Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:40 AM

Really now, it's perfectly simple...

[Direct Link]

Edited by Alder Logs, 26 January 2016 - 11:53 AM.

• Hash_Man and Juthro like this

#42 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:45 AM

Of course there's a cat based solution! Is there anything cats can't do?!

• Zen_ and Juthro like this

#43 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,440 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:57 AM

they can't lick their ears, but then neither can we.

I see there's no chat button any more.

• Zen_ likes this

#44 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:21 PM

Yup. Old chat toast. New chat is almost bread.

#45 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:46 PM

[Direct Link]

Point taken. Curious how I can both under-explain AND over-explain in the same thread. :)

Supposing that neither explanation of detail surrounding the new chat room, henceforth notated as "MycoChat," was sufficient for ones own perfectly normal and reasonable expectations of what such explanation should sound like and what said explanation should do within ones own intellect; I can certainly understand the difficulty in understanding the information that was hereto stated as mostly incomprehensible but definitely appropriate as subject matter cohesion was so obviously taken into great consideration. Having said that and the prior I can honestly state with 100% conviction that the words used were merely placed together to form thought-images upon ones own and that relate to such aforementioned subject matter in such a way as to impose upon another the idea within mine that needed to be communicated so that the other understood the necessary and minor implications of the upcoming changes to the MycoChat system. I sincerely hope that in one form or another these electronically transmuted symbols of language may appear to you in such an order so as to properly communicate that which I am attempting with such great fervor and wholeheartedness; that one version of the many may appear to you in such a way as to connect to your bioelectric waves of thought pattern and match upon them the ideals I am attempting to convert from similar to symbol to electronic to symbol to same. Like the many philosophies and religions of the world telling of their tales through various stories of each's origin but with bioelectric waves of others converted to symbol and translated to various and still different symbols and back again; to tell the tales in different ways to attract the different peoples of separate geographic location the message of living wisely and of spiritual growth. So too am I here attempting to simply translate my waves of thought to you in such a way to impress upon you that no changes are being made to board security or the visibility of ones email address or other personal information contained within same. Also that once one purchases a corresponding premium membership which grants access to the new MycoChat they are able to change said email address to ones own preference related or unrelated to a real email account, but doing so with the express understanding that they may miss out on attempts of direct communication and general notifications; as such, going outside the bounds of the intention of anything provided herein as the Mycotopia systems, will usually and most expectedly cause a possible degradation in ones own user experience. In truth and in closing, I would say that being as forthcoming and open with information of any kind would be infinitely more appreciated, even if over-explained, than lack or no communications at all. Not taking your sarcasm personally as I understand the misunderstanding and appreciate the comedy such appreciation brings with it, just remember when it is returned to you to take in kind else; well, you know the rest. Peace love and hippie sauce.

:meditate:   :hug:

• coorsmikey likes this

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

Damn, what's poor Pasta going to do in the meantime?

• coorsmikey and AGAMA like this

#47 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:50 PM

Damn, what's poor Pasta going to do in the meantime?

I needed some fresh air anyway.

• CatsAndBats likes this

#48 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 12:54 PM

[Direct Link]

Point taken. Curious how I can both under-explain AND over-explain in the same thread. 

Supposing that neither explanation of detail surrounding the new chat room, henceforth notated as "MycoChat," was sufficient for ones own perfectly normal and reasonable expectations of what such explanation should sound like and what said explanation should do within ones own intellect; I can certainly understand the difficulty in understanding the information that was hereto stated as mostly incomprehensible but definitely appropriate as subject matter cohesion was so obviously taken into great consideration. Having said that and the prior I can honestly state with 100% conviction that the words used were merely placed together to form thought-images upon ones own and that relate to such aforementioned subject matter in such a way as to impose upon another the idea within mine that needed to be communicated so that the other understood the necessary and minor implications of the upcoming changes to the MycoChat system. I sincerely hope that in one form or another these electronically transmuted symbols of language may appear to you in such an order so as to properly communicate that which I am attempting with such great fervor and wholeheartedness; that one version of the many may appear to you in such a way as to connect to your bioelectric waves of thought pattern and match upon them the ideals I am attempting to convert from similar to symbol to electronic to symbol to same. Like the many philosophies and religions of the world telling of their tales through various stories of each's origin but with bioelectric waves of others converted to symbol and translated to various and still different symbols and back again; to tell the tales in different ways to attract the different peoples of separate geographic location the message of living wisely and of spiritual growth. So too am I here attempting to simply translate my waves of thought to you in such a way to impress upon you that no changes are being made to board security or the visibility of ones email address or other personal information contained within same. Also that once one purchases a corresponding premium membership which grants access to the new MycoChat they are able to change said email address to ones own preference related or unrelated to a real email account, but doing so with the express understanding that they may miss out on attempts of direct communication and general notifications; as such, going outside the bounds of the intention of anything provided herein as the Mycotopia systems, will usually and most expectedly cause a possible degradation in ones own user experience. In truth and in closing, I would say that being as forthcoming and open with information of any kind would be infinitely more appreciated, even if over-explained, than lack or no communications at all. Not taking your sarcasm personally as I understand the misunderstanding and appreciate the comedy such appreciation brings with it, just remember when it is returned to you to take in kind else; well, you know the rest. Peace love and hippie sauce.

reading that made my brain hurty.

• Zen_, Cue and Alder Logs like this

#49 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 01:26 PM

Are you hungover or blond?

#50 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 11:48 PM

Do we have a time line?

#51 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:09 AM

Do we have a time line?

A wise man once told me that time is wibbly wobbly! If we are posting that its coming soon then it is. But how long is soon? That's a just a perception isn't it? Not soon enough IMO. Right around the corner so to speak if that helps. It sounds like there is some excitement and anticipation. That's awesome. If we didn't have such an awesome and critical audience we could throw out a date, shit happens sometimes, with that being said. Soon is what I will commit to ya all. Not like the soon you have heard before, but soon! It's just chat right, not like we aren't already chatting. What's wrong with the chats that we are already in that creates such excitement over the new Mycochat? I mean it's bad ass and all but it is still just a chat.

Edited by coorsmikey, 27 January 2016 - 12:16 AM.

• wharfrat likes this

#52 GadgetGuy

GadgetGuy

~Resident Perv~

• Expired Member
  • 3,015 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:05 AM

Well, long long ago, in days far in history, we had a great chat room. I understand that it was left behind due to security issues or something along that nature (ten years ago?).  We used to have a riot of a time in that chat room and it wasn't rare to see over 10 people in chat in the middle of a work day. I think that is why some members, mostly ones that have been around a while are anxious to see the new one. I think this place may draw more posts etc when this gets running.

Food for thought.

• coorsmikey and Cue like this

#53 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,978 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:20 AM

Not a bear either.

I'm not a log

[Direct Link]

• Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#54 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 3,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:58 AM

Well, long long ago, in days far in history, we had a great chat room. I understand that it was left behind due to security issues or something along that nature (ten years ago?).  We used to have a riot of a time in that chat room and it wasn't rare to see over 10 people in chat in the middle of a work day. I think that is why some members, mostly ones that have been around a while are anxious to see the new one. I think this place may draw more posts etc when this gets running.

Food for thought.

This new chat is completely mobile and honestly is a huge distraction for me at work. I actually have to turn off my notifications so I can get shit done. That is in the beta version that only has a few people participating. And if nobody is around and you feel like chatting you can actually talk to the chat bot so to speak. Not that the chat bot has a lot to say, but the bot can be quite entertaining. It might be a lil embarrassing at 3 am to enter the channel when pasta is chatting with the chat bot, but I am sure he'll be more worried about his conversations about life size posters. If the comradore of the old days is something that attracted you to chat before, then you will dig on this new one. But a big part of what made the chat from the old days was the quality of the people there, and the same goes here. All the people that talk about the old days and how good it was have the choice to contribute to make that happen today. The conversations about things being different is not about what or who is behind the scenes, but the attitude that every member brings to the table. It really not about what software is available. It's what we put in as a community and as individuals to make the place better. The OMC has many sites to venture to and the different vibes they carry with them. But bottom line is we are for the most part like minded and we seek the association of others like minded. Isn't that the reason we all spend the time on these site like we do? The new chat is only just another tool for us like minded people to bridge the gap of distance and location to bring us together.i hope it brings back some of that old time vibe myself, but I also know that people are different now too.
  • PsyBearknot and GadgetGuy like this

#55 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:57 AM

Not a bear either.

I'm not a log

[Direct Link]

"Everyone wants a log."

Well, yeah!

Edited by Alder Logs, 27 January 2016 - 10:57 AM.

#56 Zen_

Zen_

Timelord

• Founders
  • 4,951 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

Absolutely perfect.

All the people that talk about the old days and how good it was have the choice to contribute to make that happen today. The conversations about things being different is not about what or who is behind the scenes, but the attitude that every member brings to the table. It really not about what software is available. It's what we put in as a community and as individuals to make the place better. The OMC has many sites to venture to and the different vibes they carry with them. But bottom line is we are for the most part like minded and we seek the association of others like minded. Isn't that the reason we all spend the time on these site like we do? The new chat is only just another tool for us like minded people to bridge the gap of distance and location to bring us together.i hope it brings back some of that old time vibe myself, but I also know that people are different now too.

• PsyBearknot likes this

#57 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

Are you hungover or blond?

quit alcohol, and it's 3 shades of teal/green, I do smoke a new strain of mj every 3 days or so, so I'm real stoned, most of the time.

Stoned-Cat.jpg

Edited by catattack, 27 January 2016 - 11:12 AM.

#58 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,150 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:24 PM

I just moused over Pastafarian's name and it said: "Not in Chat."  

• coorsmikey likes this

#59 Cue

Cue

Chat Head

• OG VIP
  • 8,027 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

I just moused over Pastafarian's name and it said: "Not in Chat."  

I just checked my email and the cool kids have yet to invite me. :sad:

#60 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

detective dorkasaurus

• OG VIP
  • 7,741 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:53 PM

THE cool kid is probably finishing up the permissions.

• Cue likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!