Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Music About Your Life/Past (With Discussion!)

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 4,174 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:21 PM

I can relate to this song , having been stuck inside, I had hope though that one day I would be free.

One of my survival tools was music , to keep my spirits up in a depressing time in my life.

[Direct Link]

Stuck inside these four walls,
Sent inside forever,
Never seeing no one
Nice again like you,
Mama you, mama you.

If I ever get out of here,
Thought of giving it all away
To a registered charity.
All I need is a pint a day
If I ever get outta here
If we ever get outta of here

Well, the rain exploded with a mighty crash
As we fell into the sun,
And the first one said to the second one there
I hope you're having fun.

Band on the run, band on the run.
And the jailer man and sailor Sam
Were searching every one
For the band on the run,
Band on the run
Band on the run,
Band on the run.

Well, the undertaker drew a heavy sigh
Seeing no one else had come,
And a bell was ringing in the village square
For the rabbits on the run.

Band on the run,
Band on the run.
And the jailer man and sailor Sam
Were searching every one
For the band on the run,
Band on the run

Yeah the band on the run,
Band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run

Well, the night was falling as the desert world
Began to settle down.
In the town they're searching for us everywhere
But we never will be found.

Band on the run,
Band on the run.
And the county judge who held a grudge
Will search for evermore
For the band on the run,
Band on the run
Band on the run
Band on the run
  • theAnunnaki likes this

#22 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 4,174 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 02:16 PM

This has given me insight to my life.

[Direct Link]

[Direct Link]

Edited by Heirloom , 23 August 2017 - 02:18 PM.

#23 niemandgeist

niemandgeist

You make me happy in a manic sort of way :)

• OG VIP
  • 2,537 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 August 2017 - 03:12 PM

This song reminds me of overcoming my past. I've suffered through an awful lot of things because of my bipolar disorder. It all started in my "tweens" at around 11 or 12 years old, but it didn't get really bad until I hit about age 17.

When I was younger, I'd say between age 18 to 20, I used to feel pretty down about myself because of these things. Nobody wants to have a mental illness. Nobody wants to be placed into short-term mental hospitals again and again or end up in long-term mental hospitals for a few months. Nobody wants to end up in a long-term hospital at age 17 wondering if they'll ever get out again. When I ended up in that state hospital, so far as I knew, my parents lost custody of me and when I turned 18 in a few months I'd end up going to an adult long-term state run hospital for at least 6 to 12 months. I spent a long time thinking that, because I have bipolar disorder, I'd never really manage to amount to anything in life.

Fortunately, as I grew older, I started to think differently as I slowly managed to accomplish some good things for myself in life. Over time I've become more secure in myself and I've been able to separate the things that I've done and said while sick and symptomatic from my true self.

I had a pretty trying, extremely challenging higher dose mushroom experience a little more than a year ago. The thoughts and feelings that came up involved whether or not I was a good person, what other people thought of me when they saw me or interacted with me while sick and symptomatic during manic/psychotic episodes, some bad things that I did which are totally out of character for me when I was manic/psychotic, and similar things. Was I a loser because it's taken me much longer to "grow up" and move along in life than others?

After that trip I felt cleansed. I realized that, no, I'm not a bad person and that, no, other people who get to know me see this, too, even if they've seen me at my worst when I was sick and symptomatic in my past. I'm doing things to progress positively in my life and have been for a while now. I haven't given up. I take great care of myself physically and mentally. I'm very lucky to have found medications that work so well, to have a family who cares about my well-being and tries to be as supportive as they can, and I truly do feel that I'll be OK.

This song is pretty relaxing and is mainly a rock song with just a few lyrics in it.

The lyrics of this song, I feel, represent my journey through all of the bad things that come with having bipolar disorder and how I've grown to accept it and have been able to slowly improve myself over time instead of completely giving up. I've been able to separate the man I truly am from the man I've been when I was not myself while sick and totally out of my mind. I take good care of myself. I'm kind to others. I've been working and holding down a job. I'm not afraid to ask for help to move forward in life and I'm actively working with people who are helping me to try to make something more of myself so as to hopefully secure a better future for myself.

I feel that my psychedelic experiences, particularly from mushrooms, have helped to heal and guide me over time. For many years now these experiences are only very occasional as I do my best to maintain a good balance in life. I feel healed, soothed, feel as though I've moved beyond my past and look more to the future with hope. The lyrics to this song are very simple but, to me, remind me of how well I've been doing and how I feel rally great about myself that I haven't given up and I'm doing what I should be doing even though life is much harder for me because of my diagnosis/disability.

Lantlos -- "Jade Fields"

[Direct Link]

Lyrics:

Let me go, let me go
Dont't feel sorry
I have been soothed
And forgot about my past
I am a river flowing free
I am the sun
I am the universe fading
I have seen you
I've been through the sun