Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Where do YOU think mankind is headed? 10yrs | 50yrs | 100yrs..

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:27 PM

The prize? cat lip tattoo!

Welcome to the future.

#22 prof_it_e

prof_it_e

(Pie).

• OG VIP
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 01:35 AM

Here's an excerpt from an interview with Stephen Harrod Buhner (author of "Plant Intelligence and the Imaginal Realm: Beyond the Doors of Perception into the Dreaming of Earth")..;

(Full text available from The Foundation for Gaian Studies).

"SML: It seems as though things are out of hand as we speak.

SB: We’re on a one way ticket to nowhere. There is no way technological culture can be made sustainable. Every time we take a piece of nature and transform it to support technology, the thing that we've taken is dead. And we don’t have the power to create more. We've already exceeded the restoration capacity of the Earth. We’re using up the wild “capital” produced by thousands of generations of life for a short-term burst of technological civilization. Then we’re basically screwed. The civilization will collapse, which can happen extremely rapidly -- history shows that it’s not usually a slow decline. One year is great and then two years later the thing is gone.

SML: It’s pretty depressing.

SB: If you totally believe in Gaia, if you truly understand what Gaia does and totally believe and have faith in her, then any short-term blip is just a short-term blip. My life isn't really that important, my culture isn't either. It’s the whole Gaian intelligence that’s important. Gaia is not endangered, the human species in danger. But the thing is, every single life form on Earth expressed out of Gaia to fulfill an ecological function -- including the human species. And what is that function? If you assume that Gaia doesn't make mistakes, and I assume that, then I have to ask, what if everything the human species is doing right now is in fact fulfilling its ecological function?

SML: In what way?

SB: People say human beings are like a cancer or a virus. . . well there’s one other thing that has the exact same growth curve and that’s mushroom spores. And if you look at the space probes we send out, they look exactly like bacterial spores or mushroom spores. And there’s no way those probes are sterile. Think about it -- the bacterial spores from which all life on Earth originally evolved are being taken into space and dropped everywhere. One of the early critics of James Lovelock’s Gaia hypothesis, Richard Dawkins, argued that Gaia wasn't alive because Gaia doesn't reproduce. But how could a man with an 80 year life span know what a 4.5 billion year old organism is capable of? Gaia learns over time and is always innovating. What if Gaia is reproducing? It took about a billion years for the bacterial membrane to form around the Earth and for Gaia to come into being. That’s a long time.

Now we humans have used a huge amount of the Earth’s resources to get where we are. But think about a plant in the fall when it’s setting seed, it begins to look kind of ragged and straggly, right? That’s because it’s using up all of its resources to set seed. What if Gaia is setting seed? What if we had to use Gaia’s stored resources to build the kind of technology (but it’s not new so don’t think it is, it’s all based on patterns already present in the Gaian ecosystem) to launch Earth’s bacteria into space, to other planets so it can germinate there? And think about it, all the time we want to go “up and out”. Even the ancients were fascinated with the solar system. And the whole Christian thing: “It’s out there! That’s where we have to go.” Why are we driven to go up and out? Because it’s part of our ecological function to do so. People think that this means some sort of Star Trek future. I’m not so sure. We are, as Bucky Fuller said, only throw away. It’s the bacteria we carry within us and from which we come that is important, from that all things are possible, new planetary life is possible."

ps; Time to share your thoughts Cat?

Edited by prof_it_e, 27 January 2016 - 01:39 AM.

• Myc and CatsAndBats like this

#23 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:51 AM

ps; Time to share your thoughts Cat?

Sure! I have a lil reading and such first! These mushies ain't going to spawn themselves!

#24 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 4,230 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

Alder Logs, on 26 Jan 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

Am I the only one who sees the higher Self using this whole matrix as a catalyst for awakening, allowing for any and all outcomes within the physical plane unfolding as they will? My body might just be another bug on the windshield of Kali Yuga, but I am not that body. Sat Yuga will come because it already is. It only has to be seen there in the illusion.

I worry about our kids, the future innocent psychonauts who could've been so brave and fearless and go farther than we ever could. I know you'll be around far longer than your body brother, and so will all the persistent spirit forces out there. We must merge and join up into blobs of consciousness like mercury. Thats what it feels like in the sensory deprivation chamber- flying through the stars.

Edited by riseabovethought, 27 January 2016 - 01:40 PM.

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

It is a Hell of a movie.  Maybe we shouldn't have brought the kids?  Such beauty and horror on the screen.  Fuck it, I bought the ticket. I am going to eat this popcorn and see how this turns out.  

• riseabovethought likes this

#26 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

future of mankind consists of the destroying of the ego mind and the banishment of those that

sustain the negatives.

What negatives....

the actions by some beings that is not acceptable to the masses, when the masses are individually

confronted by such actions and are analyzed on their perspective of said "action". 

^^^ what I mean by that ^^^

the law of conformity... "everybody's doing it"

its human nature(with the exception of almost everyone in forums like this) for people to

conform with what the "rest" are doing.  This has been proven time and time again with shows like this.

They have reproduced this experiment MANY MANY TIMES.   People are predictable. 

[Direct Link]

in other words... people feel more comfortable doing what others have already done or

what others are currently doing.   this is OLD NEWS. 

The state of LIVING is all that needs to be known, 

It doesnt matter what someone labels what, or what someone believes, what matters

is simply that everyone understands that we are all together and here and we are all as ONE,

nothing separate about us at all, we merely have unique specifics to differentiate

one another, but we are not separate at all.  

The world will progress to still level, why?  Because

1- I said so.

2- I have more confidence that it will be so

3- I feel that I need to over power the lower vibrations of others(this in turns increases their vibes)

4- Others will realize my high energy and good fortune and will want to the same for themselves

5- People realize how easy it is to change their lives simply with THOUGHT.

(money never helped anyone become happy or anything... money or THINGS are not the answers to anything,

but thats not to say that desire is a BAD THING, for desire is reward for life and the NOW aka PRESENTs lol,

if you think otherwise, ill wager that your lazy and have very low quality of persistence and due diligence,

those are all that is required to change anything)

Dont get me wrong, I do agree that we have been hindered to such a state of "hopelessness"

that most people feel it to be the norm and they know nothing different.

What I haev to say in response to that is...

Those that give in to this notion of hopelessness and that humanity has reached a point of no

return are only giving merit to the idea that MAYBE THAT IS TRUE...

Its only becomes reality when everyone thinks it to be so, but just thinking it to be so doesnt make it RIGHT

or CORRECT.

(People thought for 1000s of years that eclipses were magic and mystical, now they might be

wonderfully beautiful, but eclipses are far from mysterious magic... please lol)  

Ive said this before,

It only takes 1% of a population to start a change in the tides.

thats 3.2million americans or 10 millions indians or 10million chinese....

WELL... image that only ONE of those places reaches that 1%, all the others that

have not reached 1% yet will notice the change happening "across the pond" and

will usually want the same and match those desires.

to butcher a good quote I know..

"it only takes a few good people to do NOTHING for everything to fall"  

^^^ truest quote I know  

why?  because those kinda people, those GOOD PEOPLE, are the ones that need not be shy

or timid but instead should stand tall and have confidence in retribution from those that attempt

to darken this world we all share.

I know I stand as so and most people fucking are PISSED AS WHOLE HELL at me for it

and a lot of people really dont get alone with me because i am so happy all the time.

Those that are miserable and upset with whatever it is they are upset with, usually

loath those that are of higher energy and always in cheerful spirits because they simply

know all that there is to know, "Life and be happy for happiness and life will only follow"(my quote lol)

ive learned about the universal laws about... 8 years ago, just after I graduated high school.

I learned about money and currency and how it flows thru the world.

I learned about PTB

I learned about the laws of attraction(which are one of the universal laws)

(ive never read the secret though or seen Avatar... so many people suggest that I should read

that book and see that movie for they both represent so much of everything I believe in with 

all  my body and heart)

and I will tell you this with god damn certainty...

Before I realized these simple truths and before I "woke up", I was known to everyone

as someone that ALWAYS HAS A SMILE ON and is always in a good mood, literally ALWAYS.

After I read all this jive and after I "woke up", I didnt change much, besides I started putting

out even more high vibes of energy to everyone around me.

People love to look for arguments, some people LIKE arguments and instigate them.  

I find that whenever im confronted with such a being and whenever they are

all pissy about WHATEVER, I always find myself never feeding their negative energy,

fully respecting their pain or views or whatever, and merely pushing out higher energy

and NOT letting them pull ME DOWN.

now, those of you that haev been in these same situations, I bet for damn sure you will agree 

with me when I say...

"those people that are pissy, and fail you pull you down to their level and your just insistently

happy and cheery, those people usually get EVEN MORE MAD OR PISSY before

they get better and happier"

Its not rocket science and its not some mysterious GOD or SPIRIT

or whatever the hell people want to call and LABEL something in order to better suit

their belief or agenda that forms this world and space we live in.

IT IS US that create this space,

WE ARE GODS and GODDESSES.

The sooner people realize that the gods and goddesses have been WITHIN OURSELVES

for ETERNITY, the sooner people will stop giving merit to make believe shadows and

evil structures.   

Dark is the absence of LIGHT, meaning dark doesnt exist but only in the lacking of light..

DONT LET GO OF THE LIGHT AND DARKNESS IS NEVER HERE...

^^^ the whole meriting evils and forgetting about the basics.

To finish...

Love and Light,

Keep it simple.

back to basics everyone...  back to basics. 

(^^ Dont confuse the basics as a regression of modern advancements... thats way off base for what i mean)

recommended books.

one straw revolution(farming book, but is much more then that)

http://www.amazon.co...hings of a yogi

IMO.. read as much as you can, to get the insights of many minds.

Epiphanies will follow in your mind as you progress to greater awareness and opening

your eyes. 

Edited by Il19z8rn4li1, 27 January 2016 - 03:22 PM.

• Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#27 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,698 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:18 PM

It is a Hell of a movie.  Maybe we shouldn't have brought the kids?  Such beauty and horror on the screen.

That's the understatement of Eternity.

Fuck it, I bought the ticket. I am going to eat this popcorn and see how this turns out.

Me too, but sometimes I think that's only because I haven't found the Customer Service window where I can request a refund yet.

Of course, it's probably not ideal to be thinking about this topic on the same day (today) that my mom emails me that someone found one of my cousins stuffed in a freezer (with her dog, too), that she'd probably been there for 2+ months, and that it was her son who had shot her and put her in it (he blew his brains out a few days before her body was found). We weren't very close, but I remember her well and she was around a lot when I was a kid (she was much older than I am and lives on the other side of the country so I hadn't spoken to her in a few years; my mom's the youngest of 6, so I have a LOT of cousins spanning an impressive age-range and nothing like this has ever happened in the family before).

I suspect that that sort of thing is going to be on the rise big-time as the temporal insanity keeps expanding while we have no cohesive culture giving us a framework for dealing with it psychologically/spiritually (e.g. how to get our heads right, in order to both deal with the horror when it drops by for a visit as well as to have enough awareness and control over our own behavior to not do something horrible when we're angry/stressed/scared/etc.). The fact that her son committed suicide suggests he wasn't a psychopath or sociopath, just another person who melted his brain on too many bad drugs (apparently).

If we're lucky, we manage to pick up some hints and tips about how to tolerate existence (and perhaps even occasionally enjoy ourselves) along the way. Ideally, they become our point of departure for exploring consciousness and awareness in a deep/meaningful way. I got very lucky in discovering the magic of mushrooms when I did (back in High School), and shudder to think of how things would have probably gone had I not.

It sure is weird to be living in a civilization that is itself arguably a crime against humanity (among other entities). At least I won't be too tore up about watching it burn itself to the ground in the coming years (more than 10, but fewer than 50. My money's on this show's final Act taking place sometime around 2030-2040, but things will get rather intense well-before then). We'll know it's getting close when we have to switch from munching popcorn as we watch it to roasting marshmallows over it.

Edited by TVCasualty, 27 January 2016 - 03:24 PM.

• prof_it_e likes this

#28 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 03:46 PM

its human nature

^^^ sheep need shepherds.

Would a true wolf pack alpha kick out the omega wolf (lowest ranking in pack order)? No, methinks not. Social animals need to be led, they crave it. They crave order and discipline. I'm reminded every day by my dog. She is my world, and I love her immensely. Could she run my pack? Fuck no. She's not suited to run a pack. She needs to be led. If I bring her to a dog park, she follows there too, it's her place in the pecking order.

I feel that we are the exceptional (non-conformists) members of society, the leaders, the innovators, the ones that don't follow blindly. That's why we lead the pack. Conformity is absolutely fine overall... somebody had to build the infrastructure/plow/etc.

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:14 PM

read as much as you can

Who needs books when you write posts that long?

#30 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 04:57 PM

its human nature

^^^ sheep need shepherds.

Would a true wolf pack alpha kick out the omega wolf (lowest ranking in pack order)? No, methinks not. Social animals need to be led, they crave it. They crave order and discipline. I'm reminded every day by my dog. She is my world, and I love her immensely. Could she run my pack? Fuck no. She's not suited to run a pack. She needs to be led. If I bring her to a dog park, she follows there too, it's her place in the pecking order.

I feel that we are the exceptional (non-conformists) members of society, the leaders, the innovators, the ones that don't follow blindly. That's why we lead the pack. Conformity is absolutely fine overall... somebody had to build the infrastructure/plow/etc.

Absolutely view the same.

And as long as those leaders stay timid in the society, those egotistical thrive from the merit

of the "sheeple/chattle" 

Stand tall and take the reigns to steer the path of humanities future. 

Just remember... what is the most important is NOW.  its called a PRESENT for a reason ;)

^^^worrying or being concerned with a "perceived future" conflicts with the process of concentrating

on the NOW, which is the only viable way to effect the "future"

^^ like that lol

read as much as you can

Who needs books when you write posts that long?

I type fast, unfortunately thats where most of my horrible grammar and misspellings stem from lol,

so i guess thats not necessarily considered "fasting typing" lol

#31 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:03 PM

Yeah but time will have to do as a measurement for now.

#32 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• Expired Member
  • 3,659 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 05:09 PM

new post because for some reason the quote and trying to insert a copy and paste into

an Edited posts just messes up all the quoted peoples' names..... stupid...

It is a Hell of a movie.  Maybe we shouldn't have brought the kids?  Such beauty and horror on the screen.

That's the understatement of Eternity.

Fuck it, I bought the ticket. I am going to eat this popcorn and see how this turns out.

Me too, but sometimes I think that's only because I haven't found the Customer Service window where I can request a refund yet.

Of course, it's probably not ideal to be thinking about this topic on the same day (today) that my mom emails me that someone found one of my cousins stuffed in a freezer (with her dog, too), that she'd probably been there for 2+ months, and that it was her son who had shot her and put her in it (he blew his brains out a few days before her body was found). We weren't very close, but I remember her well and she was around a lot when I was a kid (she was much older than I am and lives on the other side of the country so I hadn't spoken to her in a few years; my mom's the youngest of 6, so I have a LOT of cousins spanning an impressive age-range and nothing like this has ever happened in the family before).

I suspect that that sort of thing is going to be on the rise big-time as the temporal insanity keeps expanding while we have no cohesive culture giving us a framework for dealing with it psychologically/spiritually (e.g. how to get our heads right, in order to both deal with the horror when it drops by for a visit as well as to have enough awareness and control over our own behavior to not do something horrible when we're angry/stressed/scared/etc.). The fact that her son committed suicide suggests he wasn't a psychopath or sociopath, just another person who melted his brain on too many bad drugs (apparently).

If we're lucky, we manage to pick up some hints and tips about how to tolerate existence (and perhaps even occasionally enjoy ourselves) along the way. Ideally, they become our point of departure for exploring consciousness and awareness in a deep/meaningful way. I got very lucky in discovering the magic of mushrooms when I did (back in High School), and shudder to think of how things would have probably gone had I not.

It sure is weird to be living in a civilization that is itself arguably a crime against humanity (among other entities). At least I won't be too tore up about watching it burn itself to the ground in the coming years (more than 10, but fewer than 50. My money's on this show's final Act taking place sometime around 2030-2040, but things will get rather intense well-before then). We'll know it's getting close when we have to switch from munching popcorn as we watch it to roasting marshmallows over it.

wow.. sorry about that TV, thats pretty intense no doubt.

bad drugs with a matching mind to not be able to handle them or even grasp them is a bad mixture.

Like you said, a country with a lacking cohesive culture that imo is ever lessening. 

I feel the shit is going to hit the fan within the next 10-15 years, before 2030. 

I think this, only because there is massive pressure on space agencies with the

added competition that SpaceX has brought to the table, returning their

stage 1 rocket back to the launch pad.   Once we are more openly going to space

and traveling outside this planet, things are gunna  change. 

I can only view this not happening, if Elon Musk happens to disappear by

some PTB... and his companies dissolved.

dont forget about his other companies...

SolarCity and Tesla... all going against the "grain" 

#33 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:15 PM

Well, I for one like Joe Rogan "usually", but in the that video clip I think he's full of shit.

He takes his opinion "I think a city from high up in space looks like mold on a sandwich" and essentially assumes that how anyone would see it. Many look at city's and think they are beautiful. The personal opinion matters not.

So...

10 years. Mind machine interfaces are the latest craze, and hobbyists are starting companies using the latest technologies to enhance their own mental as well as spiritual insight. Recycling technology has really taken off, and now nearly 98% of all user waste is recycled. New alternate energies developed by young entrepreneurs are starting to crack the hold the oiligarchies have on the world.

50 years: energy has become freely available to the entire human race and lifespans are now being extended indefinitely. The ban on transhumans (who are part machine and can live indefinitely) for having more than three children is still in place, but human kind is now finally colonizing the solar system. Interstellar space travel is being seriously persued by many competing companies and nation states in a final gasp to remain relevant in world that is now "beyond the earth".

100 years: time no longer matters, and 100 years from what? An arbitrary year on just one of the many planets that are now populated with eternals who have now full control of their own evolution.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 27 January 2016 - 10:16 PM.

#34 prof_it_e

prof_it_e

(Pie).

• OG VIP
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:03 AM

...Of course, it's probably not ideal to be thinking about this topic on the same day (today) that my mom emails me that someone found one of my cousins stuffed in a freezer (with her dog, too), that she'd probably been there for 2+ months, and that it was her son who had shot her and put her in it (he blew his brains out a few days before her body was found)...

Sorry to hear that TVC; sending positive vibes your way.

#35 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

This motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,221 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

Agreed, @tvcasualty, you have my sympathies.

#36 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2016 - 07:23 AM

...Of course, it's probably not ideal to be thinking about this topic on the same day (today) that my mom emails me that someone found one of my cousins stuffed in a freezer (with her dog, too), that she'd probably been there for 2+ months, and that it was her son who had shot her and put her in it (he blew his brains out a few days before her body was found)...

Sorry to hear that TVC; sending positive vibes your way.

Very sorry to hear that TV.  There is such evil... Sometimes so overwhelming.  I too send you good and hopefully healing vibes.

#37 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2016 - 04:48 PM

I wrote a couple things here in which I was trying to be profound.  Now I haven't a clue what they were.  I thought I was Shiva, but it turns out, that was Zen_.

• prof_it_e likes this

#38 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 January 2016 - 06:58 PM

No harm done Alder, I thought I responded to your post but its gone, and probably for the best.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 28 January 2016 - 06:59 PM.

• prof_it_e and Alder Logs like this

#39 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,698 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:43 AM

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Death is an unavoidable aspect of existence and accepting it at that level is one thing, but what still gets to me about it manifesting in this particular way is the infuriating senselessness of it. It induces an impotent, seething rage that takes a while to dissipate. Well, not entirely impotent; I try to teach basic self-defense and situational awareness to anyone who expresses an interest since someone intending to do us harm usually goes out of their way to make sure we're alone at the time.

I posted about that here because I suspect that an increasing incidence of that sort of thing (along with rising suicide rates) is going to be an integral part of our future, at least so long as we maintain our present heading (and velocity).

And unless we change course drastically, and soon, then "The Future" has already been written:

[Direct Link]

Things are going to slide
Slide in all directions
Won't be nothing
Nothing you can measure anymore

The blizzard
The blizzard of the world
Has crossed the threshold
And it's overturned the order of the soul

• prof_it_e, riseabovethought and Respect The Tools like this

#40 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

All things come to a head at the crossroads of change, the crossroads of choice.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!