Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Automated FC Build Complete! (pix inside)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 Jenniferjupiter

Jenniferjupiter

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 273 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:06 PM

Very stealth... You must live where there are consistant temps.. our garage is either freezing or an inferno! It's an old model T garage.. would be awesome to update it but I think my basement room is going to be the best bet.

#22 Jrotten

Jrotten

Rejecter of False Authority

• Gold VIP
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 07:37 PM

Very stealth... You must live where there are consistant temps.. our garage is either freezing or an inferno! It's an old model T garage.. would be awesome to update it but I think my basement room is going to be the best bet.

The FC is insulated, has power, and the humidity all works to stabilize temps. I worry more about summer temps than winter temps though.

#23 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

Yeah, it might get too hot in there during the summer.

#24 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 April 2016 - 08:13 PM

Yeah, it might get too hot in there during the summer.

ice in the fogger or pans are my plans b and c. We'll see

Edited by Jrotten, 09 April 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#25 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,439 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2016 - 05:56 AM

Lower to initiate pins, then higher when they fruit, Tons of FAE, I put a fan right through an opening that comes on 15min of every hour.

I'm hoping the constant air circulation without dropping RH will handle initiating pins so that I can have trays at different stages happily coexisting.

Forget about constant fae and rh for a minute. What you want for a great pin set and i still F it up but you need to make sure your fruiting plane is ideal i.e. consistency, density, depth, even moisture and its ability to flow evenly throughout and the obvious free of any molds or harmful bacteria.

Now there are many ways time intervals or even constant fae systems but you need to dial in your equipment. You mentioned constant fae without dropping RH and it is possible if you have the right equipment but the absolute #1 pinning trigger is evaporation and you want it done evenly and as much as possible without drying out the substrate. That can be done maintaining 90% rh but keep in mind the air will be near saturation. When that happens the water evaporating from the sub will begin to pool up on your sub and people think contam vector whilebi think shit, i just lost x amount of fruiting surface.

My first tubs i ever run were kept in 90% to 95% rh with hourly fae at 15 minute intervals. Probably cycled the air 3 or 4 times the 15 minutes my coolong fans ran push/pull set up. Again they were my first ever tuns and still show them today i was a newb and never touched a brf or even owned brown rice/flour. I have sense learned so much more and 75% is a good rh until the bulk of your pins are in then crank up to 90%. I really believe if i had the knowledge then that i do now, my tuns would have been better then this. Im wasnt upset with them in fact i thought i was good ;)

3 years later i still share them on occasion and mainly with new cultivators who decide to skip the pf tek like i did. Not saying your new and the Point for sharing these pics is to show you can get a good pin set at 90% rh but i bet you get a better one if all other parameters and or variables are inline. This was started with ms and then grown out over many plates and was almost an isolate so that surely helped.

0f10509da041db8fd3462df43becb393.jpg

580768cf67a408e2ef365c255a673618.jpg

Who remembers those^ i bet mlbjammer does.
  • Mycomaniac2007, Baphom3t, invisibilitysyndrome and 2 others like this

#26 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,439 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:01 AM

If you working with hot temps that is ok. I have pics of indoor grows in the lower 99's but dont have time to find them but they are here somewhere. I read overlay is rare, i know now that info is bullshit. Overlayvhappens frequently if your timing is off or your working in high temps like i do every summer. A portable ac is in order this year but i said that last year alsonso we willcsee. The key is increased rate or fae and always place into fruiting 3 days early to prevent overlay as they will take some time to shift into fruiting and finish colonizing. You will love growing in high temps with cubes. You will have pins one morning and the next morning your cussing because you habe spores to clean up. Very very fast!

Edited by Microbe77, 10 April 2016 - 06:04 AM.

• invisibilitysyndrome and Jrotten like this

#27 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 926 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:10 AM

I am new and I'm really just learning. I think this is flush 5? Just now consistently getting large fruits.

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 13 April 2016 - 12:15 AM.

• Mycomaniac2007, Baphom3t, Microbe and 2 others like this

#28 Microbe

Microbe

civis scientiam

• OG VIP
  • 4,439 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2016 - 09:42 AM

I am new and I'm really just learning. I think this is flush 5? Just now consistently getting large fruits.

Later flushes almost always produce larger but fewer fruits. Your doing good.
  • CatsAndBats likes this

#29 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

this motherfucker

• OG VIP
  • 12,188 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:13 PM

@microbe is like E.F. Hutton, naw mean?  ;)

I've been employing the aforementioned evaporation technique coupled with @sgfg's 'cracked lid' technique. So to recap, 75% to initiate pinning, and to be honest, I'm just eyeballing it, with the lids cracked during the day, closed at night. A fan coming on erry 15 min 24/7.

SA clone, not a true isolate though:

boop.jpg

boop2.jpg

• Mycomaniac2007, Baphom3t, Microbe and 2 others like this

#30 eksfingvub

eksfingvub

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 117 posts

Posted 18 April 2016 - 12:22 AM

good read.... have try give that a shot myself.

#31 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 926 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 11:15 PM

So I fried my original humidity controller and I'm kind of glad. I started with a prewired unit but it seemed to hang once the humidity came up and fell very slow. Just not very accurate. I have now upgraded to a wh8040 that requires some wiring but it is super accurate and very sensitive. It requires some wiring but that was very easy and I just cannibalized my old controller so it cost me a little tape and 6" of wire I pulled out of a dead computer psu. I have a day or so worth of dialing it in to work exactly as I want since it behaves much better than the old one. $25 on Amazon. MUCH happier with the new setup!

#32 Lakegal7

Lakegal7

Student of Life

• Free Member
  • 586 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:31 AM

WoW and a Bow. This is so out of my league ha ha. Definatley taking notes
Very Cool thanks for sharing

#33 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 926 posts

Posted 16 October 2020 - 12:29 AM

Went to clean this and recommission it for the season last night and realized it was time to make some changes. The old system was extremely rugged, but had some rough spots. It also had an undersized chamber for the air handling system and the lights were oriented which grew fruits sideways.

I still have to plumb it when I decide to stick with the old system or go fancier. Also have to run controls into it and I think I will add dual plexi glass to the door, one on each side so that I can see in without opening it. As per before it is all stealth, and able to be put under lock and key. This system will be easier to mod and clean I hope. And finally I will probably grab another of these shelf systems, I realized and can mod them to stick end to end and the shelves can be pulled out allowing for me to add or remove shelves for different tray or tub heights. 2” Semperviva or pan trays don’t need the same headroom as cubes in 4” in sub for instance.

Attached Thumbnails

• 33FF62AC-2A75-437C-88F4-DEAA27BB132A.jpeg
  • EAD67204-9E94-493E-A661-0C817910FBD8.jpeg
  • 3C3E923A-6952-4030-9134-63DAA74D0A30.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 16 October 2020 - 12:32 AM.

• Freaky and Arathu like this

#34 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 6,294 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 October 2020 - 04:31 AM

The combined skills of our members is impressive.....nice work man! 

A

• Jrotten likes this

#35 Jrotten

Jrotten

• Gold VIP
  • 926 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:13 AM

I killed the fogger and until the new one arrives I’ve been experimenting with an aquarium bubbler in the reservoir and constant FAE. I can maintain a constant low stream of air at 75F and 75% RH. Right now it’s really just an incubator, but I am going to try and get a tray of pans to pin by misting. I’m definitely learning more about what it will do semi-automated at the moment and may wind up using some of this information so I can do humidified FAE and fogging separate which I’ve never been able to do. I probably have to do at least one cube grow just to see if I’ve moved forward or backward.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0FC3A50C-9D42-4BF7-AC2D-F54CD3509E43.jpeg

Edited by Jrotten, 20 October 2020 - 12:14 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!