#41 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 3,692 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:20 AM

All knowledge is, as you have expresses Cyb, an expression of relationships between concepts (epistemology).  Each "node" or "thing" that we attempt to explain can only be done so by referring to other "nodes" within this network, or web.  Eventually you run out of time or energy to explain it as you never seem to get to concrete items that need no explanation.  The old quandary of the young child who keeps asking "But why?" or "But what is...".  Somewhere along the line we have made assumptions about what something "is" and assume also that everyone else holds the same "absolutes".  But as we see in the world, that is never really the case.  What do we really know? We have this massive web-work in our heads of relationships of one thing to another thing, but about the real "Thing"? (it's not Coke by the way :tongue: ).

So our knowledge is a webwork of interrelationships that attempt to explain everything by relating it to something else, with the hope that somewhere down the line we understand what something actually is, never recalling the fact that none of it is the thing itself but only a model we have made in our heads - which ironically enough includes this entire explanation itself!

Our experiences too, are just our senses feeding us more information which we then place into this web.S

So how are we to set this all aside and be? How do we stop building the web for a moment, and experience pure reality as it is?  That these questions exist in our minds shows us that there is something outside of all of this web, for if we were nothing but this interconnected knowledge base, we could not conceive of such questions, could we?  This gets back to Alan Watts (an all the others that Alder has pointed out) admonition: "We are not that".

• Myc and Alder Logs like this

#42 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 12,934 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2016 - 11:31 AM

...it's defined as "a physical property of matter..."

So clearly, electricity is essentially something that matter does.

This is a good representation of what has been termed, "materialist science."

To start with, I do not know or understand anything.  That said, I would say it's more likely that matter is something electricity is doing.  In my hypothetical view, electricity is prior to matter.  Matter, which appears to be an association of spins within some medium which takes on the characteristics of matter, via spins which are likely the result of a force we could call electricity. 

• pharmer likes this

#43 JACKOLANTERN

JACKOLANTERN

puking unicorn

• Free Member
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 December 2018 - 05:49 PM

The flow of electrons from the outer shells of one atom to the next when there is a force acted upon them to cause movement I.E. Heat, cold, kinetic energy et cetera. Sometimes the state is excited enough to cause other shells electrons to gain energy and jump orbits. When this occurs they must quickly loose energy and return to their orbits. The energy loss is expressed as photons or light. the different orbits in the quantum leap up or down determines their frequency and color of light being emitted.  There are 4 fundamental forces electromagnetism is one which combines electricity or the flow of electrons and magnetism which are interchangeable, Gravity which holds you to the ground and your free fall orbit around our star, The strong nuclear force which holds your atoms together and the weak nuclear force which causes atoms of masses heavier than Iron to fly apart in radioactive decay because they desperately need to reach the stability of Iron. Human beings emit light in the form of slow moving photons in the infrared range. We glow.

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,934 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2018 - 12:53 AM

So some of the theory goes. 

#45 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,727 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2018 - 09:06 AM

...it's defined as "a physical property of matter..."

So clearly, electricity is essentially something that matter does.

This is a good representation of what has been termed, "materialist science."

To start with, I do not know or understand anything.  That said, I would say it's more likely that matter is something electricity is doing.  In my hypothetical view, electricity is prior to matter.  Matter, which appears to be an association of spins within some medium which takes on the characteristics of matter, via spins which are likely the result of a force we could call electricity. 

This is the clearest way you've stated this to date, or at least that I've seen. THIS begins to make sense - of what I was previously hung up on - that matter IS and the other stuff also IS -  but that we don't really know how or where matter begins.

To be a solid, grasp-able theory I'd need to understand HOW something electrical becomes something as hard as iron and that the HOW can be demonstrated and duplicated as the current model of the "Scientific Method" requires to become Theory.

Not that I'm requiring it of anybody.....just sayin'

Edited by pharmer, 28 December 2018 - 09:09 AM.

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 12,934 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 December 2018 - 11:13 AM

It really becomes a chicken/egg thing, but how I see it is everything physical, before we might grasp it as physical in any way, must be like touching the tip of your right index finger with the tip of your right index finger.   But for now, I see that the physical arises out of a background of primordial energy which is all potential at rest.  What moves this field of potential initially, I don't know.  But, given movement, being fluid, the motions swirl into vortices.   The vortices can only fit together in the patterns that work in a fluid.  A right spin must be next to a left spin or annihilation happens.   There will be stable motion structures and unstable motion structures. Vortices generate electric force.  Electric forces generate vortices.   

Two super strong magnets stuck together sort of act as if one piece of iron. 

This is the day I have to go to town.  No time to write now.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!