25 replies to this topic

#1 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 191 posts

Donator

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:11 PM

PM me and I will tell you all the details. The price is $30 for 5 lbs of the exceptionally potent unwashed poppy seeds, available on Amazon.

How potent are these seeds? I drank a tea made from 1.5 cups (first wash only) and I was nodding for about 24 hours. 24 hours after dosing, my pupils were totally constricted and I still felt euphoric.

At the peak I was so high I was afraid to go to sleep, because I thought my body would forget to breathe on me. Lying down with my eyes closed, I was getting intense "Kublai Khan" opium visions (very different from hallucinogen visuals, don't read this the wrong way). All this from 1.5 cups of the seeds, which I estimate to be about 150-170 grams, and bear in mind I made no effort to achieve a complete extraction (in other words, I probably left a significant amount of alkaloid behind on the seeds, because I used a small amount of water and only one wash).

Also, if you're reading this thread many months from now, remember that any particular brand of poppy seeds tends to vary in terms of quality over time. In other words... get em while they're hot!!

Finally, a question for the botanists in the room... are these seeds likely to be biologically viable?

• reecetea likes this

#2 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:44 PM

I expect the seeds are quite viable. Plant some and verify. (Don't forget pictures...............we all love pictures)

• JustAnEyedea, Cybilopsin and Liquidmetal22 like this

#3 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 191 posts

Donator

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:46 AM

And how long will poppy seeds remain viable? Is it best to store them in a sealed container or unsealed? Fridge or room temperature?

It ain't planting season yet where I am - we still got about 2 months and change.

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:39 AM

I keep mine room temp, but dry and dark. In an airtight jar or baggie. I grew some last year after 3 years of storage in a drawer. I still had most of them germinate, so I would imagine they could last quite a few years.

#5 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:07 PM

They will last for years, keep them dry.

i would take two paper towels in a small storage container, and put a tsp full os seeds in between, wet them and in four days you should have a handful of sprouts which IMO are tastier and much more fun than alfalfalfa sprouts.

I plant mine on Memorial day and they usually flower on the 4th of July. (plant the whole package of sprouts with the paper towels).

• JustAnEyedea and Liquidmetal22 like this

#6 happy4nic8r

happy4nic8r

cyans rule!!

• OG VIP
  • 3,457 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

It's pretty amazing that they show sliced dripping poppies, in case anyone doesn't know or get the idea how to do that.

They have an amazing selection for something that's questionable legal, and then to actually show you drugs on tv? They must have nano-chips in them for finding you later.

#7 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:17 PM

Be careful with the seeds! Unlike the pods they can be unpredictable so drink your tea slowly. What worked once might be stronger than what your tolerance is.

I'm not against using poppies just be careful.

I would love to get my hands on some pods. I have seeds but those are for planting. ;)
  • niemandgeist and skunk like this

#8 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,537 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:07 PM

Be careful with the seeds! Unlike the pods they can be unpredictable so drink your tea slowly. What worked once might be stronger than what your tolerance is.

I'm not against using poppies just be careful.

I would love to get my hands on some pods. I have seeds but those are for planting. ;)

I've never done the seeds, myself, but I've heard from old real-life friends and have read enough about online experiences that you really, really can't know how potent this stuff will be until you try it.

So please, please start low and slow and be extra careful. When it comes to this sort of thing it can, for lots of people, be too easy to go overboard and throw caution to the wind. You can have a real good or a real bad time with this!

Be safe! :hug:

#9 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 191 posts

Donator

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:47 PM

Don't worry. These seeds are already so potent that when I make a tea, I basically take it one sip at a time. You can't get much more cautious than that unless you start involving a dropper :tinfoil:  . In other words, you don't have to worry that I'll overdo my dose, because I already know for a fact that they are frighteningly potent. I could easily off myself with these seeds and it wouldn't even be a lot of work :ohmy:

When I was using Fronteir brand seeds form the local health food store, I was making teas out of 5-10 times the amount of seeds, and still not even getting any effect sometimes. But since I bought these seeds based on reviews that said they were the best out there, I knew enough to take it easy on my first attempt. When I saw the water instantly turn cloudy and yellow-brown upon contact with the seeds I knew they were different. Then when I tasted that bitter taste like someone had dissolved 4 Tylenol pills into my water, I knew that shit was good so I only drank a fraction of what I had prepared. Good thing, too... now I know. It will probably only take me about 50 grams of seeds next time to get a small, manageable euphoria for creative work (with no tolerance - I never let myself build up a tolerance).

One thing I've noticed, the effects of these seeds last so long (24+ hours) that when I start to come down from just a single dose (again with no tolerance built up and many days since my last use), I experience what I'm assuming are very mild withdrawal symptoms - basically nausea and the inability to focus on anything important. Luckily sufficient ginger tea destroys the nausea. Damn - I never expected withdrawal symptoms could be experienced from a single dose of opiates with no tolerance.

Edited by Cybilopsin, 19 February 2016 - 06:53 PM.

• happy4nic8r likes this

#10 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2016 - 07:56 PM

Glad to know you know your limits! Some don't but you grasp the important stuff when it comes to poppies.

Good to hear.....Enjoy a cup for me. I only used pods for tea and I adored the taste so much lol.

Bitter pill to swallow but analgesic effects are excellent imo.

#11 stmhunter

stmhunter

stxsp

• Free Member
  • 570 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 12:12 PM

just how does a person go about making tea from seeds?

• Cybilopsin likes this

#12 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 191 posts

Donator

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

What people do is put the chosen amount of seeds into a quart jar (usually well under 1 cup considering the strength of these seeds), then I bring some water to a rolling boil and fill the quart jar about 3/4 of the way to the top. Then seal the lid on the jar and shake vigorously for about 3 minutes (5 at most). The water quickly turns cloudy and yellow/brown; a milky white appearance means you've soaked the seeds for too long. Once the tea looks nice and cloudy, I strain out the seeds with a fine tea strainer. The tea is strongly bitter - signalling the presence of alkaloids - but you quickly get used to it.

This is the basic recipe you will see everywhere for poppy seed tea, but there are many additions that people will make to try and achieve a stronger brew. For example: adding a little alcohol into the tea before shaking (like 1 shot of vodka), adding a little lemon juice or other acid ingredient, brewing multiple batches of tea with the same seeds, shaking for a longer time like 15 minutes. These are probably fine, but with strong enough seeds they aren't necessary at all. Also, be careful with shaking for too long. The alkaloids you're looking for are coated on the outside of the seed, not inside the seed. You want to soak long enough to wash this coating off the outside, but not so long that the seeds begin to absorb water themselves. If they do, they release a milky white latex into the water, and that stuff might make you sick. Plus, if the seeds are absorbing the water they're probably absorbing some of your alkaloids in the process - counterproductive. 4 minutes of constant shaking is enough time to make a strong tea

Edited by Cybilopsin, 07 March 2016 - 08:36 PM.

• rainbowsmurf likes this

#13 Cybilopsin

Cybilopsin

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 191 posts

Donator

Posted 07 March 2016 - 08:41 PM

By the way, I just checked and the most recent customer (from today, March 7th 2016) review of these seeds on Amazon says they are still "the most potent".

#14 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 April 2016 - 08:53 PM

Plant those puppies.... I mean, poppies.   :wink:

#15 fungi2bwith

fungi2bwith

cat-monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,519 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

The seeds from the source that Cybilopsin is talking about are extremely viable.....

I've acquired 3 lbs from said source, and after cold water extractions are done, I throw the seeds in my flower bed.....I have so many poppy sprouts now, possibly thousands.....

Needless to say.....they get my nod of approval....

• Shadow_Wing likes this

#16 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:16 PM

The seeds from the source that Cybilopsin is talking about are extremely viable.....

I've acquired 3 lbs from said source, and after cold water extractions are done, I throw the seeds in my flower bed.....I have so many poppy sprouts now, possibly thousands.....

Needless to say.....they get my nod of approval....

Sah-Weeeet!!!!  Pictures when they bloom?  I wuld love to see what they are.  Hard to say for certain based solely on color, but it gives me an idea.

Interested in a trade you may be,  Yeeeees  

#17 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:21 PM

I usually use 3 or 4 giganthium pods. Your tolerance must be low :) wanna trade ?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
  • Shadow_Wing likes this

#18 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:32 PM

I usually use 3 or 4 giganthium pods. Your tolerance must be low :) wanna trade ?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

What kind of gigantium?  You use 3-4 pods worth of seed, pods and seeds, or just the pods?  There's a large margin of potency between those. 

Edited by Shadow_Wing, 18 April 2016 - 03:34 PM.

#19 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 485 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

PM me and I will tell you all the details. The price is $30 for 5 lbs of the exceptionally potent unwashed poppy seeds, available on Amazon.

How potent are these seeds? I drank a tea made from 1.5 cups (first wash only) and I was nodding for about 24 hours. 24 hours after dosing, my pupils were totally constricted and I still felt euphoric.

At the peak I was so high I was afraid to go to sleep, because I thought my body would forget to breathe on me. Lying down with my eyes closed, I was getting intense "Kublai Khan" opium visions (very different from hallucinogen visuals, don't read this the wrong way). All this from 1.5 cups of the seeds, which I estimate to be about 150-170 grams, and bear in mind I made no effort to achieve a complete extraction (in other words, I probably left a significant amount of alkaloid behind on the seeds, because I used a small amount of water and only one wash).

Also, if you're reading this thread many months from now, remember that any particular brand of poppy seeds tends to vary in terms of quality over time. In other words... get em while they're hot!!

Finally, a question for the botanists in the room... are these seeds likely to be biologically viable?

OK< I'd say your seeds were from damaged pods (and therefore were coated in good old trusty opium latex...)... possibly storms could cause this to happen en-masse. Did the seeds tend to be sticky?

Usually seeds wouldnt blow a nappy off.

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,682 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

This sound sincerely nuts... :)
  • fungi2bwith likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!