#1 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2016 - 04:43 PM

Namaste!

The main reason why I made this thread is for people who are planning to make hashbutter aswel and are in search for a good recipe.

Most of the videos that I found are all about 7 to 14 g of weed on 1 stick (220-250g) of butter, depending on what quality the weed was and how strong they want the butter.

Well - I want some really hardcore potent butter, that's why I decided to put 15g of strong hash onto one stick.

But I also want a very good quality and something safe, that's why I take my own made hash (marroc style).

If you want to know how hash is made in marroco, check out youtube or other sources around the net.

My entire summer 2015 harvest was made into marroc and ice-water-washed black afghan hash this year.

So I know that I wont have dust, sand, henna or other unwanted stuff in my butter (and hash in general!!)

I've choosen marroc-style hash because it's free of water, dust or old/dry skin.

All stuff that can (or must in case of the water) be found in hash.

You can use any hash you want of course...

------

Recipe: 500g butter & 30g hash                IMG_0136.JPG (This is 70g hash that will be made into butter, as soon as I have my wanted recipe)

-----

1. Cut your hash to dust, grind your weed to dust, cut your butter into cubes and then mix everything together into 1 glass bowl.

2. Take a pot which is a little bit smaller than the glas bowl and cook up some water.

3. Put the glass bowl into the pot with water and turn down the heat mid-way.

Like this:

IMG_0135.JPG

Some people let it like this for several hours, other for 30 minutes. I left the hash in the butter for 1 hour and then I filtered it.

4. If the water is boiling you'll have to check if you need to refil. If you keep the water at about 80°C it wont vaporize a lot and you can leave everything as it is.

5. Filter the butter and put it in the fridge or freezer over night.

Like this:

IMG_0137.JPG IMG_0138.JPG IMG_0139.JPG

You will have some hash sticking to butter, so this stuff must be potent. I have no idea how potent.

My best friends Eric & Kenny however, are very excited to test it tommorw, look how excited they look...

IMG_0141.JPG

---

Trip report of the butter and how to dose and also a report on the left-over hash-butter-mix will follow tommorow :D

GREETINGS - BLESSINGS - LOVE

• wharfrat, Electricjellyfish, skunkbudda403 and 1 other like this

#2 skunkbudda403

skunkbudda403

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2016 - 07:49 PM

Dam thats gunna be some lovely budda! I've got about 14 ounces I'm planning on making hash out of and have yet to try making hash budda. Sounds simply delightful!

Great write up/guide.

Must have been some process making it the Moroccan style with wooden mallots and all that effort. It's quite the site to see it being manufactured . Strain Hunters has a great video about the hash production in Morocco.

Look forward to your trip report. Looks like dome quality hash so it's gunna be shit hot potent! Just the way I like my budda!

Skunk
  • Neptunechild likes this

#3 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:16 PM

Namaste Skunk

I've been a lot to marocco and could see it myself, really great music they produce while beating up the stuff!

Traditional afghani hash is made with the same product actually...but instead of getting pressed, they add slowly water to the mix until it's done.

Check out this great video of authentic black afghani hash production.

With awesome music! I grew up around this culture...ah...I feel home.

All that's missing now is a fine, gentle poppy tea :)

Edited by Neptunechild, 20 January 2016 - 08:17 PM.

• skunkbudda403 likes this

#4 skunkbudda403

skunkbudda403

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,904 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:27 PM

I'll watch the video once I'm home this evening. Thanks for sharing NeptuneChild.

I've been to Morocco once, and have plans in the making for a return trip this year (summer/fall July/August). We do a lot of spearfishing and that's one of the most beautiful places to spear. We have some friends that have family there so it's a nice destination.

SkunK
  • Neptunechild likes this

#5 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:43 AM

Ok so about the Trip-report, which will be very short:

1 hour after waking up, I took 1 spoon of butter and melted it.

I added 500ml of milk and 1 spoon of instant chocolate powder to the buter and drank it.

After 2 hours I felt the first effect which was a light body buzz.

But within 30 minutes I was totally stoned out of my mind!

I was sitting in the bus on my way to a friends place were I suddenly realised that I had taken way too much.

My 20 minute bus ride seemed endless and I was on alert! Ha, it was so strong that I was not sure if I'm having audio-hallucinations or not.

Arriving at my friends place about 3 hours after I drank it, so 1 hour after the first effect, I felt numb.

Lying on the couch listening to Pink Floyd my body felt heavier and heavier.

I realised that I was paranoid in the bus because the sudden impact of the THC was massive.

I felt 80% of the milk with my body and the rest was mental. I was laughing a lot but had no problems concentrating.

I said "shit" and "fuck" several times within the entire experience. I lol'd a couple of times and felt like I've been stoned for the first time in my life!

Conclusion: This is wonderful medicine that turns your body numb for several hours!

I was stoned for at least 12 hours and then I fell a sleep.

I wanted very potent butter and I got it. Now I have to experiment with the dosage =)!

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:26 PM

i have many times made butter, or extract that was way too potent. I have it down now pretty much.

Since we were making extract for topical products it was a little different, but the tar can be easily used for eating as well.

One thing I recommend if it's for anything but smoking is to decarboxylate the pot first. Put it on a tray in the oven at 180 - 200 deg for 30 mins to an hour. This converts all the active ingredients to their usable form.

It also makes it very easy to crumble up for the wash. don't use blender you'll get way too much chlorophyll. Put everything in the freezer with 91% ISO, i use quart jars, then quickly pour the cold alcohol, (it wont freeze) into the jar with the pot and shake for 30 seconds and pour into your vacuum filter. 

After the first run is in the dehydrator, save the washed pot/solvent mix back into the jar and do a second wash.

i modified a four rack food dehydrator so it fits a glass pie plate, it takes less than an hour to evaporate the pint of alcohol and leaves you with a pourable resin. If you leave it to dry too long it will really stick to the glass and you will have to work with it heated to remove it.

Didn't mean to jump your thread, mostly wanted to mention the decarb cuz it really works.

• Neptunechild and skunkbudda403 like this

#7 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 08:28 PM

Any input is welcome man don't worry :)!

I've read about decarboxylate...but is this not only done with weed?

Do you also do this with hash before you turn it to butter?

Will def. do this next time if so!

Greetings

#8 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:46 PM

It's a certain temp for a certain amount of time. I'm too stoned right now, just made a batch of gummy bears, melted them down and added some extract (1gram to 50 bears). they are sticky as fuck, but the bottom line is, you don't have to eat more than one or two, and they taste pretty good.

If you get your plant materials, hash, leaf, flower,  I use the trim, up to 200 deg for an hour, it converts all the THC-acid to THC. You get all the bang out of your stuff.

Don't have to do this if you burn it, it happens instantly, but even baking, or some other cooking doesn't completely do this.

I am not the expert on this, the wife is, look it up. Especially the stuff they are doing in Israel right now.

• Neptunechild and skunkbudda403 like this

#9 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:30 PM

Any input is welcome man don't worry :)!

I've read about decarboxylate...but is this not only done with weed?

Do you also do this with hash before you turn it to butter?

Will def. do this next time if so!

Greetings

It would depend on how the hash was made. If it was heated for the conversion time at the right temp, it wouldn't need it. Likewise with making butter, the temp is usually enough and long enough to convert so you get it done that way. I make butter in the slow cooker for six hours, then let it set up and separate in the fridge, pour off the water, (tastes like clean water) and the green buddah is good to use. Making extracts you have to decarb beacause the process is done with cold rather than hot and you don't want to heat it back up or it gets like a rock and is very hard to use.

Last night I made my first infused gummy bears. Very cool. Just melt the bears (separate the colors or the taste is kind of awful). I got a silicone mold and use an electric fondue pot to melt in. 

The temp that the bears melt is just right for the extract and it mixes in very easy. I use a small plastic spatula to get the right amount for each hole and scrape most of the excess off. They are STICKY when they are melted, but wash off with hot water easily.

#10 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard

• OG VIP
  • 445 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

I think I will stick to my TEK making butter with hash, but the next time I make butter with weed I will decarboxylate it!

The hash-butter is very very potent, a teaspoon of the butter lasts for 4-6 hours, but it takes nearly 2 hours for the first effects. (184cm, 90kg, male, 27 yrs)

Greetings

Edit: 4-6 intense hours!

Edited by Neptunechild, 23 January 2016 - 03:19 PM.

#11 catattack

catattack

[^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 6,765 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:12 PM

May I join you on Neptune please?

#12 Neptunechild

Neptunechild

Cactus Wizard