632 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I agree denial is your best route. I'm in Florida :)
  • MLBjammer likes this

#38 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 12:30 PM

man that sucks Saph

I agree with most here

DENY you know anything about it

I also wanted to to throw this out

If it had tracking, DO NOT track it from any internet connection that can be traced back to you

I remember reading an article about some dude that got busted by shipping shit through the mail

That guy was shipping packages to random addresses and watching the tracking for delivery

then he'd roll by the house and snag it off the porch 

I forgot how they finally caught on

but once they did they checked the tracking and saw that the same IP had checked on the status like 19 times

and found that same IP was tracking other stuff still in route 

tying him to several other quantities of contriband

• MLBjammer and happy4nic8r like this

#39 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:29 PM

We ship packages a lot and I receive them due to my online shopping issues. A rule I follow is if it contains any goodies I don't want being traced to me. I won't get it and will feign ignorance till the end.

I'm sorry this happened to you as well. There's some good advice in this thread.
  • MLBjammer and Juthro like this

#40 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 616 posts

Donator

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:13 PM

Thank you everyone for your advise. It really helped me understand the situation. You guys are the best! I am glad I have Myco!!!
  • MLBjammer likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!