• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Ovoideocystidiata

Ovoideocystidiata

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

is there any truth to "project monarch" or is it just propaganda?

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:01 PM

How would we tell the difference?

In cases like that, I check my Chaos Theory Magic 8-Ball and it says "some will try such things, but they won't be able to predict (much less control) what happens as a result."

Since the whole purpose of "mind control" is control, any method that produces fundamentally-unpredictable outcomes will fail and sooner or later be abandoned. And that would include all methods that attempt to control other people's minds to the degree that the phrase "mind control" generally implies in common usage.

The most-effective form of it that anyone has managed to create (as far as I can tell) seems to be the installation of government agents inside our heads. The resulting paranoia, anxiety, and sense of powerlessness that letting them live in there induces (it's a choice!) leaves many people virtually paralyzed by fear and all too happy to sit on their own hands for most if not all of their lives (as if by avoiding conflict they're going to live forever or something).

But "most effective" is relative because at some point people get sick of being 'noid and cowering from threats lurking in the shadows (real or imagined) and evict those unwelcome squatters and when that happens, cities tend to burn. Gotta watch those "hidden variables" and remember that "blowback's a bitch."

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#3 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,961 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

There was/is a project monarch, what it did, or did not do, accomplish,  or most verifiable details are hazy at best.

https://en.wikipedia...Project_MKUltra

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,031 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 06:29 PM

The next most effective form of mind control is: Marketing.

For example, just the picture, or more correctly "sigil" of a yellow arched "M" on a red background makes millions start to salivate.
  • Myc likes this

#5 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,915 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:40 PM

The next most effective form of mind control is: Marketing.

For example, just the picture, or more correctly "sigil" of a yellow arched "M" on a red background makes millions start to salivate.

Or barf.

• cap'n cube, coorsmikey and Juthro like this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,031 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:56 PM

Alder, yes you or I would barf at the thought, but that's because we have eaten produce we have grown with our own hands and sweat. We know what a damn tomato is supposed to taste and feel like in our mouths...not that pink tasteless nitrogen oxide gassed packing peanut they sell in the stores...

But you know people who would rather eat a Big Mac rather than one if your gorgeous Shitake's fried up in real butter, or real bacon grease.... Their minds are controlled.

Now I'm craving one of those pizza sized Shitake's!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 05 November 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#7 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:30 PM

yes I want a shiitake with an order of milk

#8 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,897 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 09:31 PM

I'm not saying he's a great guy

Not even necessarily promoting his agenda......

But I learned some neato things about symbolism on YouTube.

Anyone with a couple of hours to burn might check out a fella named Mark Passio

He brings some interesting nuggets to the table when it comes to symbols, their history, and their current proliferation in society.

Just sayin'

As for "project monarch" - I have no proof but wouldn't be in the least bit surprised to find that it has some truth.

My intelligent mind simply does not allow me to believe that all of the horrific experiments performed on political prisoners were moth-balled and forgotten after Germany surrendered and the war was (officially) declared "ended".

Wasn't there some mad scramble among the "super power" nations to snatch and grab up all the scientists and research they could lay hands on?

But then again.......maybe I'm just cynical and narrow minded. Surely those guys were weaving baskets and breeding cuter, fluffier, bunnies.........right?

If they've developed a better butterfly as a result of the project, I might like to see a photo sometime even though I'm not a fan of GMOs. (lol)

• Juthro likes this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,915 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:15 PM

The WWII Japanese military-industrial-security state conducted research on Chinese civilians that would have made even Joseph Mengele proud.  After the surrender, our spooks learned some of the gory details, and were not disinterested.  So, where were the war crimes trials for Japan?  Well, let's make a deal. 

The Japanese were allowed off the hook in exchange for giving the Red, White, and Blue, heroes the results of their research. 

#10 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:35 PM

Dr. Colin Ross has done extensive research on MKUltra's 'Bluebird' and 'Artichoke' and trauma-based mind control in general. I can't remember what he may have on 'Monarch' but his research may be a good jumping off point.

The most-effective form of it that anyone has managed to create (as far as I can tell) seems to be the installation of government agents inside our heads. The resulting paranoia, anxiety, and sense of powerlessness that letting them live in there induces (it's a choice!) leaves many people virtually paralyzed by fear and all too happy to sit on their own hands for most if not all of their lives (as if by avoiding conflict they're going to live forever or something).

Setting aside the major aspect of blackmail, going back to, at least Jeremy Bentham's Panopticon, this describes the surveillance state very well. The idea that the state benefits from it's 'citizens' knowing about the omnipresent, omniscient surveillance state also goes some way towards explaining why some alleged whistleblowers never mention the most nefarious aspects of the surveillance state and only stick to the details of the fact that it exists.

I'm not saying he's a great guy

Not even necessarily promoting his agenda......

But I learned some neato things about symbolism on YouTube.

Anyone with a couple of hours to burn might check out a fella named Mark Passio

He brings some interesting nuggets to the table when it comes to symbols, their history, and their current proliferation in society.

Interesting Myc. I've given Passio more than a few moments - he's a colleague of some colleagues. He does have a few interesting nuggets but man is there a lot of noise with that signal.

The WWII Japanese military-industrial-security state conducted research on Chinese civilians that would have made even Joseph Mengele proud.  After the surrender, our spooks learned some of the gory details, and were not disinterested.  So, where were the war crimes trials for Japan?  Well, let's make a deal. 

The Japanese were allowed off the hook in exchange for giving the Red, White, and Blue, heroes the results of their research. 

Between the Japanese and German experiments, the U.S. covert ops grew by leaps and bounds. Not to mention the multiculturalism of all the new University Professors brought over after the war. To the victor go the spoils

• Myc likes this

#11 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,897 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:51 PM

To clarify on the Mark Passio stuff

I would steer you toward the "Demystifying the Occult" series.

I haven't seriously considered any of his other content. Watch and consider at your own risk. ;)

#12 Ovoideocystidiata

Ovoideocystidiata

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 370 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 10:53 PM

it is funny how the predominant language, in north america is english, they must be a lot smarter than anyone else who has tried to take over the world. 

#13 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 11,704 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:45 AM

it is funny how the predominant language, in north america is english, they must be a lot smarter than anyone else who has tried to take over the world. 

Or maybe England just happened to be the nation that ended up in the position to do so thanks to an inscrutably-complex confluence of many, many factors that played out over the course of the last thousand years (or longer)?

Attributing cause/effect relationships like that is pretty tricky, at best. It's all connected (as the saying goes), so attributing causality seems to largely be a function of deciding which connections to focus on and which to ignore, which is kind of arbitrary. 

For example, it was the case for decades that the maximum size of our spy satellites was limited to a very specific set of dimensions that were dictated by the wheelbase of chariots in the Roman Empire.

The chariots had a standardized wheelbase so everyone's chariot would fit into the wheel ruts in the roads (imagine riding a non-standard chariot before the age of shock absorbers, ouch...). That in turn determined the width of the roads they built, which they built all over what became Europe. When trains were invented, the tracks were initially laid in those old Roman road beds (easier than widening them!). Granted, there are several track gauges in use today (as well as in the past) but this is how the "standard" gauge was determined.

Like chariots, trains had to have a standardized track width (gauge) and as a result American trains adopted the same gauge that was used in Europe (which sure made using imported train engines easier!). Those dimensions dictated the size of the trains, and the train dimensions in turn dictated the size of the tunnels that had to be dug to accommodate them. And the less digging, the better so they were usually a pretty tight fit for the trains.

The rocket boosters for the Space Shuttle were made in Colorado, and were shipped by train to Florida for launches. On the way, they passed through a few tunnels and so they obviously had to be sized to fit through them. The size limit of the boosters determines the size limit of the launch vehicle, and the size of the vehicle determines the maximum size and/or weight of the payload.

I bet the ancient Roman chariot-maker who first came up with standardizing the wheelbase of all Roman chariots would not have considered himself an aerospace engineer, yet over 2000 years later his contribution to the field is still significant and tangible.

Frankly, a 2000-year long cause/effect relationship like that is mere child's play, but I'll spare y'all the story about how the sea level of 65 million years ago was directly connected to rural voting patterns in the Southeast during the 2008 Presidential Election. If anyone is interested in that one, here's a handy link with a synopsis: http://amptoons.com/.../the-long-tail/

• Alder Logs likes this

#14 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 13,915 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

And then we come to sea containers that fit on the train cars and go through the tunnels, and the big ships that carry these, most of them, 13 containers wide.  That's how many can be crammed, side by side, through the Panama Canal, with inches to spare, either side.  This canal sets the width of most big new ships, known as, "Panamax."  They would love to be building bigger ships, but have to weigh this limitation.  Around the Horn still lacks appeal to mariners and their bosses.

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 November 2015 - 12:13 PM.

• TVCasualty likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!