#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,404 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

Since the mid to late 1980s, I have been sent these cool hand-made mushroom Christmas Cards that are made from cardboard, colored construction papers, and mushroom photo images by the wife of my colleague and good friend, Dr. Tjakko Stijve.  

For those who are not familiar with Dr, Stijve was the head chemist for Nestles headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland.  He has written many articles in European journals and also several papers on the chemistry of several species of psilocybian mushrooms from Brazil, Australia, Thailand, Hawaii and several European countries.  His work at Nestles on these hallucinogenic fungi was an important contribution to the studies of all interested shroomers and his work has been mostly ignored by ethnomycologists and others who studied these interesting fungi.

In the past I have posted some of these cards here. 

It is hard to appreciate the craftsmanship his wife has in making scores of dozens of these cards which have overlapping layers of images on them so they are three-dimensional to the viewing when held in one's hands.

Here is the card his wife made for me.  And Tjakko is a great grand father as I am and his x-mas mailing list is huge so I am proud that as one of their many life-long friends, his wife takes the extra time to make one for me as well.  And maybe next x-mas I will post all the images of the cards from 1988 or so on.to 2015.

First image is of the front of the card and the 2nd is the inside of the card.  

Stijve-X-Mas-Card-Dec25-2016-1abc.jpg

Stijve-X-Mas-Card-Dec25-2016-2abc.jpg  

mjshroomer/man of knowledge

• Coopdog, Skywatcher, Seeker2be and 4 others like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• App Administrator
  • 4,587 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 January 2016 - 02:02 PM

Simply beautiful !