CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:13 AM

So here is where b+ grow will be deposited

Coupla notable points:

• Multi-spore (MS) syringe from unknown vendor (looks like spore depot, it was gifted)
  • 2 jars have mcDonalds straws (old heads know why mcD straws are better) cut and placed in center (dunking experiment when ready to birth)
  • BRF was just 2:1:1 (unlike most members, I'm not nearly as precise with field capacity)
  • some will birth off of cake, maybe a slurry per @tvcasualty 
  • obviously going to try to improve culture and isolate desirable genetics

DSC02005.JPG DSC02006.JPG DSC02007.JPG

Edited by catattack, 09 January 2016 - 10:16 AM.

• prof_it_e, DMD, Baphom3t and 6 others like this

#2 DMD

DMD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:03 PM

lookin good budday.

confused about you lids though...

-is the beige colored material for fae? if so, what material is it?

-looks like white rtv silicone for injection ports but i dont see it on 2 of the lids? so how were these nocc'ed?

-what is the black material all over the 1 jar?

-is myc growing on only 1 side of the cakes? or was it nocc'ed on all sides?

looking forward to the grow :)

• CatsAndBats likes this

#3 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 January 2016 - 04:13 PM

gimme a second. I got you @dmd

This bad boy is my latest and already obsolete (potentially obsolete, if the SHIP with GE built in make it past the testing phase), but it has the heavy duty red SHIP and a circular band aid siliconed on for GE (over pea sized hole):

DSC02013.JPG

Here's two with a homemade SHIP and band-aids for GE:

DSC02011.JPG

DSC02014.JPG

Here's the one you saw, it was a gorilla tape fix over a band aid after about 20 runs in the PC and/or dishwasher:

DSC02012.JPG

I do not use rtv silicone, I use bathroom silicone, which is rated up to much higher than the 250f it's getting in an autoclave/PC.

I always inoculate straight down the middle, I may have had to angle it past the straws though. 1 big squirt in the middle  ;)

Edited by catattack, 09 January 2016 - 04:44 PM.

• DMD, Baphom3t, Cigarsam and 1 other like this

#4 DMD

DMD

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 10:52 PM

dude that SHIP/GE lid is a badass idea. hope it works. and bandaids too? lol lots of good stuff ive never seen before.

great workmanship and experimentation.

1 big squirt in the middle  ;)

good man. this deserves a 'like' on its own lol. i give you a +2 in spirit, good vibes or sexiness.. you get to pick which one.

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 January 2016 - 07:39 AM

dude that SHIP/GE lid is a badass idea. hope it works. and bandaids too? lol lots of good stuff ive never seen before.

great workmanship and experimentation.

1 big squirt in the middle  ;)

good man. this deserves a 'like' on its own lol. i give you a +2 in spirit, good vibes or sexiness.. you get to pick which one.

There's a lot of great lid designs out there, if I'm not mistaken, Hippie3 was the one who invented the silicone SHIP for home cultivators. You should see some of the glass lids @pastafarian made, some sort of tempered glass with the GE/SHIP right in the middle! Great for agar work I imagine.

The GE/SHIP dual purpose, are from the internet

post-148703-0-46541600-1425044881.jpg

My lids just fit my needs is all, it really comes down to versatility and affordability, mine are cheap and can be used for all of my subs, agar, grain, BRF/PF, and I can stab the shit out of them repeatedly, we've established that I like that.

Edited by catattack, 10 January 2016 - 07:42 AM.

• DMD likes this

#6 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2016 - 06:16 PM

Check out the rhizo on this b+ MS!

DSC02024.JPG DSC02031.JPG

Especially this guy:

DSC02025.JPG

This is 6 days after original post, still giving them a flip every 2 days.

Edited by catattack, 15 January 2016 - 06:21 PM.

• Mycomaniac2007, Baphom3t, Soulocybin and 1 other like this

#7 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:43 AM

Here's how catattack DECs a cake! look at it colonizing the verm! This is 3 days after dunking and being placed in fruiting.

bplus cake.jpg

here's an old pe version:

pe.jpg

Here's the rest of b+ photos:

P1310056.JPG P1310053.JPG

same cake

Edited by catattack, 31 January 2016 - 09:44 AM.

#8 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

Last week I decided to give our sponsor a  try  with there Blue Moon syringes. I tried with 3 of the strains on my wish list, and they were all out of stock. then, this morning I tried looking for more 7 strains and all out of stock. So, I finally said "fuck it" and ordered 2 syringes of B+. Not really a strain that I wanted to blow $79.97 on though.

If anybody from ET is reading this could you please post about what strains are available, since that list seems to be shorter than your "out of stock" list. My friend had the same issue two weeks ago when ordering from you.

• Microbe and CatsAndBats like this

#9 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

Last week I decided to give our sponsor a  try  with there Blue Moon syringes. I tried with 3 of the strains on my wish list, and they were all out of stock. then, this morning I tried looking for more 7 strains and all out of stock. So, I finally said "fuck it" and ordered 2 syringes of B+. Not really a strain that I wanted to blow $79.97 on though.

If anybody from ET is reading this could you please post about what strains are available, since that list seems to be shorter than your "out of stock" list. My friend had the same issue two weeks ago when ordering from you.

this was a gift, I'll tell you what, it's aggressive as all hell. 

#10 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,307 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:00 PM

I've grown it several times. But, I would rather have had something that I haven't grown before to view.

#11 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:18 PM

I've grown it several times. But, I would rather have had something that I haven't grown before to view.

Ahhhhh, it's my first b+ grow.

#12 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,439 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 03:39 PM

Last week I decided to give our sponsor a try with there Blue Moon syringes. I tried with 3 of the strains on my wish list, and they were all out of stock. then, this morning I tried looking for more 7 strains and all out of stock. So, I finally said "fuck it" and ordered 2 syringes of B+. Not really a strain that I wanted to blow $79.97 on though.

Ahhhhh, it's my first b+ grow.
Gorilla nipples ;)
  • Cue and CatsAndBats like this

#13 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:40 PM

Well friends, here's a little update.

Pictured is the b+ brf cake with the hollow 'stipe' (I placed a straw through the middle of the cake pre-sterilization), fruiting in a lil dubtub.

DSC02115.JPG DSC02116.JPG

Here are the fruits that I promised from the begonia plant (@skunk), which I had dumped a spent slurry into:

DSC02111.JPG DSC02113.JPG DSC02114.JPG

Edited by catattack, 13 February 2016 - 09:44 PM.

• GadgetGuy, Baphom3t, peacefrog and 1 other like this

#14 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,639 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

Pictured is the b+ brf cake with the hollow 'stipe' (I placed a straw through the middle of the cake pre-sterilization), fruiting in a lil dubtub.

attachicon.gifDSC02115.JPGattachicon.gifDSC02116.JPG

Here are the fruits that I promised from the begonia plant (@skunk), which I had dumped a spent slurry into:

attachicon.gifDSC02111.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02113.JPGattachicon.gifDSC02114.JPG

Wow that is awesome. So I've got a fee plants that like the humid environment and grow in a bathroom so I could add some sent cakes into a mix and inoculate my rich compost soil. Fuck I'm just wrapping up my 3rd flush on those GTS so I'm so gunna have some experiments doing this... quality Cattattack! Happy just listed a similar experiment he's pulling with some p.Cyans in a tub with a fern growing in it. Wouldn't ever love to see this happen with my plants.

one a few of my pants I tend to lay a mulch over the soil (using straw or wood chips) This is said to keep the Micro heard happy with a TLO environment. I'm wondering if this might be an area for me to experiment with.

@Catattack what the purpose of the straw throgh the cake? Am I missing something important?

SkunK

Edit I'm out of liKes or you would have gotten one!

Edited by skunkbudda403, 13 February 2016 - 10:23 PM.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#15 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:42 PM

attachicon.gifDSC02115.JPGattachicon.gifDSC02116.JPG

attachicon.gifDSC02111.JPG attachicon.gifDSC02113.JPGattachicon.gifDSC02114.JPG

@Catattack what the purpose of the straw throgh the cake? Am I missing something important?

Oh I'm just playing with it, the goal (theoretical) being better/more h2o absorption when dunked. I weighed it and everything but then lost the info. They felt pretty heavy though. There is a minimum of science behind it... for now.   :biggrin:

You didn't miss anything important!

thanks btw!

Edited by catattack, 13 February 2016 - 10:44 PM.

#16 skunk

skunk

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,639 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

Very interesting non the less . The logic is there and seems would make more water avaliable to the center of the cakes when dunking.

Skunk
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#17 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:58 PM

So time for a mini update I guess.    

Here's my spent slurry fruits again:

DSC02127.JPG

Here's the cake in the mini dub tub a dub dub!

DSC02129.JPG

• prof_it_e, Baphom3t and skunk like this

#18 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:44 AM

post-147940-0-66115700-1455677807_thumb.

Some of the fruits look like PEs, does anybody else see that?

• Mycomaniac2007 likes this

#19 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,772 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:00 AM

The pic is quite small... Maybe they are aborting a bit.

#20 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:45 PM

Indeed, my FC is in 'stasis' (moving it), so I'm fruiting in boxes that are stacked and have a fan pulling air off of them, they look better than a couple of days ago though. Do they look like b+ ? I've never grown the killer Bs. Look like PE a lil.

I went back and double checked the three syringes that a friend gave me (more like loaned, as I will in turn give it back). Anywayyyy, Here they are all lined up:

DSC02136.JPG

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!