#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2016 - 09:32 PM

thanks for sharing this tek , everyone should have a bottle for an emergency.

• skunk and Shadow_Wing like this

#22 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 6,892 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:03 AM

**Archive Material**

Extraneous comments will be removed prior to placing this thread in the vaults.

I've done some research and there are other threads - none near as comprehensive as this write-up/pictorial.

I have a strange take on this type of medicine.

Since "health care" is a total expensive joke designed to drain the finances of the ill, I advocate for the return of pre Civil War medicine. It is likely the only way we'll receive actual relief from our ailments as opposed to pursuing "health care" from doctors who are tied to the insurance paradigm.

Bravo and thanks for preserving this knowledge before it is lost to the common man.

• Tenderfoot, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 2 others like this

#23 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 6,953 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 09:48 PM

Great write up. Totally archive material.

I have one question. What dosage range do you recommend? Are we talking Tsps, Tbsps, ounces?

• Tenderfoot likes this

#24 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 13,868 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

I have one question. What dosage range do you recommend? Are we talking Tsps, Tbsps, ounces?

You mean, what starting dosage, right?   I bet it can grow on you.

• Myc, Skywatcher and Shadow_Wing like this

#25 Shadow_Wing

Shadow_Wing

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 533 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2016 - 01:37 AM

Great write up. Totally archive material.

I have a high tolerance (to opiates, not alcohol), so it's hard for me to say.  It depends on whether you want a nice pleasant feeling, or striving to be comatose. Last year my friend and I polished off a fifth.  I was pretty high, and he was....well, let's just say that the next day he said, "never again".  But, a nice one ounce shot on ice is sufficient to start off with. 

• Skywatcher and skunk like this

#26 JustAnEyedea

JustAnEyedea

Destroy Your Television

• Black VIP
  • 644 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

Thank you.

#27 scott_1971_h

scott_1971_h

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,556 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 July 2016 - 06:58 PM

Step 5)
This is the tricky part. The problem is this: we have a lot of water to evaporate. But at 85°C water takes ages to evaporate. My solution is to do relative small portions at a time. With a fan blowing dry air over the pots, effectively cooling the solution to safe temps. Stirring the solution also encourages steam. This way no part of the extract is exposed to boiling temps. Use large shallow pans.

Don’t let the extract get to thick. If it gets too thick, there is very little water left, so it can easily get too hot, ruining you alkaloids. You have to stop while you can still pour the extract as a liquid. Excess water will eventually be removed once the alcohol is added, they will separate.
For reference: you should have about 1 to 2 litres left. 

I am sure there must be much better ways to get water out of an extract. But this one is simple, only requires kitchen stuff, and a day off work. 
Maybe the handier types of folk would construct a vacuum rotation film evaporator of cause, which can evaporate at lower temp and with greater speed…

----------------------------------------------
...a warm itch that will surge along the spine until it hits the brain in a gentle explosion... ...and everything takes on the rosy hue of unlimited success; you can do nothing wrong; life is beautiful...
James F.

Step 5)
This is the tricky part. The problem is this: we have a lot of water to evaporate. But at 85°C water takes ages to evaporate. My solution is to do relative small portions at a time. With a fan blowing dry air over the pots, effectively cooling the solution to safe temps. Stirring the solution also encourages steam. This way no part of the extract is exposed to boiling temps. Use large shallow pans.

Don’t let the extract get to thick. If it gets too thick, there is very little water left, so it can easily get too hot, ruining you alkaloids. You have to stop while you can still pour the extract as a liquid. Excess water will eventually be removed once the alcohol is added, they will separate.
For reference: you should have about 1 to 2 litres left. 

I am sure there must be much better ways to get water out of an extract. But this one is simple, only requires kitchen stuff, and a day off work. 
Maybe the handier types of folk would construct a vacuum rotation film evaporator of cause, which can evaporate at lower temp and with greater speed…

...a warm itch that will surge along the spine until it hits the brain in a gentle explosion... ...and everything takes on the rosy hue of unlimited success; you can do nothing wrong; life is beautiful...
James F.

If you have any friends in HVAC, they'd have a vacuum pump. You may have one yourself. Caution about safety, and Im not sure what the temperature/pressure ratio. I'll leave the rest up to your capable hands...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!