• Juthro and Heirloom Spores like this

#2 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/|\( ;,;)/|\ & [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 7,293 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 08:53 AM

You have a better chance of becoming president IMO. That guy can't have his finger on the button, he can't even control his 'button finger' on twitter! I think it's hilarious personally.

• oneeye1 likes this

#3 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,325 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:06 AM

I was in a store a while back and a meth head I know ( before he got into meth ) blurted out that he would vote for Trump if he could vote anymore. I also heard someone say" where is Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him" .

This race has provided a few laughs though.

Attached Thumbnails

• Trump.jpg

• Alder Logs, Juthro and CatsAndBats like this

#4 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,886 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:38 AM

Geez, the Daily News shouldn't be so timid, holding back on their editorial opinions!

• Juthro likes this

#5 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

/|\( ;,;)/|\ & [^._.^]ノ彡

• OG VIP
  • 7,293 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:14 PM

That's how we roll on the BEAST coast!

I love the "sanders rolls over hil"

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,430 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:05 PM

it's the eight year stretch, time for the comedians to go to work.

• riseabovethought likes this

#7 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,394 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:30 PM

Geez, the Daily News shouldn't be so timid, holding back on their editorial opinions!

At least they got the facts straight....

EDIT:   Alder, I realized that FFS isn't in yours and Psy's acronym list.    FFS is an acronym for,"For Fucks sake!"

Edited by Juthro, 10 February 2016 - 01:35 PM.

• MycoDani, Myc, coorsmikey and 1 other like this

#8 oneeye1

oneeye1

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 268 posts

Donator

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

You have a better chance of becoming president IMO. That guy can't have his finger on the button, he can't even control his 'button finger' on twitter! I think it's hilarious personally.

Oh it s funny in a fuck me kind of way
Only in america i think the saying goes

#9 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,184 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

I cannot believe that Queen Hillary will get more delegates than Sanders in NH after his massive landslide victory. The super-delegate system America uses is fucked up.
http://dailycaller.c...ers-after-loss/
  • Coopdog and riseabovethought like this

#10 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,886 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

I guess there is more than one way to steal an election.

Edited by Alder Logs, 10 February 2016 - 04:44 PM.

#11 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,325 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 February 2016 - 06:06 PM

the electoral college makes for a partial democracy at best

• Coopdog and riseabovethought like this

#12 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,141 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 February 2016 - 01:45 AM

I guess there is more than one way to steal an election.

My favorite is the the 2000 selection when, as Senate leader, Al Gore presided over and approved of the theft of his own apparent victory. That's really taking the whole bi-partisan thing seriously. 

The argument that the two parties should represent opposed ideals and policies... is a foolish idea. Instead, the two parties should be almost identical, so that the American people can throw the rascals out at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. Then it should be possible to replace it, every four years if necessary, by the other party which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies. - Carroll Quigley (author of Tragedy and Hope: A History of the World In Our Time and mentor to Bill Clinton)

[Direct Link]

Edited by August West, 11 February 2016 - 02:22 AM.

#13 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

I enjoy the comedy for sure, but the actually effect of who wins is far from effecting me or my area.

You know...

I have long been wanting to open up a website that involving EXTREME SECURITY and only deals

with WORLD ISSUES and it allows people to vote on said WORLD ISSUES.

In order for your vote to count though, youd have to pay 10 cents to cast 1 vote. 

People would have to use their facebook accounts or google accounts in order to log in, this way

it can be determined who that being is and google makes it easy to link accuonts together

and back track shit, all of which I believe could be automated by some epic coding, way beyond my

skill set.

But think about it.

a website that involves voting on world issues or world leaders.

Id find it absolutely useful when determining whether the
government run polls are rigged or not, which I highly believe they are rigged to all hell. 

I had a buddy that expressed this idea to me, and I have since turned it into a goal and idea of my own as well now.

He said he has tried to open up a few sites dealing with voting stuff... but added that the sites were closed down

for some unknown reason shortly after he launches the site.

Strange nonetheless lol, makes me intrigued and wanting to give it a try myself hahah

• Myc and Heirloom Spores like this

#14 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,327 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:45 PM

I cannot believe that Queen Hillary will get more delegates than Sanders in NH after his massive landslide victory. The super-delegate system America uses is fucked up.
http://dailycaller.c...ers-after-loss/

Agreed. These can be bought, and usually are, thereby allowing the establishment party to control who gets nominated despite the will of the people. Completly unconstitutional in my humble opinion.

Then we end up with a choice between tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum, with that crypt keeper guy holding them both up.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 12 February 2016 - 04:51 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

#15 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,086 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 10:41 AM

You know...

I have long been wanting to open up a website that involving EXTREME SECURITY and only deals

with WORLD ISSUES and it allows people to vote on said WORLD ISSUES.

This idea, I like. I've pondered it myself a few times.

If we can vote for our favorite singer on "american idol", if some dork can tweet to the world every time they fart or have a random thought..........

Why can the individual not express their opinion on political candidates? The electoral college system is wwwwaaaaaaayyyyyy out-dated when we have such new technology. It's just complex Gerrymandering (which is just both apparent "sides" playing to the middle).

I realize that the system is rife with opportunities for corruption

But the concept is worth considering. Seriously.

I've also thought of the civil service aspect. - Like jury duty - In our modern day society, jury duty is treated in a punitive way. Few people are happy to be summoned for jury selection. All public service positions should hold this type of appeal - after all, you're volunteering to serve the public - as a servant. 

• Il19z8rn4li1 and Skywatcher like this

#16 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,814 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

If you watch a few episodes of The Apprentice, it'll make you like Trump more.  He's rich, yes, but the hope is it may put his 'get rich' motives on the back burner a bit.  Bush wasnt nearly as rich before he went into office and neither was Cheney.  Therefore, they were mostly interested in getting richer and steering all the contracts to their buddies.  I'm hoping Trump doesnt do quite as much of that, and also instead of having the same ol crowd at the helm, maybe put some smart people in office again, who might help us in some indirect way.  Hillary will be same ol politics as usual.  One thing I think about Trump, after watching a marathon of his show, is that he carefully attempts to reward smart clever real world problem solving.  If he brings this to the white house, we will be in for a real treat after what we've been subject to for so many successive repeated disasters.  Wow- this is funny- Im the optimistic one.  lol    

• Il19z8rn4li1, SteampunkScientist, happy4nic8r and 1 other like this

#17 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,086 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 11:32 AM

I've always felt that "The Apprentice" was actually grooming for Trump's entry into something larger.

The guy has failed at business - repeatedly, failed at relationships - repeatedly........

It's like having Arnold Schwarzenegger or Jesse Ventura or Ronald Reagan or (insert popular entertainer's name here - I'm sure I've missed a few)

Why not Johnny Galecki? I've always liked him on Rosanne and Big Bang Theory.

• Il19z8rn4li1 likes this

#18 riseabovethought

riseabovethought

innerspace explorer

• App Administrator
  • 3,814 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 01:00 PM

So, they take a group of a bunch of smart MFs and make them compete selling lemonade or another small biz.  Im watching one right now where its a group of college grads against a group of street smart non- college grads.  The interesting part is that the non- college grads have a net worth 3 times that of all the college grads, and the non- collge grads are kicking their asses too!  Even Trump said it makes him rethink his faith in higher education.  They fire the one who contributes the least to the losing team's task.  I like how he carefully picks the worst one, and isnt just randomly firing people, like some who never saw it might assume. 

Hey Myc, 

I gotta say I LOVE(d) Jesse Ventura -as Gov!  Ronald Reagan - Not so much.  But I get yer point.  And hey whats a life- long politician anyway- a real good liar who doesnt mind screwing over most of his voters for the benefit of a few rich companies behind the scenes?  I think we've had enough of that...But thats just the optimist in me, hoping for the best.  Something tells me we're screwed regardless, like usual.  Aint it great?  Dont worry, Im not voting, just choosing, instead of just bitching, to try hopefulness this time around.  On the downside, he could just take all those contracts, like Bush and Cheney did.    

Edited by riseabovethought, 13 February 2016 - 01:11 PM.

• sedaeng likes this

#19 Il19z8rn4li1

Il19z8rn4li1

Green Thumb Blue Thumb

• OG VIP
  • 3,658 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 02:55 PM

Something tells me we're screwed regardless, like usual.  Aint it great?  Dont worry, Im not voting, just choosing, instead of just bitching, to try hopefulness this time around.  On the downside, he could just take all those contracts, like Bush and Cheney did.    

NOOOOOOOO lol 

Dont have HOPE and dont GIVE UP.

Simply KNOW and it will be .

:)  we need more people just KNOWING that IT IS CHANGING and not that its GOING to change...

f that noise...

its changing now :)

PS,

Im talking with a buddy now about that voting website.

I think im going to start it up lol  

I'll toss a few hundred ticket at it in order to get it out there.

Imagine... it spreads thru facepage and the social media outlets and takes off :)

Might make a few extra tickets all the while having a steady poll of who wants to vote for WHO.

BUT... the thing im thinking of..

Is that for instance.

Say the Presidential Election is of a primary concern

Each person running, would have to have a LIVE UPDATED banner that explains their

main notions, goals, and desires and what they are planning to do for the people.

But also making sure to include EVERYTHING about them.. the GOOD and the BAD, totally

NON biased.

have this be done for around the world since it will be a website.

Have all the main elections of the world that would for sure change the worlds future outcome.

Maybe expose the corruption of the voting system we currently have?? lol

Id wager it might. 

• riseabovethought likes this

#20 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,325 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 04:43 PM

Was it Joseph Stalin who said " it doesn't matter who they vote for , its who counts the votes ".

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!