Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Why the heck don't atoms "wear out," or experience entropy?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 ernestro

ernestro

minding matter

• Free Member
  • 680 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

If you break glass with glass, you end up with smaller pieces of glass. When you destroy previously-thought-as-fundamental particles, you get NEW fundamental particles:)

Is there an end, or is it a fractal? some say, we live in a fractal holographic universe. Hard to wrap you 3d brain around it. But the mind...maybe the mind can transform the matter of interest...so to speak.

But there definately is a component of "IT" you can learn by destroying stuff. Take a look a toddlers:) it's basic knowledge haha.

Build a tower, collapse a tower!(nah, no reference to the looney bogus are you crazy impossible theory of conspiracy here!)

It's one part of the duality of concepts..or ..the concept of duality, i meant to say. Exactly half. Ok, maybe not EXACTLY, if the symmetry is broken.

It's a difficult (original) question ... in my mind, it goes along with "why are we here? are constants constant? How the fuck is life possible only in this, OUR, fine-tuned universe? Is all this shit real? or am i in a fucking aliens video game? What graphics cards does he run...?

Well, googling gives: An atom is stable because of a balanced nucleus that does not contain excess energy. If the forces between the protons and the neutrons in the nucleus are unbalanced, then the atom is unstable. Stable atoms retain their form indefinitely, while unstable atoms undergo radioactive deca

But then...wTF is charge, mass, particle, wave, anything really, fabric of space%time?? Some particles attract the closer they are, the other the further they are i mean WTF.:) .. What's the underlying CODE?  does it matter? it's a trick. it's a trap. it's a treat. 

Overwhelming to me.

In a way...totally UNIMPORTANT.

but totally awesome and inspiring.

makes ya smile. and move.

be kind. and creative.

also don't forget to destroy, i mean, recycle, ...your garbage

• morfin-56 likes this

#22 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,236 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 February 2016 - 10:54 PM

TV, your Fnord link is going to a defunct discordian webpage...which when you think about it is just like Eris... ;)

#23 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:43 AM

TV, your Fnord link is going to a defunct discordian webpage...which when you think about it is just like Eris... ;)

Well damn, it was up only a few weeks ago...

Found it in the cache, though...

Attached File  FNORD.pdf   21.05KB   43 downloads

In any case, atoms sure are a trip.

#24 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,236 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:33 PM

To me the whole thing can be thought of as a giant infinitly flexible rubber sheet of absolute nothing, and it has all the "twists" in it that are the particles (see Alders "spirals" or voticies). So the energy is holding the twists which represents the potential energy that we interpret with our peice of consciousness as "mass". All phenomenon are created out of these twists and transfers between them.

It's like the god and goddess are painting this picture which we call "reality" for us, their children and we are learning to follow suit, while at the same time being part of all if it.

What'cha think of that?

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 22 February 2016 - 06:34 PM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#25 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

Rubber sheet of nothing.  Sometimes it makes my brain hurty to think.  

The boy’s got brains
He just don’t use ‘em, that’s all
The boy’s got brains
He just refuse to use ‘em and that’s all
He says, “The more I get to thinkin'
The less I tend to laugh”
The boy’s got brains
He just abstains

~P. Simon

#26 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:51 AM

To me the whole thing can be thought of as a giant infinitly flexible rubber sheet of absolute nothing, and it has all the "twists" in it that are the particles (see Alders "spirals" or voticies). So the energy is holding the twists which represents the potential energy that we interpret with our peice of consciousness as "mass". All phenomenon are created out of these twists and transfers between them.

It's like the god and goddess are painting this picture which we call "reality" for us, their children and we are learning to follow suit, while at the same time being part of all if it.

What'cha think of that?

If we're all existing 'somethings' made of condensed (and twisted) 'nothing,' would that make us all "massholes" (technically-speaking, of course)? 

Edited by TVCasualty, 23 February 2016 - 09:51 AM.

#27 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2016 - 09:57 AM

Or are we the picture, creating gods and goddesses, and having the chutzpa to call it "reality?"  

#28 Myc

Myc

Myc - o 'Topia

• App Administrator
  • 5,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2016 - 10:09 AM

If we are that ^^^

Then we are just the latest in a long line of beings like ourselves who have participated in the same mass (heh) hallucination. 

#29 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:38 PM

So, what was happening before our hallucinations started?

When I find that I'm being insane, I think, 'what was the last sane thought I had? I'll think that now!'

~T. McKenna

#30 dead head jed

dead head jed

Lost Hill Billy

• 1,594 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2016 - 07:34 AM

Thats about how i see it Steam..

I like to think of the mass holding particles as a sort of universal origomi, with it taking a particular series of creases and folds to yield what we have collectively agreed to call a crain or proton or quark or what ever. The question is how do you use the crain to figure out whats written on the page of the book its folded out of

#31 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,236 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 24 February 2016 - 08:11 AM

higgs_boson.gif

• Alder Logs likes this

#32 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2016 - 08:34 AM

Or are we the picture, creating gods and goddesses, and having the chutzpa to call it "reality?"  

Yes, we seem to be rather precocious twisted massholes.

That jibes perfectly with what I've seen during my heavy Salvia trips, oddly enough. No other experiences have ever made so much of what we call "quantum physics" seem so intuitively clear and obvious (I could "see" it all laid out right "there" in front of me).

I'm confident that I wasn't merely "drunk as a Lord" and merely hallucinating nonsense because a few weeks after one such trip I read a paper published in a Physics journal detailing the math that supposedly proved the veracity of what I "saw." Well, to be honest I skipped over the actual math and focused on the Summary and Conclusion, lol.

Those experiences didn't reveal anything that was specifically related to the nature of atoms (or at least I didn't pick up on anything that may have been, unless the whole trip was actually a meta-metaphor for 'em). Salvia has a lot to say on the topic of dimensions, however (but that's a different topic, sort of. Or maybe not... heck if I know).

#33 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:04 AM

I seem to always have my knee-jerk when that word, "dimensions," pops up.  When I have been blasted or shoehorned out of that solid, liquid, gaseous, normal field of experience, and find myself as simply awareness, even if the left behind version is still seen from there, even if I can pass through the seen physical stuff, I have still seen it in three dimensions, though these three might be stretched and bent, they remain but three axes of space.   I must continue to describe, for the sake of workable language, what I experience as densities.   Connecting two cubes and calling it dimensionality beyond three is a mathematical contrivance with little connection to what is.  The fact that physical matter moves, whether called vibration or spin, does not become proof that the motion is had from the material realm.    I will continue to look to, and for, non- or pre- material fluids, ætheric fluids, if you will, acting in and through these same three dimensions of space, for the workings of the physical realm. 

#34 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,657 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:22 AM

Yeah, it's a problematic word (like any). Incidentally, what it showed me about "dimensions" was that they don't exist; there can be only one!

That does open the door to alternative models, though as you're well-aware the model that can be described is not the reality it attempts to.

#35 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,681 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2016 - 10:38 AM

My endeavor with the terms is to back us out of the cul-de-sac we've spent much of the past century parked in, waiting for the traffic to begin moving.

#36 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,236 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2016 - 05:49 PM

Damn Descartes anyway!

#37 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• Free Member
  • 3,424 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2016 - 06:39 PM

What'cha think of that?

I think I turned into that infinite sheet of twisting rubber nothingness when I smoked salvia once.
  • SteampunkScientist likes this

#38 Oriononthehorizon

Oriononthehorizon

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

And by "wear out" I mean why aren't they subject to the 2nd Law of Thermodynamics?

I was thinking that this is explained by at least a couple theories. One being that energy can't be destroyed, only transformed. Next is a phenomenon, where a strange thing happens when an atom reaches a certain resonance. I'm not sure, but this may be due to the electron spin resonance. When the proper resonance is reached, which is specific for each atom, the atom actually pops out of space/time, and into time/space. When the resonance fluctuates from the exact resonance required, it then pops back over into space/time. Each time this dimension hopping takes place, the atom is "replenished". This is supposedly constantly happening. This is in a way similar to what happens when the wave function of a particle collapses when an it is observed, i.e. the particle is a wave in one dimension, and a "solid" particle in the other dimension simultaneously.

There are many very interesting applications this phenomenon is being used as the basis for. If you can attain the proper overall resonance for let's say some kind of capsule with a propulsion system, you could cause it to pop over into time/space, which by the way, has 3 dimensions of time, and one of space, then you will have achieved one mode of time travel. It has been theorized that many crop circles are actually maps being used by entities that are traveling in this manner, only they are originating from time/space, and not space/time. Are you familiar with the cicada puzzles? This is, like the rest of my post, speculation, but I hypothesize the u.s.govt is using these puzzles as a recruiting tool for people that could read these symbols, especially on the fly. Also, the reason that so many extraterrestrial entities seem to be able to prophecize our future, might be because they are innerdimensional traveling, from another dimension that has a different space/time formulae, like the one I spoke of before. I would love to hear some thoughts on this, and I also want to say, I could be way off on all this,lmao!

Edited by Oriononthehorizon, 22 December 2016 - 02:15 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!