4 replies to this topic

#1 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,041 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:44 PM

Props to Neim for bringing down the house with this video.  Please check this out and take it to heart.  Never Ever talk to anyone knocking on your door, badge in hand, asking if they can talk to you.  Tell them No, talk to my lawyer and politely close the door.  There is nothing to be gained by trying to reason with someone trained in how to get you, just by talking to you, just by gaining your trust as an authority figure.  Wrong.  They are not your friends.

[Direct Link]

• wildedibles, SillyCone, Juthro and 5 others like this

#2 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,041 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:58 PM

I take that back.  Maybe dont even open the door.  Tell them through the door to talk to your lawyer.

[Direct Link]

• wildedibles, Heirloom and wharfrat like this

#3 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,530 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 01:37 PM

1. Am I under arrest?

2. Am I free to go?

That's it. No more needs to be said. If they try to talk more, keep asking those questions and they will either arrest you, in which case you say nothing but you want a lawyer.

Don't do their job for them or let them practice their LEO-OLEO grease on Uranus.

• Coopdog, wildedibles, Juthro and 1 other like this

#4 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 8,167 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

My kids have been tought to leave the door alone unless its thier friends (we have a window that looks out at front door)
My friends family walk in and yell strangers knock on the door.
Im not sure if my kids would let a cop in if they got pushy which they do here ive had to put my foot behind the door cause they ask can i come in pushing on the door i say no always and they look at me funny
I learned tho i cannot go out like i usually do closing the door behind me they could make me wait out there till they got a warrent if they wished too

My youngest had the cops at my house this year. Running with kids that were starting to get into trouble.
My kid now knows how to pick his friends better;)
Good thing I dont have any illigal hobbies either cant with teenage boys in the house lol
Ive been asulted by a cop or pretend one before they totally freak me out warrent and lawer are the only words I can get out.
  • Juthro likes this

#5 stmhunter

stmhunter

stxsp

• Free Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

i have several friends who are LEO from Local, to a uncle who is a retired FED. they all have told me this and never consent to search.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!