Fisana

- - - - -

Outdoor Cubensis Project

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 23 June 2006 - 04:42 PM

Here are some outside pics from today. Nothing exciting going on with the boxes or the sled. :( Patience patience.....hopefully in a few days. I'm thinking I might tent the boxes loosely with something, I'll give em two full weeks though before I do that.

The pics of the cake are an experimental cake I did a while back. It was made with cocoa wheats and verm, inoculated on two sides with PF Albino lc clone, and two sides with PF Redspore. It was all just for fun so those are pics from that cake, its outside too in its little home. It has a cover as well to keep humidity up more as the straw doesn't keep it high enough, the straw on top is mainly for watering purposes. I'm going to clone the albino looking one to see what happens I think.

The other pics are outside stuff from the lawn. I didn't ID any of them, but I know the Pan Foe's, at least I'm pretty confident of the Pan Foe's.
So, since this is photo gallery, enjoy the pics, and hopefully we'll get some box shots of fruits soon!
:)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0479.JPG
  • IMG_0481.JPG
  • IMG_0482.JPG
  • IMG_0503.JPG
  • IMG_0494.JPG
  • IMG_0495.JPG
  • IMG_0492.JPG
  • IMG_0489.JPG
  • IMG_0490.JPG
  • IMG_0488.JPG

#22 MrChen

MrChen

Rocky Mountain High

• Expired Member
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:21 PM

:kewl:

#23 tbonus

tbonus

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:31 PM

BEST o luck freaky, Youve shur helped me on my venture!lol!

#24 spacecake

spacecake

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 4,563 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2006 - 05:51 PM

Good luck Freakachino !

I have never seen these strains growing outdoors ! nice... :teeth:

#25 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:15 PM

:) Thanks, you're all so kind :rasta:

Tbonus, I hope your stuff turns out great!

Spacecake, I lost my field guide :eusa_doh:
so I can't id em. I love the lawn shrooms, think I'm gonna take a quick walk out to the woods and see whats poppin' up out there too. I love the outdoors :)

#26 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:31 PM

Yup. Looks like a Foe in that one pick Freaky. I think I love that camera as much as you do....great pics!!!!:dance: That albino is lookin cool too. A clone might be interesting. It looks as tho it has a brownish tinge to it. Enjoy your walk ;)

#27 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 June 2006 - 06:32 PM

Enjoy your walk!

Cool update, by the way.

Mondo positivo good pinset vibes coming your way!!!

#28 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 12 July 2006 - 09:59 AM

Found some nice PE's in my boxes (which were moved on me, etc.). Now I can surely see I had a verticillium issue with my indoor PE's.

These came from the F isolation box, the C isolation box is pinning also.

It was raining so I didn't take pics of the boxes because I love my camera too much to take it out in the rain.

Going back today to hopefully get some pics of them though. The PF Albino box suffered a death of sorts so I'm not expecting anything from that. I can't find the sled either, so hope that is growing well.

These PE's are amazing, I can't believe the stem on the one! These Penii sure give a girl some dirty thoughts lol.

Also, I found it interesting the F isolation held on to that flower cap.

Enjoy the pics!

#29 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:18 AM

Damn Dial Up.........:eusa_doh: hope these pics upload now :laser:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1209a.JPG
  • IMG_1207a.JPG
  • IMG_1206a.JPG

#30 Foster

Foster

cyanophile

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,254 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:31 AM

nice! and as u said Patience! im watin and waitin. i would love to noc up about 1/2 acre with those!hehe. hey FReak, i've seen plent of your outdoor stuuff, can you tell me , is it easy to over water in containers? will it suffocate the myc? in all my out brazil plots, the myc has disapeared leaving the mushy grains bare and no furthe growth. the PF is jus rippin thru casin and subsr8. but it poured rain on it 2 days after settin up. will it hurt? help? anyway keep up the great outdoor stuff. I LOVE IT! BTW freak, if ur a female, I think i love ya! lol, oh hell, even if you aint. i still love ya! lol peace pFost

#31 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 10:52 AM

thanks freaky for the inspiration. :bow:
i realized after you made this thread how great the summer can be. :)
all of my projects are now outdoor experiments. the other night i checked and caught a beetle chewing a hole in one of the caps, and a slug sliding up the stem. i guess everyone loves mushies!

#32 Milton Waddams

Milton Waddams

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 116 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 12:55 PM

awesome man, that definately inspires me to finally try an outdoor grow. Just wondering, did you have any problems with contam, particularly green mold?

#33 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 03:10 PM

if i may add little somenthing to this very cool thread :D

Attached Thumbnails

• 13.jpg
  • 14.jpg
  • 12.jpg
  • 10.jpg
  • 11.jpg
  • 9.jpg
  • 7.jpg
  • 8.jpg
  • 6.jpg
  • 4.jpg
  • 5.jpg
  • 3.jpg
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

#34 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 12 July 2006 - 05:04 PM

Holy cow! Those are nice Freaky and Barn!!! :kewl:

#35 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 12 July 2006 - 07:56 PM

i love growing cubensis outdoors. Its so rewarding in the respects that i cannot see the progress per se. A week after planting the bed usually some nice fat fruits pop up that are obviously different from the indoor fruits. Its a beautiful thing.

#36 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 12 July 2006 - 11:07 PM

Glad you all enjoy the outdoor projects. And there is nothing like leaving it up to mother nature.

PFoster, if they are in containers, you'll just want to make sure there is some sort of way for water to drain out of the container. The mycelium should recover, I try to keep my stuff from getting pounded on by the rain. Under trees provides good protection, but allows nice droplets to fall to moisten the mycelium.
And yes, Ima girl. A fun-gal :)

F-Barn...........now thats a nice looking outdoor patch! I love it!!!!!!!! Your pics make me :eusa_droo Share all you want in my thread!

Milton, I haven't noticed any contam problems with the boxes. I find contams to be pretty much non-existent outside for me. That is one of the bonuses of outside. This strain had a verticillium infection indoors and as you can see, they are not gnarly at all outdoors.

I've got some shots of the boxes I'll try to get up tomorrow or so.

#37 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:01 AM

Yeah Freaka...I wanna see the box shots...nice meaty mush u grew there...
In two days my patches recieved 9 inches of rain and they loved it..so i wouldn't worry about storms if u have good drainage...[Unless it hails heh..]

#38 the_chosen_one

the_chosen_one

electro gypsy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 8,113 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:33 PM

:D........:eusa_thin ......nah I wont do it Freaky :lol: :nana:

Oh btw *archive material*

#39 anticheffy

anticheffy

Nice to be back in the air !

• OG VIP
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

your work is allways so cool Freaky !! love it

#40 Guest_freakachino_*

Guest_freakachino_*

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:25 AM

Here are the box shots from a couple days ago. I'm hoping to get back to them soon for a visit and to see how they are growing. Its been warm and super humid after a good couple days rain so I hope they are nice.

I'm glad you all enjoy the work.

I'm also starting a new outdoor project and will try to take pics of how I do it again. No boxes this time, but maybe a couple different methods I've been wondering about doing outside. Also some Pan Cyans to try outdoors maybe. I don't have good luck with the Pans yet, but I will in the future when I can really concentrate on them.

The last picture is of Isolate C, the only one I never fruited indoors. The pins look good so I'm hoping they've grown up since the pics were taken.

:)

and well since dial up takes sooooooooooo long to upload the pictures and I have to wait, I'd just like to say thanks to all of my Mycotopia Family! I :heartbeat you all and it means a lot to me that Hippie provides this site for us to share this wonderful Magic. I hope soon to be able to make a kind donation to the site and to my fellow members, I think it'll make me feel better! :hippie: & :heart:

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1213a.JPG
  • IMG_1214a.JPG
  • IMG_1212a.JPG
  • IMG_1210a.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!