#1 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,470 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 February 2016 - 09:57 PM

Phoebe Cates, a beautiful actress who tantalized everyone in Fast Times at Ridgemont High including a young Sean Penn. She retired from movies and films in 1994 after her marriage to actor Kevin Klein, She did so like many 5 years after her marriage to raise her children. God is she beautiful. I loved the Drop Dead Fred Film with Carrie Fisher, And Gremlins 1 and 2 and Princess Caraboo. Her strange roll in Date with an Angel was cute.   She is currently 52 and was married to Klein in 1989 when she was 25 and Kline was 42. Shocked many but they are still together now and married for 27-years. Her films Paradise and Private School were coming of age films well done at the time and without the trashy Jewish bathroom humour (as my grandma referred to such) that is in the Franco, Will Farrell, Seth McFarland, Joe and Seth Rogen kind of movies and the Hangover trash film humor of today. Check her out here. Ridgemont High also had several other actors who became big stars at one time or another. Jennifer Jason Leigh, Judge Reinhold, Ray Walston of My Favorite Martian, Nicolas Cage (no one remembers him in the film), Forest Whitaker, Eric Stoltz, Anthony Edwards, Taylor Negron, James Russo, Amanda Wyse and Kelli Maroney (Night of the Comet). All these actors were like the Breakfast Club crowd and the Outsiders and seveal other team films. They all made dozens of films. And many today still are in films and others retired or passed away maybe.

This is a beautiful image of her.  

How do I make this appear as a large image without clicking on the image to enlarge it.  I normally use Attach File and click Choose File, and then I attach the file and add it to the post., but it opens up small while I see other posts where the images are large?

PhoebeGatesWhoMarriedKevinKline-1.jpeg

Edited by Myc, 14 February 2016 - 09:16 AM.

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,898 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

I don't know where she is today, but this seems like a good place to put the GIF that SharkieJones used to use as his avatar featuring one of her most iconic moments in cinema history.

He hasn't logged in in 4+ years, but I still feel kinda bad about accidentally losing his favorite avatar way back when I was a mod and had the ability to screw things up behind the scenes, lol. By the time I tracked it down (I like to clean up my own messes) he had stopped logging in. Oh well...

Anyway, this thread reminded me of it and if he ever comes back he might just find it...

post-102948-0-42599600-1455561071.gif

Classic7.gif

• Alder Logs and Heirloom like this

#3 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,470 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:45 PM

I don't know where she is today, but this seems like a good place to put the GIF that Sharkie Jones used to use as his avatar featuring one of her most iconic moments in cinema history.

He hasn't logged in in 4+ years, but I still feel kinda bad about accidentally losing his favorite avatar way back when I was a mod and had the ability to screw things up behind the scenes, lol. By the time I tracked it down (I like to clean up my own messes) he had stopped logging in. Oh well...

Anyway, this thread reminded me of it and if he ever comes back he might just find it...

Thanks that was awesome.  I forgot about the scene.  Jennifer Connelly also did nude scenes in the film Paradise as a teen and a son of ministers are attacked in the middle east by Arabs and their parents are killed so they run through the desert from oasis to oasis and as they come of age, while avoiding the Arab prince who wants her for his concubine.harem chases them all the way to the coast. In the movie she tries flirting with this kid a son of missionaries and he is so religious he thinks it is shameful to see a nude woman and she tries her best to find out why her body wants this geek kid to begin with.  A cool movie and hard to find, but she repeated her nudity in Hot Spot with Don Johnson and Virginia Madsen and Jennifer was hot. Of course she was in her twenties playing a teenager.  That is par for TV shows and teen movies where the teens are usually all in the early twenties playing 13-16-years-old girls.

post-102948-0-42599600-1455561071.gif

attachicon.gifClassic7.gif

#4 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,621 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

Wow she's 52 now. she should join us here.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!