27 replies to this topic

#21 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,380 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

I am about halfway through Worlds in Collision.

Thus far the author has not lost me and I've noticed some really interesting things which tie into my own research on the subject of the global history of mankind. 

I would like to point to some of the seeming coincidences. In the interest of brevity and ease of review, I'm trying to keep this short. 

Coincidence #1 - The Deucalion Flood - Noah was told in a dream by "angels" to build an ark.

Coincidence #2 - The Exodous - Moses seemed always to be in just the right place at exactly the right time.

Coincidence #3 - Destruction of Jerico - Again.......exactly the right place at exactly the right time.

Coincidence #4 - Destruction of Sodom and Gommorah - Again........Lot and family guided by angels

Coincidence #5 - The arrival of Cortez in MesoAmerica - Perfect timing for alignment with native prophesy

And on and on and on..........

Does anyone else see the statistical improbability that all of these "Coincidences" are all just that - coincidences? 

Given that these events (global disasters) occur on a cyclical basis as recognized by many peoples in history, does it not make sense that (perhaps) we are being watched by technologically superior beings who dress-up as "angels" or "messengers" and deliver periodic cues to select individuals in order to serve their own ends?

Perhaps one could think of the arrival of Cortez as a willful insertion. That his presence was somehow guided/aided toward the the destruction of the Aztecs by facilitating his arrival to the continent at just the perfect time in order to exploit the greatest possible chance of "success". 

The same could be said of the Hebrews and their Exodous from Egypt - pretty much the whole damn story relies upon a system of near perfect timing (being in exactly the right place at precisely the correct moment). 

Just taking note and wondering.........

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#22 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for bumping the thread.

The examples were of survivors and victors; a limited group who write the history.  Whether the destruction was of war or cosmic catastrophe, the non-survivors and vanquished powers were selected out of the information pool.   They could have said they were guided by a hunch.  If the hunch was wrong, they weren't around to write or pass down any history. 

I, myself, think of "cyclic" in terms of regular cycles, and the record of cosmic catastrophe seems anything but regular, at least in terms of calendar timing.   In Velikovsky, there were two big shake-ups 52 years apart, 3500 years ago (and even the days in a year changed along the way--whether by way of a variance in orbits or rotation rates) in other source materials, these two were following the flood, dated by Solon, Plato, and Edgar Cayce at 10,000 BCE.  Around 2,700 years ago, there was a temporary 15 year cycle of perturbations and catastrophes associated with Mars, resultant from the earlier 52 year cycle of Venus/Typhon upheavals.  Since then, we have enjoyed relief from interplanetary upsets, preferring socio-political catastrophes, where that's the only game in town.  Whether Nibiru/Planet X is on its way back to show us there is a cycle we've been missing, I don't know.  

So, in the universe at large, and the solar system locally, cyclic ages are to me not a proven.   What I see in the record is spastic at best, in the wider view.   It seems, there is no clockwork universe, when we need periodically to reset our clockworks, only to forget we have had to do this repeatedly.   It's best to stay flexible and be ready to either have your line ended, or advance the next theory of history, as its next survivor, telling it to your progeny in the terms only you will understand.    Tell the kids, It was a feathered serpent, honest!

Edited by Alder Logs, 23 April 2017 - 10:56 AM.

• Myc likes this

#23 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

I think we have both, cyclic and random.

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

And the cycles change somewhat randomly, and somewhat predictably.  It's all in a blip in the spectrum of time.  Things spin faster as you near the center of the vortex.  If you stay in the vortex, you will move in relation to that center.  You will spin on more than one axis, and surrounding strata will be pulling you one way and another.  It seems that way to me, way out on this particular arm, at this particular distance from galactic center.  The local news will always fill the headlines.

#25 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 April 2017 - 06:47 PM

Myc, with respect to the "angels", I assume you are aware of Solomon's "Keys" and ritual magick whereby angelic entities (Raphael, Gabriel, Michael, Azrael,and Metatron) are called forth.

There are many who claim to have seen and talked to these 5 and others, even today.

Who knows?

#26 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,380 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Myc, with respect to the "angels", I assume you are aware of Solomon's "Keys" and ritual magick whereby angelic entities (Raphael, Gabriel, Michael, Azrael,and Metatron) are called forth.

There are many who claim to have seen and talked to these 5 and others, even today.

Who knows?

I am aware of ritual magic at a cursory level but I tend to think of it more in terms of "quantum physics". 

The process of calling on the names of "God" or the "angels" is discussed in "The Poetics of Ascent - Theories of Language in a Rabbinic Ascent Text" by Naomi Janowitz. The book is rather chewy for its size and I haven't managed to finish reading as of yet. 

I also possess copies of "The Essene Gospel of Peace" - Books I - IV along with "The Essene Science of Fasting". 

"The Moses Code" - James F. Twyman - discusses some of Moses' experiences (pre-Exodous leading up to the Exodous, etc.)

"The Lost Gospel Q - The Original Sayings of Jesus"  - claims to be the first Gospel

"Apocalypes of Baruch and the Assumption of Moses" - supposedly written in 70 AD. 

"The Bible Jesus Read" - Philip Yancey

I've been on a bit of an investigative mission for the past several years. 

Lots of stuff didn't make the cut when the Bible was being quilted together. After all of these texts were outlawed and slated for immediate destruction upon discovery by the Roman Catholic Church - it's a blind wonder any of them still exist. 

So to relate this to the Velikovsky hypothesis.......

It's very dangerous to find yourself in opposition to the established paradigm if you enjoy the ease and comfort of our modernized world. 

• jkdeth likes this

#27 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 721 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 09:45 AM

Ritual Magic is very powerful tool for control of the masses. Most popular form is called Catholicism.

#28 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,691 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:37 AM

This recent thread of discussion brought me to mind of this post by SPS in Pears of Wisdom.   Are we to be advanced only by what we know?  What do we truly know of what we know?   Where will our cleverness lead us? 

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!