4 replies to this topic

#1 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

We thought long and hard about the types of discussions that occur here, and we've decided that it's difficult to disallow, or ignore, the importance and implications of these types of discourse. Especially in the face of all that's going on around the world. These types of discussions, in our opinion, are both necessary and very relevant.

God & Country - This forum will be the home for discussions surrounding Religion, Politics, and Government. General systems of faith, ethics, and morals. 

All of these things surround a faith upon or within specific systems and the separation and discourse that comes from them.

Spirituality & Mysticism - This forum will the container for all that is not of the above. ;)  Essentially we recognize that there is a way about things that is difficult if not impossible to measure or even define. While this may branch into more formal systems of religion, it in and of itself is not religious in nature. It's the other. The ether. The unseen. The thing that binds and connects us all.

Specifically, non-systems.

We believe that these new areas of discussion will open up the doors for many, and we feel that fit within the community and have a place at our table. So pull up a chair and start flappin, I'm sure you all have LOTS to talk about. :)

• MycoDani, cap'n cube, coorsmikey and 4 others like this

#2 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

Oh, and just to say what shouldn't need said. Be adults. Respect one another. Appreciate that another's difference makes possible your side as well, for without left there can be no right.  :meditate:

• AGAMA, Skywatcher and CatsAndBats like this

#3 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,851 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

And so I ask; is the topic I started in S&M (The Bible , Society, & Man) good there, or should it be in G&C?

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 January 2016 - 05:31 PM.

• Zen_ likes this

#4 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 5,088 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:53 PM

I'll let the mods decide. ;)

• Skywatcher likes this

#5 AGAMA

AGAMA