#1 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:30 PM

I helped a neighbor this morning and got some insight and answers and fear.

I took a neighbor to a DR. as he had no way to get there.

A short time later he told me he opened one of my packages and knew I was cool.
I suspected this happened asd my wife remembers. I acted cool and went to another subject
he was so opiated he forgot the questions he asked me , which were NO.

I am in some fear, he asked me if I was a grower , mentioned mushrooms and so on.

I am glad I helped. Funny how this can help us. This simple interaction has helped me.

• wharfrat and happy4nic8r like this

#2 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,091 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2015 - 03:33 PM

Karma points for you HS. It's good to help people where and when you can.

But be careful my friend.
  • Heirloom likes this

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

Juthro , yea I got missing  items from years ago. He revealed he has a space to grown in or was growing
wanted me to take a look , I declined.. I have had him over here 5 times today once since I posted .

I am glad I helped, would of done it for free, I accepted no cash or anything but the universe paid me by  giving me info through the person I helped,
that can help me to live free.

Any suggestions welcome

• Juthro likes this

#4 meyer

meyer

Its better to burn out, than fade away...

• Expired Member
  • 1,019 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2015 - 05:22 PM

How did he open one of your packages? Was it a Miss delivery?

My best suggestion would be not to rake any leaves onto his yard and obviously never discuss any of this with him again and never do him a solid if he asks...

When I was living in AZ i had an issue, with an illegal search and seizure by the 50, next day neighbor is asking me if I can hook him up, i told him I had no idea what he was talking about, after that the issue was squashed.

I would also say the package was a suprise from an old friend if he asks and that you aren't into that shit anymore, too old now.

That's my $0.02. Be safe and happy holidays heirloom, you are a good soul and it sounds like you have nothing to worry about.
  • Myc, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#5 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2015 - 06:23 PM

Just be careful man.

No good deed goes un-punished.

• coorsmikey, AGAMA, Juthro and 3 others like this

#6 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

Hippiecritical

• App Administrator
  • 4,523 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

I feel it's better to face your fears. Also keep your friends close and your enemies closer. He hasn't turned you in yet and has probably waited this long to present his presumption to you. I would be like "hell yeah, I'll help you out" " you could totally grow some killer oysters in your space". Simply show him how much you love growing and mycology. "Oh actives?" I gave those up years ago but if you want an oyster culture I can help you out. I got past actives and my wife threatened to leave me if I didn't stop. Then ask him wtf why was he opening your packages? And tell him how you would never do that to a neighbor. Then I would share some oysters with him like peeps share zucchini in the summer.
  • Juthro, Heirloom , happy4nic8r and 2 others like this

#7 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 09:04 AM

He just opened it like it was his, one was sloppy taped shut where he tore the cardboard. He brought up weed, mushrooms, coke and poppies, to which I had nothing to say.

I deny growing , he probably doesn't remember after taking clonapin? opiates and drinking vodka, or thinking how stupid he was .
I will just play it cool and can't hook him up.

I should get a po box though. I will get past this ok . I imagine others have had similar problems and got through it.

#8 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:12 AM

to end this I want to say my neighbor told me he had 30 guns, to get an idea of who he is I should mention he is Branded
self brands, like a # 8 so deep it had to do muscle damage, lots of brands.. I know he has an emotional problem
 he expected me to come over and hang out , but I told him I needed my nap.

On the sad side the amount of meds he is taking will kill him along with drinking  with his street drugs, I believe he is a meth user too.

I don't believe I can save his life , best to avoid, but I know I will be safe when he destroys himself , won't take long.

What does that say about me as a person? Selfish for my security? My life is more important? I don't value life,
Am I a coward,selfish to preserve my life at the cost of another ?

What would you do?

I will grow some oysters, potabellas and others  to divert attention and enjoy.

#9 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:40 AM

I feel I can solve my fears by talking drug treatment , solves my problems , that's the stay away phrase for most.
For some it might help , the rest are on there own.  I feel this resolves my angst.

still any input might help me

edit - I did get the name of a dr with a loose prescription pad. I would take a prescription for thc pills, strictly for experimental purposes.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 23 December 2015 - 11:51 AM.

• meyer likes this

#10 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 11:55 AM

I view it as "playing the hand I was dealt".

We all have choices. He's made some tragically bad ones. Actions - Consequences. None of us can avoid the responsibility of choice (or one can do so at one's own peril).

If people could be "saved" - we could overnight, single-handed-ly destroy > religion, psychiatry, psychotherapy, treatment centers, etc.

People are scared of their choices. It's easier to lay blame for calamity than to accept responsibility. Folks seem to be fundamentally lazy in the personal recognizance department. In my opinion, he is looking for some companionship while he rides the descending spiral of self-destruction. Misery loves company.

I've met these folks time and again - and I've left them standing by the side of the road.

At the end of the day, it's a personal journey. I AM responsible for my own "happiness". No need adopting the miseries of others as they struggle with their own choices.

Sounds like Neighbor is tied up seeking to continue his chemical fueled destruction - (i.e. talking to you about 'shrooms, poppies, etc.) It's a spiral. Let him destroy himself. I feel that if we miss the point, we get to come back and do it again and again until we "get it".

Put is this way.........

If you and I were lucky enough to meet on the street today, I'm not going to be interested in what you're holding in your pocket or what you might have to offer me in the way of comfort. I'm comfortable on my own. If I talk about drugs, it's likely to invite you to a bowl of some wonderful flowers - gratis. I have very strong opinions about those who would ask a relative stranger (neighbor or not) to risk their personal freedom.

If he asked you so readily, what keeps him from spouting out at the grocery store? Who is to stop him from blabbing next time he's in his cups and mouthing-off behind the liquor store with his "buddies" - ( I know a guy who grows 'shrooms - I opened his mail ) 

People are fucked-up and dangerous. IMO

A good way to help him (or run him off) is to make sure you've always got a project going. When he comes around, put him to work. (composting, tilling, hauling, digging, splitting wood......) He'll quit coming around quick when it turns into real, meditative hard work. Or he may become "teachable" and engage in the process. It is during these times when the hopeless addict is most easily reached. While his conscious mind is occupied with "labor" and cannot formulate excuses, he is open to suggestion. If you really want to help him - work his ass off.

• riseabovethought and Heirloom like this

#11 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 11,734 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:10 PM

This should help hollow out any notions about how complete anything we might call, "free will," actually is.  Very little of moment to moment life allows our intentions to reach far in any outward direction.  It will always come back to our internal landscape where we have our work or insight.  That outer world might only be here to give us needed opportunities for discovering what we are and why we are here.  

• Myc and Heirloom like this

#12 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:23 PM

I deny growing , he probably doesn't remember after taking clonapin? opiates and drinking vodka, or thinking how stupid he was .

Just mixing benzos and opiates or opioids can be (and often is) fatal, and adding alcohol to the mix only makes it more likely. So if he keeps that up, it won't be long.

It might be worth taking an informational approach, e.g. handing him some links written on paper (you don't want to exchange emails) to things like the Johns Hopkins and UCLA studies about psilocybin, as well as stuff like the following:

http://healthland.ti...cancer-anxiety/

http://www.pharmaceu...0066899.article

http://reset.me/stor...cco-addictions/

http://www.livescien...-addiction.html

Unless he truly wants to get his shit together, he won't like the implications of what you're directing him to (namely that your interest in such things is due to their ability to help people sober up). If you spin it right, he may start thinking of you as the psychedelic equivalent of one of those door-to-door proselytizers for Jesus and stop engaging. 

Heck, you could go all the way and "find religion" (and hook him up big-time... with a free Bible). He'll know the party is definitely over at your house, lol.

In any case I'd do a twice-through (once never seems to be enough) of your house and consolidate your awkward items in such a way that it would not take you more than a few minutes to gather them up and remove them from your dwelling, even if that means dropping them into a pre-dug hole outside (then filling it and putting a potted plant or something over the dirt).

And this thread just inspired a funny trip down memory lane involving a house search by police: A friend of mine learned the "consolidate your shit!" lesson the scary way (which I took to heart since I prefer to learn things the not-scary way) when someone claimed he stole some of their property. Which he hadn't, but he strongly resembled the police sketch of who supposedly did. The cops came to his door but he wasn't home (his girlfriend was, though). She's smart and didn't let them in (plus the bright light with the plants under it in their closet made it an easy call). They said fine, they'd wait for a warrant and went back to sit in their car, which was parked in front of my friends' house.

She spent the next hour making three trips out of the house on her bicycle with her pants and jacket stuffed with crap like empty baggies with seeds and shake, rolling papers and roaches, some bongs and pipes, etc. Apparently they assumed she couldn't make off with any evidence on a bike. While she was doing that, a VERY good friend slipped in the back door and then left the same way with the then-shredded plants and the light in a big duffel bag (good thing it was a small, primitive grow-op). It blew her mind (and induced near-panic) as she realized how much crap they had scattered around the house in random drawers and under the couch and all the rest. 

When the warrant arrived and the cops attempted to enter, she made them stand there while she slooooowly read the whole thing, finally bursting into gut-busting laughter when she read what they were looking for: Women's panties! I shit you not.

The panties in question had supposedly been stolen from a cheerleader (at a Summer "camp" for High School cheerleaders) being held at the university where my friend was working on his PhD in Mathematics. The university let them stay in the student dorms which is where the theft allegedly took place. When asked for a description of who the "victim" thought did it, it ended up being "a tall guy with long hair, a short beard, and Jesus-sandals" (that was literally her descripton, as reported). Well, that describes a hell of a lot of Math, Physics and Psychology Professors and grad students (among other disciplines), so it was really just about getting inside my friend's house to take a peek since they lived in a part of town notorious for partying (it was in a hyper-conservative town down South).

And the funniest irony was that the cops didn't find ANY women's panties in their house at all since his girlfriend was a competitive triathlete and only wore what looked like swimwear (bikini-style bottoms but more robust so they don't fall off) or lycra cycling shorts as "underwear." So I'm glad to report it had a happy ending, and much was learned by all.

"This one time, at Cheerleading Camp..." :tongue:

Edited by TVCasualty, 23 December 2015 - 01:30 PM.

• Myc, prof_it_e, riseabovethought and 3 others like this

#13 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,487 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:46 PM

I had a neighbor who recently told me about opening one of my packages, then............

We got to talking some more and I finally came up with the all important question, "why didn't you try and put the package in my box, or take it to my house.

It turned into a semi reasonable story about how he tried to find my house, the address wasn't complete, excuses ad nauseum.

I reported it to the post office, only thing to do besides note a neighbor who will do shit like that.

I don't think there was anything more than principles involved in this package, but those of opening other peoples shit cuts pretty deep with me.

• Myc, Heirloom and meyer like this

#14 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thanks ,I feel a little better. All's quiet no uninvited visitors.

• Juthro and meyer like this

#15 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 6,091 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:39 PM

I have had him over here 5 times today once since I posted .

^^This here makes me shudder..^^

That's more visits then I have had here in the last two years, and NONE of the ones I did have were uninvited. My hermit home, at the end of the road to nowhere, is my sanctuary. When I want company, I go to them.

I still say helping where and when you can is a good thing, and it shows you have compassion for your fellow man. Kudos to you for that.

But that doesn't mean that this guy is a friend, or even that he can be trusted. I guess I am just saying, keep yourself safe brother.

People that are that self destructive are a liability. He can guess all he wants, but don't tell him anything. The next time he gets out there on a bender he might spill his guts to the wrong people, and not even remember doing it when (or if) he sobers up.
  • TVCasualty, Myc, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#16 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,570 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

Thanks for all the support and advise. I now realize that I am not responsible for another
persons choices and I should not feel any guilt.

Yea he can not keep his mouth shut , he told me his coke dealer lived up the street, says a lot about him. 
He was going to grow weed in his yard this year  he has several grow tents..ect.

I saw his wife this morning and she avoided eye contact. she probably read him the riot act, she is much smarter and in control of her self. In 5 years year's we only waved said hi went our separate ways until the other day.

There is the saying " no good deed goes unpunished" I  have a feeling its not going to be a problem.

My home is a sanctuary also, where seek peace and safety from the world. Every mans home his castle.

I believe its in my best interest to get a P.O Box though. I will be careful.

Peace to everyone

• meyer likes this

#17 meyer

meyer

Its better to burn out, than fade away...

• Expired Member
  • 1,019 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:16 PM

I like that idea, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you heirloom, you deserve it!
  • Heirloom likes this

#18 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,796 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 December 2015 - 02:50 PM

post-102948-0-55965600-1451159403.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• 640.jpg

• Watershed likes this