#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,451 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

Hey there everyone. Post a picture of things that make your skin craw,.  Any photos pertinent to that subject should be posted here in this thread.

Here is mine.  Amanita muscaria (Red Variation).  I never had a desire to eat these mushrooms.  And this image I created in Dream Scope's 'Trippy' plug-in justifies why I do not want to ever consume Amanita muscaria/

On a side note to my attitude. In the year 2000 or so, a friend boiled Amanita for two days, constantly boiling it down to goo and then re-adding more water over and over and over for two days. Then he boiled it down to a glob of goo.  Later he put a 1/4 ounce of Cannabis into the slime and let it dry for several days.  It was smoked and I had two puffs.  Did not feel much but it was very speedy in effect, like a light amphetamine kind of Shulgin come on that never went further than the curtains wavering and shimmering like they were moving when one first feels the come-on to most entheogenic substances/

I always advise everyone not to consume this species although I only really know one man who I believe consumed Amantia's and that was Jonathan Ott.

I have, over the past 20 years on the Internet read of many people who say they do eat it and experience mass hallucinations but I doubt the majority of those who claim such effects because hallucinations are not part of the Amanita experience.  Sleep and dreamlike states are common for a mushroom that bares the epithet of 'Soma.'  An effect that leaves one in a somatic dream like state of inebriation, not intoxication and also causes macropsia as well.  

MACROPSIA:

(also known as megalopia) is a neurological condition affecting human visual perception, in which objects within an affected section of the visual field appear larger than normal, causing the person to feel smaller than they actually are.

Wow, got that all right.  Have to remember what I was thinking about.

Of course the word Soma came from the Wasson book, but is also a pill for back problems.

SOMA:

Definition of SOMA. : an intoxicating juice from a plant of disputed identity that was used in ancient India as an offering to the gods and as a drink of immortality by worshippers in Vedic ritual and worshipped in personified form as a Vedic god.

However,  The word "soma" has four distinct meanings:

1. The plant, or the intoxicating juice of the plant, used in ancient Indian religious ceremonies. Inevitably, given the Indian tradition, the plant and its juice were personified as a god, Soma.

2. The imaginary "ideal pleasure drug" in Aldous Huxley's novel Brave New World (1932). Its chemistry and pharmacology are undefined. As described, the drug resembles a hangoverless tranquilliser or an opiate.

3. "Soma" is the most common brand name of the muscle-relaxant carisoprodol, otherwise known as N-isopropyl-2-methyl-2-propyl-1,3-propanediol dicarbamate. Soma is marketed by Royce Laboratories, Inc; it was FDA-licensed in 1996. Soma/carisoprodol is broken down in the body into the active metabolite meprobamate. Meprobamate is a Schedule IV sedative-hypnotic, an anticonvulsant and anxiolytic muscle relaxant. It was first marketed in the USA from 1955 under the brand name Miltown as an anti-anxiety agent. The "miracle drug" of its era, Miltown was immortalised by the Rolling Stones as "Mother's Little Helper".

4. the body of an animal or plant excluding the germ cells.

A note regarding Meaning number 3.  The Rolling Stones song, "Mother's Little Helper" was about Valium's and was not about the drug SOMA.  And Valiums were manufactured by Hofmann-La Roche Pharmaceuticals in 1963.  The song by the Stones was not as the Aldous Huxley page on SOMA noted above in number a pill that was sold under the name of 'Miltown' [sic!].

A link to the page on Soma which is an Aldous Huxley page of sorts with links about Amanita and Brave New World:

http://www.huxley.ne...ma/meaning.html

Okay, here is my contribution of 'Things That make Your Skin Crawl.  And open this up to a large image if it doesn't do so automatically after I post it here.

16am16-Trippy-1.jpg

mjshroomer/man of knowledge

Edited by mjshroomer, 17 October 2015 - 09:06 AM.

#2 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,505 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

I ate lots of amanita, and I agree, it's not a visual high. It is more like drinking a bunch of moonshine, you see flashes when you move your eyes, and feel kind of sickly intoxicated.

You used to be able to buy the caps legally, and they actually shipped to Hawaii.

Once I started growing cubes i never went back, no need. 

Don't eat them fresh, they need to be dried to convert the ibotenic acid, and muscarine. they can be mildly poisonous.

Back on point, my stomach, more than my skin, crawls with the thought of eating them again.

Edited by happy4nic8r, 17 October 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#3 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:21 PM

There is a thread somewhere on the forum about using amanita with cubes which is particularly interesting though...

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,315 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 01:24 PM

o-BEDBUG-facebook.jpg

Bed bugs...
  • GadgetGuy, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#5 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:18 PM

Black Solider Fly larva. 

personally, I view this and smile... hardly makes my skin crawl, but im sure it will for some :P

[Direct Link]

Edited by Il19z8rn4li1, 17 October 2015 - 04:18 PM.

• Coopdog, Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#6 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,178 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:43 PM

Cockroach nests...................

(shivers at the thought)

post-126525-0-53094800-1445121808.jpg

Cockroach-Infestations.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 October 2015 - 05:44 PM.

• Juthro likes this

#7 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

MJ that amanita picture is amazing. I wish I had a framed print of that about 4 ft tall. I can't add links on here or I would tag a video of tarantulas. Those things make me have bad dreams.

• Skywatcher and Juthro like this

#8 entheonaut

entheonaut

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:59 PM

I can still recall finding fresh phatty amanitas under pine trees and drying em out in a dehydrator with high hopes. Ended up never eating them, for lack of someone to eat them with. Sounds like I'm not missing too much. I left them in NZ... maybe some Kiwi came across em in the woods and had a good time with em.

As far as skin crawling, there's a larva I haven't been able that appears in my compost bin certain times of year when it don't get dumped right away. No picture, but will be on the lookout, I'm sure they'll come back (maybe someone here can ID them).

#9 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,703 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:52 PM

gremlin.jpg

Need to repost some of my deleted art so here we go: A creepy gremlin.

Kind of creeps me out that this is the stuff I was drawing when I was 12 years old. Yep: That's how old I was when I drew this one.

Edited by niemandgeist, 17 October 2015 - 09:56 PM.

• Coopdog likes this

#10 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,178 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:30 PM

I had to nominate this creepy Amanita rendition. It does not exactly make my skin crawl, but I love the artistic, trippy, rendition. Plus I find it appropriate for an October theme.

From mjshroomer,

Found in the thread:

https://mycotopia.ne...l/#entry1245561

"Amanita Entity"

post-105053-0-10704000-1445089583.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 17 October 2015 - 11:32 PM.

• Coopdog, Juthro and niemandgeist like this

#11 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2015 - 03:18 AM

I second this one. A very much realistic rendition of the spirit of these entheogens we take so lightly. "Respect the perspective" and all because it is just the quantum reality in a nutshell.

• TheObserver likes this

#12 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,178 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:57 PM

I have to apologise, The nomination for the creepy Amanita was for POTM. I posted it here in all honesty because I was not paying attention. The nomination is valid and found in the correct place here.

https://mycotopia.ne...h/#entry1245650

Pain levels have been off the charts this weekend and I remain heavily medicated. I forgot what thread I was in........................

#13 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,399 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

Sorry to hear you are suffering Skye, I had a really bad week myself a couple of weeks ago. I think it has to with the seasonal change here. I hope better days come soon brother.

I'm with Coop on the tarantula thing. Back when the earth was green (a.k.a. a long time ago), I had a roommate that had one. He used to roll up his pot in a baggie and leave it in the terrarium. As I am sure you know, a baggie all rolled up turns translucent, and then absorbs the heat from the terrarium light. Well, that damn spider would lie on the baggie to absorb the heat out of it.

No one but him in that house had the huevos to get the spider off the bag to get into the stash, lol.
  • coorsmikey and Il19z8rn4li1 like this

#14 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 4,867 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:24 PM

Sorry to hear you are suffering Skye, I had a really bad week myself a couple of weeks ago. I think it has to with the seasonal change here. I hope better days come soon brother.I'm with Coop on the tarantula thing. Back when the earth was green (a.k.a. a long time ago), I had a roommate that had one. He used to roll up his pot in a baggie and leave it in the terrarium. As I am sure you know, a baggie all rolled up turns translucent, and then absorbs the heat from the terrarium light. Well, that damn spider would lie on the baggie to absorb the heat out of it.No one but him in that house had the huevos to get the spider off the bag to get into the stash, lol.

Heck yeah! Juthro that is something I would still do to this day. lol
  • Juthro likes this

#15 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

The very night I posted about the tarantulas, I got a nasty double spiderbite right over my jugular on my neck lol I hate those damn things.

• Juthro likes this

#16 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,451 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 October 2015 - 05:22 PM

Thanks to all for the nomination for my pic.  

mjshroomer/man of Knowledge

• AGAMA and Skywatcher like this

#17 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,145 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2015 - 04:52 PM

A man that has pube-y hair growing out of his shoulders.

#18 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,451 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:12 AM

MJ that Amanita picture is amazing. I wish I had a framed print of that about 4 ft tall. I can't add links on here or I would tag a video of tarantulas. Those things make me have bad dreams.

HI Coopdog,

That photo is a large one and is 1000 X 960 pixels and is more than 206 kb in size. A small poster can be made at a kinkos or at most copy shops. be sure to have them laminate the picture so it will have no damage for a life time or more,  That is what I do when I make posters of my art that I sell privately only when asked by a shroom fan who wants a particular poster made of my photos or art.. But I posted this a good size so it could be saved to a desk top and then to a memoery card and copied into a photo or a small poster.  

mjshroomer/man of knowledge

• Coopdog likes this

#19 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,362 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:19 PM

Thank you Sir! I just saw your post, maybe I can make a poster out of it after all!.

#20 Liquidmetal22

Liquidmetal22

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the animantias the one you have to sink the pee from someone who ate them to get the effects of it ? That makes my skin crawl thinking of it drinking pee lol

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!