#1 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,216 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 12:16 AM

Thank you so much.  I was wanting this forum to start soon, as I found a video this morning I so wanted to post here.  It is from Alan Watts that I linked to from a posting by Zen_ this morning.  I just have to think of a name for the thread where I will post it.

Thank you again, Skye and Topia. 

Namasté

On edit:  Oops, it says I cannot start a thread.  Surely it is not to be a one thread forum, no?

Edited by Alder Logs, 12 January 2016 - 12:21 AM.

• SillyCone, Juthro and wharfrat like this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,643 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:26 AM

We are all waiting for the new forums to open. I was surprised to see any postings at all as I did not think it was open yet. I have the opening introduction, so this is expected to be unlocked in short order. Apparently you can only reply to my opening post, but not start new threads yet.

Mods need to be delegated for the new forum topics. I volunteered to moderate this one and the other new ones should also be opened soon as well.

Be patient........................

We waited some time for this, another day or so is not much longer....... :biggrin:  

Edited by Skywatcher, 12 January 2016 - 01:42 AM.

• Alder Logs and wharfrat like this

#3 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 7,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 07:07 AM

I have studied several different religions with an open mind, and I have learned that the more you learn about other religions the more you realize how similar they all are. So, I hope that this forum will help bring people closer together.

• Zen_, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 2 others like this

#4 catattack

catattack

JAZZ HANDS!

• OG VIP
  • 5,967 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 09:45 AM

Welcome to the Spirituality and Mysticism Forum.

Any and all topics on Spirituality, personal experiences, beliefs, and related subjects are welcome here. 

Please come with an open mind and respect for others point of view. Discussions, agreement and disagreement, are all acceptable.

I will not be heavy handed here, as I believe we can follow forum rules and act as respectful adults here. I hope we can all learn more from one another.

My one rule is there will be no tolerance for personal disrespect to any member by any other member.

We expect a diversity here, and possibly conflicting beliefs. You may state your opinions on any stated beliefs or comments, but you may not make it a personal attack on any member. 

I want all to be free to express themselves here. Do it in a respectful manner.

Good stuff. I only see one problem, 'attack' is in my name.  ;) 

Seriously, if it keeps a segment of our community active, I'm all for it. 

"we are optimistic, Ira and I":

Ira.jpg

Edited by catattack, 12 January 2016 - 09:45 AM.

#5 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,950 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2016 - 11:26 PM

Welcome all to the new Spirituality and Mysticism forum. Read the rules. Read them again. (hint, there is only one) Then jump in and have some fun!

Thanks to all who have suggested this, and to all who volunteered to moderate as well. Much love. <3

post-62591-0-39123500-1452612693.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• humanenergy-spiritual-beings-consciousness.jpg

• SillyCone, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#6 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,216 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:48 AM

Henh, you locked Skye's thread while I was writing a long post for it, Zen_.  Okay, I will permit it.  Here's what I just wrote, pertaining to all three new forums:

=========================================

When I posted last night, I hadn't seen that there were three new forums, and the video post I would have made would be better suited to Religions & Ideologies, though, I see some extensive overlap potential, as religions and ideologies can have tendencies to pretend ownership rights over spirituality, if not everything, when they express from a fundamentalist posture. 

Any opening post in Religions & Ideologies might need to express that "for it is written," or some particular sectarian interpretations of what has been so written, must be checked at the door.  No one here should be allowed to take an authoritarian stance if these discussions are to survive this test.  I say this, as I have an experience of the best internet chat room I ever knew (this was the Art Bell Chat Room around 1995)  was taken down (for reasons of the increased administrative load) when a fundamentalist clique formed and repeatedly complained that they didn't like what others were saying about their particular ideals, these seen by themselves as sacrosanct. 

An opening post in Politics & Government will need to be of much the same bent, as it is one thing to discuss ideologies, religious or political, and another thing to be ideological.   It will be our personal rigidity that will need to be checked at the door, if this new freedom is to be enjoyed.   If one is not prepared to entertain or consider opposing points of perspective, then one is not here to discuss, but for something other than discussion.  At the same time, if political correctness attains to a level of an ideology, this experiment will again find failure. 

If the moderation is fair, and the posters are prepared to be respectful, this could be a spiritually profitable endeavor.   Perhaps we could have a penalty box where any shit disturbers would get a timeout and not come back until they have taken a heroic dose and chilled therewith.

#7 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,216 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 10:54 AM

Is there an estimate about when Religions & Ideologies will be opened?

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,643 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:50 AM

Is there an estimate about when Religions & Ideologies will be opened?

As soon as we have a moderator. There is not any set waiting period.

When I posted last night, I hadn't seen that there were three new forums, and the video post I would have made would be better suited to Religions & Ideologies, though, I see some extensive overlap potential, as religions and ideologies can have tendencies to pretend ownership rights over spirituality, if not everything, when they express from a fundamentalist posture. 

Any opening post in Religions & Ideologies might need to express that "for it is written," or some particular sectarian interpretations of what has been so written, must be checked at the door.  No one here should be allowed to take an authoritarian stance if these discussions are to survive this test.  I say this, as I have an experience of the best internet chat room I ever knew (this was the Art Bell Chat Room around 1995)  was taken down (for reasons of the increased administrative load) when a fundamentalist clique formed and repeatedly complained that they didn't like what others were saying about their particular ideals, these seen by themselves as sacrosanct. 

Beautifully said Alder. Agreed that no intolerance for other Ideologies will be allowed.

An opening post in Politics & Government will need to be of much the same bent, as it is one thing to discuss ideologies, religious or political, and another thing to be ideological.   It will be our personal rigidity that will need to be checked at the door, if this new freedom is to be enjoyed.   If one is not prepared to entertain or consider opposing points of perspective, then one is not here to discuss, but for something other than discussion.  At the same time, if political correctness attains to a level of an ideology, this experiment will again find failure. 

^^^^Âgain, Well said.....^^^^^^

If the moderation is fair, and the posters are prepared to be respectful, this could be a spiritually profitable endeavor.   Perhaps we could have a penalty box where any shit disturbers would get a timeout and not come back until they have taken a heroic dose and chilled therewith.

For my own part, I believe I can be quite fair, and tolerant of grey edges. I do want all these new forum topics to succeed.

I truly believe we have more to learn from one another, than argument, and want all to feel welcome and free to express themselves.

Those who are bent on inflexibility and step outside the ONE rule I have insisted on, will be kindly warned and reminded first, and then the existing infraction rules applied if needed. We are all here to coexist and help one another, not tear each other down. 

Let me know Alder if you ever would consider a moderation position.................................

#9 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,950 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 01:16 PM

Ugh. Not sure what's going on with the mixup. I'm sure it'll fix, eventually. Either way, I don't think we lost anything important. :)

#10 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,646 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 06:01 PM

sounds like a great addition to Topia :) 

• Skywatcher likes this

#11 SillyCone

SillyCone

Wounded Healer

• OG VIP
  • 2,846 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

Wow. I think these new forums will be where you'll find me on mycotopia from now on... Amazing !

And to think we were "afraid" of such topics  :meditate:

Thanks Zen and family  :wub:

• Skywatcher likes this

#12 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:29 PM

Well, his name is Zen after all, gotta be a forum like this, this us where our mycellium brothers take us after all.
  • SillyCone likes this

#13 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

This is a great surprise to me! Finding spirituality here at Topia and I am pleased to find open discussions on these topics. My personal opinion is that mankind and everything around us would do well to dive headlong into bringing our individual and thus collective emotional and spiritual maturity up to and exceeding our current intellectual standing place. Great move folks IMHO............

A

• PsyBearknot, Skywatcher, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:46 PM

Mr. Arathu, damn fine to make your acquaintance! I have read many of your old threads over the last 3 years I have been a member here. This place is like home and you all are my brother's and sisters.
  • Arathu, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#15 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:32 AM

Mr. Arathu, damn fine to make your acquaintance! I have read many of your old threads over the last 3 years I have been a member here. This place is like home and you all are my brother's and sisters.

Right back atcha man! 

A

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!