• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 CjBoomstick

CjBoomstick

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:02 PM

I literally don't own a vape pen at all. I just looked up how to make your own compound for putting in a vape pen, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a psilocybin or psilocin extract and combing with the glycerin and smoking it? Would that get you high? Thoughts?

#2 Jam"O"Shanter

Jam"O"Shanter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 04:05 AM

I literally don't own a vape pen at all. I just looked up how to make your own compound for putting in a vape pen, and I'm wondering if it would be possible to make a psilocybin or psilocin extract and combing with the glycerin and smoking it? Would that get you high? Thoughts?

Interesting ...ermm   All i have ever got from smoking shrooms is a mouth that tasted as if it was  full of sweaty socks and a light head as the effect , I think you would be better making DMT if you want to vape it

Then you will go to the cosmos :)

• Cue, Juthro and Tom19 like this

#3 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:26 AM

I'm split three ways, as far as where

this thread should/could be placed.

We will let it run here, for a bit, to see

who shares what they know about the topic.

I could see a few serious reasons

why I think it wouldn''t work, but

that's not doing you any good,

so I'll just keep my pie-hole shut,

until/unless I have something

constructive to add.

Carry on...

#4 CjBoomstick

CjBoomstick

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:38 AM

Thanks for the tolerance! Lol, I saw this sub forum and figured this was a good place to put it. And I've never done DMT, so I have no idea what form that comes in.

#5 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2015 - 10:47 AM

And I've never done DMT, so I have no idea what form that comes in.

Just a little reference reading HERE, if you're interested...

• Jam"O"Shanter likes this

#6 morfin-56

morfin-56

Mr. Miyagi

• Expired Member
  • 1,521 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

The melting point of psilocin is 345°f and the boiling point to vaporize it is even higher so it'd likely destroy it before it was really vaporized.
Not worth it IME.
  • TVCasualty, MycoDani, firerat and 2 others like this

#7 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:03 PM

I have heard that heat and uv light destroys the active ingredients, especially if they are not encapsulated in the cellulose of the mushroom body.

I have had freshly extracted psilocybin before and it was no better, IMO, than eating the shrooms. 

The chemist who made it said it had a shelf life of seconds, and had to be used immediately, also kept dark.

• kroki likes this

#8 sesamstrasse1312

sesamstrasse1312

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:37 AM

Despite that I may  :deadhorse: and that I do not have real data on this, I think it is very interesting; theoretically, if a fresh psilocin and/or psilocybin extract should work would be worth finding out since smoking DMT had such an impact onto the show and it even could do in the light of how much less of freebase is destroyed by vaborise nnDMT instead of smoke and burn it down. Imagine, you may be the famous discoverer of the "psilocin enhanced instant astral projection into space travel to distant galaxies" :tongue:

I can't even assume what happens to the psilocybin/psilocin molecules in freebase form when vaporized and how fast processes would take place if vaporized at any temperature since I do really have no data.

But, I'd like to say that there is still the future question left, if a growth medium for psilocybian fungi could enable such to biosynthesize other tryptamines that could possibly be candidates as vapor sources, like 4-HO-DET/-DPT and their phosphoryloxy counterparts, or even 4-HO-aMT, baeocystine, norbaeocystine, non-phosphoryl esters of methylated tryptamines and 5-substituted alkyl tryptamines. I cannot say if they or witch of them are auspicious candidates for all this assumptions. but it would be fun if...

(source: erowid.org/plants/mushroom/mushroom_article10.shtml)

... and hey, it would be quite hell of a great work to go on this goals! :cool:

Edited by sesamstrasse1312, 10 December 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#9 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:01 PM

Interesting ...ermm   All i have ever got from smoking shrooms is a mouth that tasted as if it was  full of sweaty socks and a light head as the effect , I think you would be better making DMT if you want to vape it

FYI: Smoking the mushrooms risks causing a serious lung infection (in case anyone reading this was thinking about trying it).

• Neptunechild and Jam"O"Shanter like this

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

The melting point of psilocin is 345°f and the boiling point to vaporize it is even higher so it'd likely destroy it before it was really vaporized.
Not worth it IME.

I had an interesting (and totally speculative) idea: What if psilocin (or psilocybin) could be vaporized under vacuum, possible allowing it to vaporize at a lower temperature?

Granted, when we took the hit off the vac chamber it would suck the air out of our lungs, so once vaporized under vacuum it would somehow have to be brought up to atmospheric pressure to consume it, but that would also cause the vapor to recondense. Granted, it's probably a dead-end but then again, "where there's a will, there's a way!"

Edited by TVCasualty, 14 December 2015 - 04:11 PM.

#11 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,454 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:33 AM

I wondered about using ultrasonic vapor - like the cool-mist humidifiers.

Or maybe a concentrated aqueous solution for nasal application.

Eye drops?

Trans-dermal patch?

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:13 PM

I wondered about using ultrasonic vapor - like the cool-mist humidifiers.

Or maybe a concentrated aqueous solution for nasal application.

Eye drops?

Trans-dermal patch?

Those were used in bars (in NYC, I think) for about a week before they got banned (for inhaling alcohol). Apparently you get shitfaced real quick that way, while risking a lung explosion (ugh...). Not a good choice for a commercial establishment, but probably works fine at home for occasional experimentation.

And an Everclear mushroom extract vaporized with an ultrasonic might just be out of this world...*

*might want to defat the tincture first if there's any lipids in it (even a very small amount, and I have no idea if there is or not). "Lipid pneumonia" is kinda nasty and best avoided!

• wharfrat likes this

#13 Jam"O"Shanter

Jam"O"Shanter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 10:53 AM

FYI: Smoking the mushrooms risks causing a serious lung infection (in case anyone reading this was thinking about trying it).

I smoked in a bong when i was a kid , but im sure the low quality hash i smoked back in those days done me more harm than the bowl of shrooms i puffed on..lol ..but thanks for the warning , but i had no intention of ever trying it again :)

#14 Jam"O"Shanter

Jam"O"Shanter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 11:02 AM

Thanks for the tolerance! Lol, I saw this sub forum and figured this was a good place to put it. And I've never done DMT, so I have no idea what form that comes in.

If you make base DMT it will form as crystals as the liquid lighter fuel evaporates  , those are vaped real easily with a weed vaporizer , only very small amount is needed , no more than a few tokes for a first timer ans you are away ..................Zo0m!

• coorsmikey and Neptunechild like this

#15 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,735 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

I smoked in a bong when i was a kid , but im sure the low quality hash i smoked back in those days done me more harm than the bowl of shrooms i puffed on..lol ..but thanks for the warning , but i had no intention of ever trying it again :)

Yeah, once isn't a problem (assuming it resulted no fungal infection in your lungs). But remember that the majority of the fruitbody of a mushroom consists of chitin (and spores are nearly 100% chitin). So it's like smoking shrimp shells, more or less.

I think I'd rather burn bong resin scrapings that shrimp shells (if I was forced to choose, that is; otherwise I'd go with neither, ugh..).

#16 treign

treign

Mycophage

• Gold VIP
  • 186 posts

Donator

Posted 05 January 2016 - 01:36 AM

I smoked some. it was very little like dust on a plate that was used for holding my smoke.

i knew it was in there.  i didnt think anything of it till now.  i felt like my lungs wanted to shut down thought.

idk if thats what did it, but it was the next morning.

ill be more careful about it now. glad i came across this thread, it may save someone else.

#17 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,434 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:01 AM

What if the molecule was manipulated slightly that it might be easier to vape?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

#18 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,502 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:22 PM

bump!

#19 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 649 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:37 PM

Namaste

Is this also reported with amanita muscaria? I've smoked it once and made a tea twice and was considering to smoke it again.

I can google it myself, but if you have any input I'd greatly appreciate it.

Greetings

#20 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 8,502 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:41 PM

I had a woman tell me that she smoked them and got tore up from the floor up. She was a brainy type too, not one to lie I imagine.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!