#61 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,450 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:35 PM

I have some APE, didnt realize it was albino. I never did anything with it yet, but i will.

Albino Penis Envy
I had a PE syringe that produced what i call TYC as that what is what they look like, however 1 flush was said to appear to be PE6 which is a PE crossed with a Texan(i think) and was told that the PE6 may have reverted back to the tyc. I was confused and really this is not a area i studied yet. But it makes sense to me that genetic mutations can revert back.

As far as APE, is it a true albino by definition of albinism or is APE mistaken to be a albino when actuality its loss in color pigment is a result of leucism?

Leucism is the "fill in the blank word" said above.

If APE a were true albino, im certain it would produce white spores or very light colored almost complete pigment loss. Well im not certain obviously but in the future i want to be able to say with certainty that APE is a albino and be accurate.

None the less its a white mushroom and the answer isnt important other then for my own knowledge.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#62 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,450 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2016 - 05:37 PM

IME you can get serious about growing and just use spores.
For the last couple of years all of my grows have been from MS.

I have space constraints

This is all the space that I have to grow in.
attachicon.gifIMG_0462.JPG
Are those ultra sonics? If so have you had any issues installing them directly in your gh? If they are cool most, disregard.

#63 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

I'M AGAR RIIIIIIIICK!

• OG VIP
  • 12,193 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

I have some APE, didnt realize it was albino. I never did anything with it yet, but i will.

Albino Penis Envy
I had a PE syringe that produced what i call TYC as that what is what they look like, however 1 flush was said to appear to be PE6 which is a PE crossed with a Texan(i think) and was told that the PE6 may have reverted back to the tyc. I was confused and really this is not a area i studied yet. But it makes sense to me that genetic mutations can revert back.

As far as APE, is it a true albino by definition of albinism or is APE mistaken to be a albino when actuality its loss in color pigment is a result of leucism?

Leucism is the "fill in the blank word" said above.

If APE a were true albino, im certain it would produce white spores or very light colored almost complete pigment loss. Well im not certain obviously but in the future i want to be able to say with certainty that APE is a albino and be accurate.

Even PE's have weird/little/light spores IME.  I have been unable to get visible spores out of PEs yet, from cultures from several sources. That's one of the reasons I am being unrelenting in my pursuit of that clone culture in my agar thread. Lil bastard wasn't little when I cloned the motherf'r!  ;)

So I imagine APE's spores would be inconsistent as well. Likely white if a true albino, like you indicated.

Edited by catattack, 01 March 2016 - 06:47 PM.

• MLBjammer, Microbe and meyer like this

#64 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:56 PM

I have been told APE drops white spores.  I have test jar going, so maybe I can find out for myself.

PE is a very reluctant spore dropper.  You're better off just cloning.

I have heard of folks pressing down caps to try and get some spores to drop (spore stamping), and there's always the swab.  

• Microbe likes this

#65 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

I'M AGAR RIIIIIIIICK!

• OG VIP
  • 12,193 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2016 - 08:15 PM

I have been told APE drops white spores.  I have test jar going, so maybe I can find out for myself.

PE is a very reluctant spore dropper.  You're better off just cloning.

I have heard of folks pressing down caps to try and get some spores to drop (spore stamping), and there's always the swab.  

@tv informed me that spores are more likely in later flushes, so keeping clean (mono or dub tub in my situation) is even more important.

Here:

I still have the old PF Classic strain that came with the original PF Tek (guess I'm sentimental that way) and it shares a lot of traits with PE, including being difficult to print.

When I want to make fresh spore prints of that strain, I grow out a tray (or some cakes) in a bin that I take extra-special care of so as to minimize the presence of contaminants, then wait for the second flush (or even a third) to start printing. It usually doesn't produce fruits that drop a visible amount of spores until the 2nd flush. The third flush usually drops a lot of spores too, but it's preferable to get prints from earlier flushes as the potential for contamination increases over time.

Edited by catattack, 01 March 2016 - 08:20 PM.

#66 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:22 AM

PF Classic fully opens it caps, though, unlike PE.

• Microbe and meyer like this

#67 Kraven

Kraven

CannaMycologist

• OG VIP
  • 857 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:25 PM

Great read tyvm Cat.

#68 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

I'M AGAR RIIIIIIIICK!