9 replies to this topic

#1 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:09 AM

From farm to pharmaceutical, diesel truck to dinner plate, pipeline to plastic product, it is impossible to think of an area of our modern-day lives that is not affected by the oil industry. The story of oil is the story of the modern world. And this is the story of those who helped shape that world, and how the oil-igarchy they created is on the verge of monopolizing life itself.

[Direct Link]

• prof_it_e, AGAMA, riseabovethought and 2 others like this

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 7,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 10:00 AM

I also linked this over in the "Are We Slaves" thread. 

This is, by far, one of the most concise documentaries which describes - in accurate but broad strokes - the essence of the problems of our society.

If you have the time, I strongly recommend watching for your edification.

You've got me hooked on Corbett !!

I've already shared his channel with some other thinkers who are interested in knowing.

Snake Oil indeed. 

• August West, riseabovethought and CatsAndBats like this

#3 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:28 PM

I also linked this over in the "Are We Slaves" thread. 

Nuts. Should've done a search.

Feel free to remove this if it's appropriate. 

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 01:22 PM

I vote for it staying in both places.   Can't hurt anyone to see it.  It's good enough to have a thread of its own.

• Myc likes this

#5 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,163 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:16 PM

Sounds like the follow-up may be a bit more controversial.

#6 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 524 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 05:17 AM

Truly Scary Shit.

#7 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:07 PM

Gives a whole new insight into Trump becoming president doesn't it? He says he wants to "make deals".... With Devil Bill no doubt.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 21 January 2016 - 10:07 PM.

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Walk's between...

• 8,151 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:55 PM

Seems a new chapter is coming soon............................

#9 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 7,331 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:01 AM

Yes indeed I agree......seems there's always a new chapter too................it's the choreographed story lines and themes with ensuing strife among the "lesser classes" that bugs me.

It's no surprise that the ability to build actual wealth has been removed from society, replace by a total system of debt. 

Time for a serious shift in the placement of our VALUES. I believe we will see the new tribes but things are going to get really ugly...........as is designed.......

I'm always reminded of these statements by Goering while on trial after WW-II.........It appears he actually said this but it's single source so..............

We got around to the subject of war again and I said that, contrary to his attitude, I did not think that the common people are very thankful for leaders who bring them war and destruction.

“Why, of course, the people don’t want war,” Goering shrugged. “Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece. Naturally, the common people don’t want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.”

“There is one difference,” I pointed out. “In a democracy the people have some say in the matter through their elected representatives, and in the United States only Congress can declare wars.”

“Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country.”

Gustave Gilbert, a German-speaking intelligence officer and psychologist who was granted free access by the Allies to all the prisoners held in the Nuremberg jail.

Same monsters playing their fucking games...............across the centuries??????? IMHO Goering's statements need not necessarily be applied to what is thought of as "conventional warfare" either. There is a war on drugs, a war on poverty, a war on terrorism, a war on ?????????? The language is not used trivially either.................then pouring out of the TV, smart phones, FaceShit, Twitts, and on and on and on...................come the denouncements and the brainwashed peer sputum......

Find your tribe man....find your tribe.......

Edited by Arathu, 19 February 2017 - 10:03 AM.

#10 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:38 PM

When each of us has determined in our heart and mind to live free. To disregard the edicts of "Leaders, so-called, and instead leading just our own life, not begging any to follow, and simply carving our own path.

When each of us can do this whilst respecting every other persons right to the same...

Then only, is peace possible.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 19 February 2017 - 11:39 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!