PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:43 AM

I'd like to start this thread
Many of us have interest in stones and crystals
Asthetic or energetic you know the attraction I speak of

I love the thread "what did you do in your...." In the botanicals thread. Instead of 20 threads of look I started cacti seeds...there is one that everyone posts in and discusses.

I'd like that for stones and crystals. Also an easy reference tool that I can come back to as we grow in our knowledge of this subject.

Rules are simple
Post your favorite stone or crystal that you are working with today
Tell about why you have it or are working with it
Tell your experiences with it or its properties
How has it impacted you
What ever you would like to share.

I will start it off with a beautiful gift from a 'topian friend.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 08 March 2016 - 10:45 AM.

• wildedibles, Skywatcher, Heirloom and 3 others like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 10:44 AM

MOSS AGATEimage.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

http://www.healing-c...moss-agate.html

A 'topian friend suggested I look at agates. I immediately was drawn to moss agate.

I like that moss agate Ballences the right and left brain. It's grounding. Manifests in the agricurtual and gardening realms. Connects you with the spirits of nature.

This moss agate is wonderful. You can't tell from my picture but when you hold it up to the light it looks like you are laying on the ground looking up through the canooy at the Sky.

A friend here on 'topia (I will let them speak up if they wish) found this and made the beautiful wrapping. There is a seedling on the back that starts from the seed and grows into a seedling with its first set of leaves as the support for the cord.

I really enjoy wearing this. I have worn several of my stones around my neck on a hemp or bamboo necklace I made. But none of them have had the reaction as the moss agate does to those who know stones and crystals. People notice it immediately when talking to them in person. It derails most conversation into gardening, growing, and food. My 3 fav subjects. Oddly enough my dog likes to sniff it while on my neck.

I will look for another piece to add to my collection. One I want to have with me while I undertake a (bigger then I expected) urban back yard garden project. But I fear I will damage the necklace through the labor I am performing. So it will stay for daily wear outside of the garden and the other will be used while working.

Edited by PsyBearknot, 08 March 2016 - 12:05 PM.

• Stoned Angel, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 4 others like this

#3 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 March 2016 - 01:07 PM

ROSE QUARTZ

image.jpeg

http://www.healing-c...tz-crystal.html

Myc
I am sure you will eventually we this thread.

You created a thread that I never got to comment on recently about stones and crystals and the power of energy they hold.

It may have been answered this way but I thought it would help some others who have the same question as you did to relay a conversation I had with a 'topian friend.

My question was...is it the stone that has energy or is it my belief in the stone that changes me.

I guess the answer really came down to me.....does it matter?

I have a piece of rose quartz I keep on me regurally

It's a stone of love and healing relationships and not only does its energy have influence on the person, it also positively influences others around you. A peaceful calming energy.

I've noticed while wearing this in a necklace near my heart that my interactions with the general public is more positive. Oddly obvious changes in reactions of people I used to wear it when I worked at a deli helping customers.

It always seemed to remind me that the Quartz was around my neck in time of frustration. It would nock against my neck and would remind me that it was there. Which then Reminded me about what rose quartz is about. I could then look at why I was frustrated or angry and remind my self that it's only hurting me.

Now we go back to the original question....
Was it the stones energy that made the necklace nock against my chest and send living energy through my heart chakra to help me work out my inner feelings
or
was it me bending over to get a box of coffee cups to stock the shelves and this motion caused the necklace nick my chest.

Again my answer came down to...does it matter...it helped me help my self.

I have less road rage, I dislike my co workers less, and I am more comfortable in social situations due to social anxiety and have opened up and talked to other bear about feelings we have let slide for ten years.....

So which is it...to me it does not matter...image.jpeg

Edited by PsyBearknot, 08 March 2016 - 01:08 PM.

• Myc, Stoned Angel, wildedibles and 3 others like this

#4 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2016 - 12:09 AM

Thank you for starting this thread Psy

I wear or carry stones or crystals almost every day. I love the idea behind this thread. I would love to contribute and read other peoples experiences as well.

I am a firm believer that individual stones go to, or are led, to those they want to go to and are needed and appreciated by. The Moss Agate was guided to you, and I was just a stop on its way to its intended destination, a place to enhance its nature with design, but always on its way to you Psy........................

Today and yesterday, I am working with one of two pieces of Scottish Greenstone I have. I LOVE this stone. I cannot question why, but I do have Scottish blood, and was instantly attracted to this when I first saw it, long before I knew the history or metaphysical properties.

I feel what we are attracted to in the mineral world, is a mutual attraction, and when a stone or crystal feels good and pleasurable to hold, it has something it wants to give us. I do not question this as it will be known at some point, what I can do and receive from the contact with that stone. (for as long as it is mutual).

The Greenstone was collected with the permission of the Fae, from an area of the Scottish Isles. It never fails that I will have extraordinary encounters with something magical when I carry it. Yesterday I met a new entity in the garden that had not showed herself to me prior, and was a friend of the winged beings that frequent here.

Today I was in the right place to see a huge flock of migrating water birds, turning and circling and flashing all their colors, right over me, close enough to hear their musical songs of joy for simply playing in the thermals on their way to wherever is home......

I have not met the collector of this stone in person, but have had the pleasure of talking to him.

scotish Greenstone.jpg

SCOTTISH GREENSTONE ®

HAND COLLECTED  IN THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS ! CLEANED IN SPRING WATER ON SITE ~

SCOTTISH GREENSTONE

~ JEWEL OF THE FAE ~

* North West Coast of Scotland*

Formed over 600 million years ago, during the pre Cambrian era when molten volcanic rock pushed up from deep inside the earth through the overlying limestone. Its bright green streaking is Serpentine, formed by mineral reactions and water seeping in as the rock cooled.

The area these stones are found is one of the most remote parts in the highlands and islands.

In Scotland this beautiful green and white stone is highly revered since prehistoric times.

This Scottish greenstone was well known in St Columba’s time during the 5th century.

Local people carried small pieces for protection and since the 18th century small polished pieces have been much prized by collectors, jewellers and the wise folk.

During centuries gone by it is still sought after and considered to have sacred, mystical and healing properties.

As a healing stone it connects deeply with the earth and the realm of the Fae.

This stone can help to draw pain from the body and has been used for thousands of years against poisons and dark magick - A strong protective amulet.

It helps to recall dreams and provides thought mastery; it aids intuition in the healing arts and provides structure and stability. It provides the wearer or carrier with a “new” self confidence and worthiness of self.

Use in stone layouts and grids * connect with the faerie realm * and connect to the spiritual vibration and energy of Scotland.

A piece was always carried when travelling, hunting and fishing to ensure protection and good fortune.

*** Each and every stone collected has been handpicked * charged, blessed under the full moon with the permission and guidance of the Fae ***

* asking permission for the collection of this stone is crucial, there are many legends surrounding gatherers and collectors taking the stone without asking, afterwards being ‘led away with the Faeries’

The special Scottish stones are gifted with many spirits inside and in each and every one are different markings, symbols and signs, faerie faces, totem animals and magick.

A certificate is provided with every stone ~ to authenticate it is Genuine Scottish greenstone ~

** everyone is unique and magickal **

© Esoteric Earth ~ www.esoteric-earth.com

~ THIS WRITE-UP AND ALL OF IT CONTENTS CANNOT BE USED WITHOUT THE PERMISSION OF ESOTERIC EARTH AND / OR LIAM WOOD ~

SCOTTISH GREENSTONE ® IS PROTECTED AND TRADEMARKED FOR YOUR PROTECTION ~ A GENUINE STAMPED CERTIFICATE IS PROVIDED WITH EVERY STONE TO GUARANTEE ITS AUTHENTICITY.

Scottish Green Stone

Physical, Emotional, Mental Integration:  I am here to make you smile, to remind you that life is a wonder, first and foremost.  Never forget that.  Let that lead you into every moment, every adventure.  And if you forget, hold me to your heart and Smile.

Electrical Body Alignment:  I link you to the original delight that inspired you to come here and dance on the Earth Mother as a magical Human Being!

Affirmation of Support~

“I AM Wonder incarnate!”

StoneStory~

I love you.

I adore humans.

I admire how brave you are to be on this planet and to act upon the incredible uniqueness  that you truly are!

Every day of life, I am celebrating you!!!! 

Edited by Skywatcher, 09 March 2016 - 10:02 PM.

• PsyBearknot, Stoned Angel, wildedibles and 4 others like this

#5 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:49 PM

I have been stressed alot lately. Today I woke feeling depleted. I knew I was running really low on energy and had much to do today. I don't usually pick up my stone for the day with forethought, but today I looked for and then carried my Black Amethyst. This is a "feeder" stone, and actually helps me replenish spent energy. I feel it also helps ground out any residual negative, of which I have been exposed to much of lately. It did help me get through the day, and tonight I am tired but not stressed.

I think this is one of many stones that anyone who works with healing should have at their need. The stone is not actually black, but a very dark purple with orange hematite fleck inclusions. This one also shows some chevron patterning.

black amethyst.jpg

Black Amethyst has many qualities in common with the Purple Amethyst crystals.

All types of Amethyst are good psychic protection stones, but in addition the black stones have a good grounding vibration.

The crystal properties of Black Amethyst also makes them excellent healing stones, that help rejuvenate your entire system.

This is a helpful stone for healers to use on days when you have perhaps done to much and need to pick up and replenish your energy. This is a good stone to use in meditation, as like purple amethyst it is stimulating to the higher chakras, and in particular the third eye, while at the same time grounding you.

Edited by Skywatcher, 09 March 2016 - 11:06 PM.

• PsyBearknot, wildedibles, Alder Logs and 1 other like this

#6 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,741 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:23 PM

IMG_20160314_241750561.jpg

Amethyst point (natural crystal formation) which works as an energy filter, attached to a amber and jet necklace. The pendant is the fourth pentacle of mercury and is integrated to the necklace. I wear it every day, and the amethyst point can be detached and used as a pendulum.

The amber and jet are the petrified "blood" and "body" of trees, worn by shamans and third degree Gardnerian witches (my path is the former).
  • PsyBearknot, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 2 others like this

#7 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,741 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2016 - 11:26 PM

Skye, I got to get one of those greenstones! Beautiful color!

#8 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2016 - 04:42 PM

Probably one of my most regularly used stones, are the Agates. They have additional properties by color or type, but generally all are balancing, protective, and good for a generally soothing companion stone.

General Agate properties:

http://meanings.crys...welry.com/agate

Today I have been carrying this particular Bahia Agate. I find it a good one for meditation, and humorous in its way, as it looks like a TV screen with a beautiful crystal matrix as the screen to me.........

I like the Bahias as there is much variation per stone. Most are caramel bands, but at least half of them have more color, orbs, or interesting variation. I got 3 lbs of them and ran them through the tumbler to polish to a good high shine, which brought out all the cool variations on these stones.

bahia agate.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 14 March 2016 - 05:49 PM.

• Myc, Il19z8rn4li1, wildedibles and 4 others like this

#9 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

ૐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः ૐ

• Black VIP
  • 10,061 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 March 2016 - 07:04 PM

I had to like that just for the pic of that beautiful rock.  That is something!

post-126525-0-16114700-1457991715.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 14 March 2016 - 07:05 PM.

• PsyBearknot, wildedibles, Skywatcher and 3 others like this

#10 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:11 PM

I had to like that just for the pic of that beautiful rock. That is something!

post-126525-0-16114700-1457991715.jpg

Recently being introduced to agates and a recipient of one of the hand tumbled bahia agates above I have to say they have become one of my favorite as wall. I have had it with me most of my work days.

I like the balance of left and right and its grounding properties. I tend to hold on to it like most hold onto and play with items dieting meetings. Especially when I speak or present. It's a great Palm stone. Keeps cool in the hand unlike my rise quarts that absorbs the heat.

It's a great stone to focus on. So many faces and a few animals in that stone.image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg

Edited by Skywatcher, 15 March 2016 - 09:08 PM.

• wildedibles, Skywatcher and Jeepster like this

#11 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:17 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_20160314_241750561.jpg
Amethyst point (natural crystal formation) which works as an energy filter, attached to a amber and jet necklace. The pendant is the fourth pentacle of mercury and is integrated to the necklace. I wear it every day, and the amethyst point can be detached and used as a pendulum.
The amber and jet are the petrified "blood" and "body" of trees, worn by shamans and third degree Gardnerian witches (my path is the former).

I love the fact that the pendant can be detached. Very multi functional.
  • wildedibles and SteampunkScientist like this

#12 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2016 - 06:19 PM

I have been stressed alot lately. Today I woke feeling depleted. I knew I was running really low on energy and had much to do today. I don't usually pick up my stone for the day with forethought, but today I looked for and then carried my Black Amethyst. This is a "feeder" stone, and actually helps me replenish spent energy. I feel it also helps ground out any residual negative, of which I have been exposed to much of lately. It did help me get through the day, and tonight I am tired but not stressed.

I think this is one of many stones that anyone who works with healing should have at their need. The stone is not actually black, but a very dark purple with orange hematite fleck inclusions. This one also shows some chevron patterning.

attachicon.gifblack amethyst.jpg

Black Amethyst has many qualities in common with the Purple Amethyst crystals.
All types of Amethyst are good psychic protection stones, but in addition the black stones have a good grounding vibration.
The crystal properties of Black Amethyst also makes them excellent healing stones, that help rejuvenate your entire system.
This is a helpful stone for healers to use on days when you have perhaps done to much and need to pick up and replenish your energy. This is a good stone to use in meditation, as like purple amethyst it is stimulating to the higher chakras, and in particular the third eye, while at the same time grounding you.

Nice a grounding amythest.

What is ment by a "feeder" stone?

Edited by PsyBearknot, 15 March 2016 - 06:20 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#13 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

A "feeder" stone, is one that replenishes your energy. These are most usefull to Reiki or energy healers as the act of using energy to help others can leave you feeling drained, even though when done correctly you are channeling the energy from a higher source. It is still hard to not invest any of your own energy in the process. The Black Amethyst helps you "refuel"so to speak, and I have found it helpful when stress, or exposure to negative or draining situations or people leave me feeling weakened. Left un dealt with, this can lead to physical and mental states that are not good for you. 

The stone seems to help fill me again, whether or not I simply expect this to be true and thereby shift my perspective to recieve and spiritually heal, and accept the abundance available. Or for reasons relating to the nature of this crystal.

• PsyBearknot and wildedibles like this

#14 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 March 2016 - 09:24 PM

ARFVEDSONITE

Something I only work with on occasion, called to me today. When I first got this stone, I could not work with it for more than a few minutes. It gave me a headache, and I later learned it should be followed with a grounding . This has been true for me. I seem to be forever in a state of transition it seems. I also lose my balance more easilly (I blame the meds).

I have felt a need to improve my flow in the higher Chakras. I am much more comfortable now with this stone, and it does help me feel a higher activity in the crown and third eye. So much negative in my life right now. It was a good day to boost the positive, and accept the trust in my higher self and listen to my intuitive guidence...................

aefvedsonite.jpg

Arfvedsonite
has many powerful attributes, and it is a stone that has the potential to produce amazing manifestation. It is a strong stone for spiritual growth, creating a clear path ahead.
It helps you to re-organize and restructure your life, bringing extraordinary insights and a strong positive vibration.
This is a crystal that aids brilliant manifestations, that will help you on your spiritual journey. It helps you to create a clear path ahead, as it assists you to awaken to the Divine Light, and to anchor it into matter, within your reality.
If you have been feeling depressed, this stone is a powerful aid to lift your vibration, so that you are able to see hope in the coming future.
Arfvedsonite will aid you to bring through more and more light into your being, and you will begin to shine more brightly, as you gain knowledge and insight into your life path. Its vibration will aid you to locate and release any energy blockages in your body.
The light within you will begin to flow, from you to others, creating a stream of light and a flow of deep joy. 
Arfvedsonite is a stone that has some wonderful attributes, that are powerful to use at this time of constant global changes. Its energy is quite powerful, so use it for short periods first.
It is best to slowly integrate its vibration into your system, but once you adapt to its unique energy, you may find that you have some very powerful changes happening in your life. Arfvedsonite stone aids you to remove many of your old patterns, and it may also help you with developing psychically.
It is specifically useful to allow you as see any negativity within yourself, and it has a positive vibration. This helps to drain out negative thoughts, and will aid you to begin to think in new way, as it stimulates positive thought. The action of this crystal helps you to deal with adapting to new situations and it will enhance your ability to develop your intuition.
This amazing stone is known to chase nightmares away, and to bring sound peaceful sleep. It is a strong aid to help you to understand the meaning of your dreams, and it is said to help with astral travel.

• PsyBearknot, Il19z8rn4li1, wildedibles and 1 other like this

#15 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:42 PM

Lapis Lezuli has been my friend this week

Lost it for a bit and just wound it again this week. It likes to disappear

Good for the throat and speaking.

I keep it with me on days I have to talk I front of peopleimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Another one that has mixed colors in it. Looks like the water below clouds.
  • wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#16 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,741 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

IMG_20160331_211239.jpg

I have no idea what this is, but the creamy mint green and licorice black stripes gives me a sense of peaceful ambition... A sense of guidance I guess. Anyone hazard a guess? I got it at a metaphysical shop awhile back, but don't remember what they called it.
  • wildedibles likes this

#17 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,319 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:31 PM

I have no idea what this is, but the creamy mint green and licorice black stripes gives me a sense of peaceful ambition... A sense of guidance I guess. Anyone hazard a guess? I got it at a metaphysical shop awhile back, but don't remember what they called it.

It appears to be a moss agate, but I only have the one picture to go by. If the green is translucent, and the black stripes look dendritic, this is a good guess. It would not be a soft stone. Agate is a hardness of 7 or so, basicly a quartz formation with color from mineral inclusions.Clouding and a huge variation of green color is all found in Moss Agate.

Moss agate is a wonderful stone, and this is a nice piece with very interesting lines or tendrils.Besides being a good stone for calm, it is also good for growth of all types. I find the moss agates also help with communication with the realm of the Fae.

Edited by Skywatcher, 31 March 2016 - 09:39 PM.

• wildedibles and SteampunkScientist like this

#18 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:08 AM

I'm not one who is good at identification cause in slightly new to this, but I got the same feeling when I saw the pic of this that I did when I saw my moss agate the first time. A feeling of joy and wonder.

If it is moss agate, steam, it is a wonderful stone. I get the feeling of peaceful ambition.
It's been a definite driving force in my gardening journey Sence it's found its way around my neck.
I also find the manifestation properties very interesting. Ask neighbor for pile of leaves and come back with 3 bales of straw and a shovel. Lol!

Anyway. What ever it might be its a nice looking one.
  • wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#19 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,342 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2016 - 10:13 AM

WOW, just WOW

you can "buy" a spirit, faery or gargoyle and dragon from someone...
Then You need to buy a vessel to have them bound too...conviently sold by same individual...

Money to enslave even the non humans in our life who just want to help!

#20 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,741 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 April 2016 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Skye, that sounds about right as far as the description goes about translucence and hardness.

Bear, thanks as well. Also, your last post...above. Who is doing this? I wonder if they are just scammers, but regardless it sounds disgusting just to have such a thought.
  • Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!