Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Why the heck don't atoms "wear out," or experience entropy?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 GORF

GORF

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 July 2018 - 06:07 PM

https://physicsworld...epancy-deepens/

My rememberies are off. 10^31 not 10^21.

The link talks about neutron decay. They are made up of a proton, an electron and an anti-neutrino, but a proton is made of sub atomic particles only.

#42 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 July 2018 - 09:33 PM

Could just be a physicists pipe dream or wishful thinking.

Or just more of their regular mathturbation.

Edited by Alder Logs, 13 July 2018 - 09:34 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#43 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,195 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2018 - 09:16 PM

The current "Standard model" uses a much loser definition of "particle" which is more of a mathematical abstraction, than a "thing". By the time you're talking about Bosons, nutrinos, quarks, anti-quarks, spin, color, the whole thing becomes a set of equations that define certain probabilities of position and momentum, which is, after all, what they are measuring in those atom smashers.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 14 July 2018 - 09:17 PM.

#44 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 July 2018 - 11:20 PM

Once more I will recommend Occult Chemistry, by C.W. Leadbeater and Annie Besant.   If physicist, Stephen Phillips is correct in his assessment of that work, Besant and Leadbeater's visions of the elements were of their characteristics when at the state of plasma and above, creating each as the image of diatomic structure, and spread out immensely from the state of an atom in its solid, liquid, or gaseous states. 

#45 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 08:59 AM

Is it an established fact that atoms exist in solid, liquid, and gaseous states?

Does that assume that a single atom can exist in three different states or that it would require a large collection of the same atoms to move between states?

My admittedly underinformed understanding is that "states" are populated by atoms, not that individual atoms can be changed into something else without being disassembled  ( at the very least) or merged with others  at which point they're no longer atoms

#46 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

Once again, I am just a dropout who missed the programming.  In my view, all these so-called particles are relationships of fluid motion in a pre-, or non-, material stuff that moves as fluids do.   Each so-called particle is a vortex of this fluid motion, the laminar flow of such, creates the illusions of viscosity and solidity.   Certain spatial groupings of these vortices are/can be made that can be stable to one degree or another at different levels of complexity and at different levels of density.   The denser spatial arrangements constitute the solid and liquid states.   In the gaseous state, a more elevated energetic state, the "particles" occupy more space, yet are still energetically entangled in their stable relationships in space.

There is still a state beyond gaseous where these relationships of vortex motion still hold, and this is a highly energetic state where it's the last we see of it as a unique element before it returns to pure energy,   It is plasma, where the space required to hold these motion domains is relatively even more vast.  Picture superheated steam from one drop of water, and what expansive power it has in its drive to occupy 2300 times the space of that single drop.   Yet, there is still a level of expansion beyond steam in a purely energetic state.

What Dr. Stephen M. Phillips determined is that at the pure energy level, the various elements exist as a diatomic motional structure.  In other words, two atoms of an element, as like oxygen being O2 more often than O1, and in that discovery, made sense of Leadbeater's and Besant's work from the late 19th and early 20th century.    Leadbeater and Besant had described and illustrated element after element, many yet undiscovered, but with a numerical ratio of basic vortex domains (which they called, "ultimate physical atoms," or, "UPAs") to atomic weight that was double what it should have been.   When Phillips figured out that the images L&B "saw" as UPAs were actually quarks, and that in L&B's psychic observations, all the elements could only be seen in their energetic state, or, in the older alchemical terms, in the element of "Fire," as opposed to the three lower "elements" of "air, water, and earth."   At that level of being, all the elements were in a pre-material formation and diatomic.

As a dropout, I am free to see it my own way.   What materialist science can't deal with is my idea that motion can exist without matter.   For the materialist, there has to be something he can measure first, before motion can exist.   I say, motion is what brings the material into existence from a prior non-material something.   I call it the ethers.   That's just a word, for what is, will never be the words we use to talk about it. 

Edited by Alder Logs, 15 July 2018 - 09:55 AM.

#47 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 10:32 AM

thank you, Sir, for taking the time to put it into words

this stuff is a mystery to me as I can't comprehend stuff not being made of hard things and fitting into a small definition I can wrap my undereducated head around.

can you recommend a text that won't leave a newb even more confused?

#48 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:07 PM

Well, for me, there is no book.   For the most part, I am out here on my own, in crackpot land, if judged by the academically educated.   I suggested Occult Chemistry because I think those psychics long ago were straight shooters.  Science paid attention to them until they couldn't make their math work for what the experiments seemed to show them.  Phillips found the way to make the ratios work.   His retrospective of Besant's and Leadbeater's work was called, Extrasensory Perception of Quarks.   That book is too technical for me.   Occult Chemistry is a picture book, which makes it right up my alley.   I got a copy via interlibrary loan from the Library of Congress and made a photocopy of it.   I have to say I was shocked by the source, and I doubt that would happen today.   I believe it can be gotten from most Theosophical Bookstores.   They used to be in most major cities.

#49 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 12:37 PM

Occult chemistry    FREE on Kindle!

https://www.amazon.c...ccult chemistry

Edited by pharmer, 15 July 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#50 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:23 PM

Here is a pdf of it:  http://www.hermetics.../pdf/occult.pdf

#51 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

• 15,028 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 04:25 PM

This is interesting too:  http://www.cwlworld....icle_sept03.pdf

#52 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 4,496 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 July 2018 - 06:59 PM

there may be an issue with the Kindle download. some obscure file extension needs some monkeying with

found a pdf here           http://www.subtleene...s/oc/occult.pdf

#53 Justintime

Justintime

Justincase

• OG VIP
  • 3,198 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 July 2018 - 10:45 AM

Hooooooraaaayyyyy gnome sayin? Haha

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!