6 replies to this topic

#1 Spudman85

Spudman85

Co-pilot!

• OG VIP
  • 84 posts

Donator

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:51 PM

So lately this past year I've had the privilege of experimenting with an extract that I would like to share with all of you.
It started with dosing with my co pilot who is extremely knowledgeable in this area so I felt super comfortable taking it. For me, it's a pretty important detail to feel good about my surroundings and company and dosing with this guy has always been a great experience.

My buddy is a sort of jack of all trades including distilling very potent alcohol on par if not exceeding an everclear potency.

We had dosed a few times before hand and was I starting to feel more comfortable with increase my doses. Little did I know that this extract would be one of thee single most spiritual experiences of my life.
He had mentioned to me earlier that week that he had made an alcohol (we call it rocket fuel) and was wanting to introduce me to the world of extracting psylocibine.

So basically here was my experience.
He had ground up several grams of mushies and had put them in a mason jar. He then added the alcohol to almost cover the ground up mushies, maybe a little above the mushies.
We let the brew sit for a few hours and then strained the mushies out to leave just the alcohol with all the good stuff extracted into the brew.

Since the alcohol was extremely potent he had decided to kinda water it down a bit and then added some cranberry juice.
The moment to dose was at hand.
We had both taken equal amounts and waited for things to come on.
Here was the good part.
The wait was extremely short! Instead of waiting 30-45 minutes, I started to get the teary eyed yawns in around 5-10. Within 15 I was already starting to see geometrical shapes and everything was extremely vivid.
The whole experience lasted about 3 1/2-4 hours and was full of visual bliss and a lot of questions being answered.
The best part was a lot of the usual side effects had almost disappeared. Although I did purge from the intensity of the experience, the gut rot and usual icky come down time was actually not there.

This whole experience started around 8pm and was in bed sleeping like a baby by 12:30
And the next day I felt amazing! Almost like a reset button had been pressed in my mind.
I highly suggest trying it if you have the means.
  • cap'n cube, coorsmikey, Coopdog and 7 others like this

#2 coorsmikey

coorsmikey

(~);}

• App Administrator
  • 2,823 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 January 2016 - 01:12 AM

That is my favorite way to fly is alcohol extracts. It's hard to go back to eating straight shrooms after finding a good extract recipe. Your story remind me of a buddy that I shared some extract with one time. Shortly after the come on he took off and didn't come back and I just figured he got lost staring at the wallpaper in the restroom, cuz for me the extract had hit me pretty hard. After a couple of hours I went to check on him and found him passed out cold. I was like how the fuck could someone sleep through this shit? Still baffles me to this day how someone could sleep through a ride like that. That fucker left me flying the ship solo that night. So yeah I know those extracts can be some good stuff. Sure would like to get my hands on that airplane gas so I can get a proper extract going myself.image.jpeg

Edited by coorsmikey, 31 January 2016 - 01:17 AM.

• cap'n cube and Spudman85 like this

#3 Spudman85

Spudman85

Co-pilot!

• OG VIP
  • 84 posts

Donator

Posted 31 January 2016 - 02:32 AM

I've been there before.
Hard to say if he was either passed out or in a state of such euphoria that he had to head to the engine room to make sure the engine was running smoothly.
In my case it was a state of almost dream like reality.
Didn't know quite how to handle it so I had to reset the stabilizers to make sure the ship made a safe touch down. :)
  • cap'n cube likes this

#4 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,234 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2016 - 09:46 AM

The interesting thing here is the shortness of the time you left the mushrooms in the alcohol. Psilocybin is only mildly soluble in ethenol, while it is highly soluble in water. No doubt most of your actives remained in the mushroom mass you filtered out.

The problem with water extraction is that water contains disolved oxygen which will destroy an entire bottle of active Psilocin in minutes, but not Psilocybin. The key is simple: before adding your mushies, boil your water for 10 minutes to remove oxygen, put in a pinch of pickling lime to basify the water (acid converts Psilocybin to Psilocin), and then simmer your actives for a half hour to an hour, do a couple of squeeze filters of the material before throwing out.

Then, when you are ready to use, dump in the lemon juice and honey and gulp it down.

I assure you, you will have a wonderful load free ride.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 27 February 2016 - 09:48 AM.

• niemandgeist, fuzzyfunguy, Liquidmetal22 and 3 others like this

#5 truMushrooms

truMushrooms

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 12:58 AM

The interesting thing here is the shortness of the time you left the mushrooms in the alcohol. Psilocybin is only mildly soluble in ethenol, while it is highly soluble in water. No doubt most of your actives remained in the mushroom mass you filtered out.

The problem with water extraction is that water contains disolved oxygen which will destroy an entire bottle of active Psilocin in minutes, but not Psilocybin. The key is simple: before adding your mushies, boil your water for 10 minutes to remove oxygen, put in a pinch of pickling lime to basify the water (acid converts Psilocybin to Psilocin), and then simmer your actives for a half hour to an hour, do a couple of squeeze filters of the material before throwing out.

Then, when you are ready to use, dump in the lemon juice and honey and gulp it down.

I assure you, you will have a wonderful load free ride.

thanks for that recipe, I had heard of lime helping convert the actives into a more digestible drink.

will give this a try soon.

spudman the alcohol your friend is brewing sounds awesome haha

• coorsmikey likes this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,234 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2016 - 04:08 PM

No! The lime (not the green fruit, but the white pickling powder) is a preservative only!!! It is to keep any psilocybin from converting to psilocin, and may possibly convert any psilocin "back" into the more stable psilocybin.

This is so you can make the tea up to take with you somewhere where it is not really easy to make the tea (middle of the woods say). Although I have used a camp stove to make tea in the woods, do you really want to lug all that with you on a day hike?

Keep it in a water bottle. And then, when your ready, dump in your lemon juice, and guzzle it down. Make sure the bottle is full to the very top (no air), and make sure if you top it off, you use water that has been boiled so the oxygen is out!

When your friends ask what that brownish water is your drinking, just smile!

Brown = good
Blue = bad!

The breakdown components of psylocin are blue, if your water is blue, you are losing actives! I know from experience.

Keep the bottle in your day pack away from sunlight too!

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 20 March 2016 - 04:09 PM.

#7 pastyoureyes

pastyoureyes

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 351 posts

Donator

Posted 20 March 2016 - 06:52 PM

I've been getting a real kick out of mixing powdered mushies in with my espresso. I throw the powder in the grinder with the beans to mix everything real well then pull the shot like normal. Try it out if you are a coffee drinker.

• Spudman85 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!