#41 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,304 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:31 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I agree denial is your best route. I'm in Florida :)

I'm in Florida too, and we have some very lenient mushroom laws. 

But rules change when you are talking about USPS which is federal, and the Post Master General does have resources.

Once upon a time I was doing something wrong, but when I found out the PMG wasn't too far off of my trail I ceased and desisted.

#42 Saphroziac

Saphroziac

Hotbrained Dyanamitard

• OG VIP
  • 616 posts

Donator

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:08 PM

Do you think they are going to search all the packages coming to my address now?

#43 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,670 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:56 PM

I certainly wouldn't be mailing anything questionable to that address

while they do technically need a warrant to open a package

sometimes things just happen to fall open

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

When the government breaks the law, it didn't happen unless they get caught.  When there is no one trying to catch them, well, it just gets easier for them, doesn't it?  I bet we would never believe the percentage of packages that just broke open. 

• coorsmikey, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#45 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:04 PM

I used to get all kinds of goodies back in the day (2006'ish or 2007'ish to late 2008) in the mail via USPS.

I even had a PO Box where I had it all shipped to.

Now, years later, I realize even though I thought I knew it all I really didn't. I was young, dumb, and looking for drugs.

Getting illegal drugs shipped to FEDERAL PROPERTY (post office) was stupid.

Either way, I'd say the best bet is to consider it lost and don't even claim it or say it was yours. Deny or just refuse comment.

I prefer refusing comment apart from the easy way to deny by saying: "What?!?"

You don't know anything about that shit.

Might be good to clue in the family that some shit happened that you can't explain, but because you love them they need to refuse or deny such and such for protection because you were a dumbass, but it's nothing to worry over.

I just can't believe all of the shit I got delivered with no issue over several years to the post office box I had.

Maybe they/somebody knew, but because it was all personal use amounts they were like "OK buddy. Have fun but get it out of your system we have only so much patience."

Who knows?

All I know is that I DO NOT send anything illegal or sketchy in the mail these days.

#46 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Excuse me but please don't call people dumb asses!! Niem you are pushing the envelope on here!

Please chill out! And no name calling I don't care what the situation is you do not talk to people like that!

Thank you!
  • Heirloom and niemandgeist like this

#47 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

Excuse me but please don't call people dumb asses!! Niem you are pushing the envelope on here!

Please chill out! And no name calling I don't care what the situation is you do not talk to people like that!

Thank you!

Edit: Apparently MycoDani read my other post and replied here... Took me a few seconds, but I think my other post was replied to here by her and I read my post from this thread again and don't see issues so... Let me know! I know I was just joking in the other thread but I read my last post here and I don't see anything wrong so hopefully it's two misunderstandings rolled into one!

Sorry.

It wasn't any real person.

This was supposed to be a comical work of semi-fiction blended with real-life.

Nobody here sent me anything that I didn't allegedly order from nobody who is here. This was some silly company I accidentally placed some order to and NOT a fellow Topian.

I was trying to be funny.

At the same time, I like the fact that you reacted and posted just in case it might have been someone here.

I know I can deliver comedy or oddity in ways that others might not get initially, but I swear that's what was going on here.

I'm quite happy with what was received... This was supposed to be satire actually.

So hopefully all is OK?

Edit:

Now I think you might have replied to this thread instead of my joke/satire thread about the mushroom heroin syringes when I did use the term "dumbasses".

Edited by niemandgeist, 12 October 2015 - 01:28 PM.

• MycoDani likes this

#48 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:25 PM

This is the problem with words...they can get lost in translation. I also enjoy reading satire but I didn't feel it was. Sorry for mistaking your work.

All is good as long as you understand it can come off like that. Any probs pm me I want to keep the thread on track.
  • coorsmikey and niemandgeist like this

#49 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:32 PM

This is the problem with words...they can get lost in translation. I also enjoy reading satire but I didn't feel it was. Sorry for mistaking your work.

All is good as long as you understand it can come off like that. Any probs pm me I want to keep the thread on track.

MycoDani... I'm pretty sure that you must have read my other recent new post in "Here We Grow" where I did use the term "dumbass" facetiously/satirically and then you posted your response here. I had to double-check myself. I don't see that response here in this thread, but I can understand you reacting/posting to it here accidentally.

I had hoped that that one post would be interpreted as humor, but I can also understand it being misinterpreted.

I guess it'd be best if I post at the end of such posts "This is humor/satire/etc."

Again, at the same time, it's nice to see active moderation here.

I was just trying to tell Saph IN THIS THREAD specifically that I used to get things mailed to me at a PO box years ago and how it went. If you read up a few posts in this thread you should see it.

Pretty danged sure you were responding to the "mushroom heroin" post I made in "Here We Grow".

Anyway, please let me know what's up! I Hope you've been well and I'd like to clear this up.

Edited by niemandgeist, 12 October 2015 - 01:33 PM.

#50 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:35 PM

I think you're over reacting please just pm me if you have a prob I don't want to clutter Saphs thread like this.

I'm sure you understand. Thanks no worries and just pm me if you need to talk. The other topic is a separate issue and not for this thread.

#51 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:49 PM

Back to mailing things, here are some more tips.

1.) Packages get scanned. So you need to send hollow metal items, such as pens, statues, nick-nacks, etc. Stuff that grandmas might send as gifts.

2.) Gift wrap the items inside.

3.) Always seal anything that a dog could smell then wipe down with amonia. Amonia reduces an animals ability to smell other things (but not so much that your package smells like a broken Mr. Clean bottle)

4.) Use official priority boxes and envelopes, the post office takes pride in their boxes.

5.) Make it look like company business to business mail.
  • niemandgeist and sillyrabbitcubiesR4us like this

#52 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2015 - 09:41 PM

I haven't done this in ages, and will never do it again, but I do have another tip:

Wear nitrile or latex gloves while working/packing. Also keep in mind that fingerprints are mainly oil and dirt/dust deposited in patterns. If you have 70% iso or higher iso alcohol you can wipe that over anything you've possibly touched and mainly destroy the oils/fuck up the prints if you weren't always wearing gloves. Of course using tape and gloves is...uh... a challenge? I always used tweezers for that bit.

Definitely a good idea to use the USPS boxes/envelopes.

If contacting people online to do anything use encryption and also use one of those free online services behind a proxy or paid VPN to access and post "about that stuff". Privnote.com and other things can come in handy but you need to combine it with encryption to be 100% absolutely sure.

So glad I'm not into that stuff since like almost 10+ years ago. :::breathes sigh of relief:::

OH and use PRINTED labels whenever possible!

#53 Ovoideocystidiata

Ovoideocystidiata

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

the only advise i can give is learn how to properly prepare a package and that should solve the problem.

#54 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:32 PM

The post office does not use dogs for state to state mail.

encryption  is nice but the US Gov. has the keys to encryption, that's why it was illegal to use pgp in the USA
years ago, when it was ok to use in other countries.

Ammonia might show up on a nitrate scan for explosives.

I am nobody but make sure the pack is sealed ,properly addressed and correct postage, no problems.

#55 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:34 PM

The source code for pgp is available which means you can rewrite it to do 512 byte keys, or 1028 or whatever. You can change the hash function too. With a 1028 bit key it would take a quantum computer a million years to brute force it.

Combine it with multi stage pgp or fractile encoding, or stenography the NSA is SOL. They may have back doors into "authorized" encoding schemes, but why would you use that?

Illegal? Prove its not just random bits.

Of course if they have you...well then they just resort to good ol torture.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 05 November 2015 - 06:36 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#56 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hey Steam good to see people who care about privacy. Look into Phil Zimmerman and the history of PGP.

Phil did a few years in Federal prison for developing PGP (in the early 90's ) and refusing to provide keys or a back door to the US Gov.

I won't argue but I do not think the US Gov. will allow any privacy especially communications they can not intercept.

#57 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,862 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:38 PM

Since we're all the government, what is the problem? 

Oh yeah, I remember now, Need-To-Know basis and we don't need to know, or decide who does.

• Heirloom likes this

#58 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

Heirloom, I have read all about Phil, and it pisses me off, so much so that I did exactly what I just wrote about above.

Not only that I developed a scheme I call the fractile super position method. Now, if you have ever looked at the Mandelbroit set, or one of the other Julia sets, they go on infinity deep, with "regular" but not identicle or predictable patterning. Now imagine two Julia sets, one superimposed on too of another. You go to some dept level in one set, then pick the point from the other set. Your beginning coordinates and depth level become your encoding key, and the depth level of the second set becomes the offset that is added to your original value.

They are infinite sets, therefore completly unpredictable without the coordinates and depth level.

Viola!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 05 November 2015 - 08:51 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#59 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:34 PM

Steam you are off the charts above my understanding on computer security.

I wish you safety and peace as I do all

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#60 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,029 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:32 PM

I appreciate the props, but some of the security hackers out there such as in the anonymous groups, are way beyond. The mathematics become nearly incomprehensible. But for most folks, common sense with security is all that is needed.

But its always good to have some of this stuff in your back pocket...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!