• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#261 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:53 PM

I bought this amethyst to trade, give to friends, keep a piece or two for myself. I know im not vip but if any of you are interested in trading some amethyst for vip i can do that, pm me. An exact deal and how sweet i can make will have to be worked out when i get home middle to end of aug. and check price for shipping. And if your interested in the rust colored amethyst make sure to pm in the next week, going back threw by the mines, came up with an idea for making wire rings, need to get some more amethyst, so picking up a few more pieces i can do. All of these pieces are 20 30 bucks at the mine i took pics at and the gift store on the highway, i think i can give a lot better deal than that for the price i payed.

• wildedibles likes this

#262 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 01:44 PM

Well you guys might be in more luck for pictures, planning a trip to the mineral capital of canada when i get back to the world and had a week or two of rest, its just a few hours from home. trying to scout out some more local jewelry supplies. Theres an active soldilite mine there and a couple of inactive quartz mines that you can rock hound in, the quartz mines also have a few other gem stones in them.

looking for nice little gem chips that i can wrap into sterling wire rings, and also trying to find sources for cut stones.

• PsyBearknot, wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#263 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 August 2017 - 07:25 PM

well clear quartz is my stone this week .....a few days ago I found a very clear peice its very hard .....the other one was funny today my kid was sitting outside by the tree he climbs ....well a stone fell out of the tree he thought someone was throwing it at him but no one is around?? theres quartz almost looking like tiny crystals stuck to a darker black stone ...the chimpmunk could have thrown it at him lol but its special that it fell from his climbing tree
  • PsyBearknot, Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#264 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,622 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:53 AM

Found this off trail at my favorite sacred mountain.
IMG_20170813_125113504.jpg
  • wildedibles, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#265 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:09 PM

Nice :) I was just thinking about my last post there cuz I found another clear quartz walking home from the store the long way threw the trails :)

I wanted to ask too is smoky quartz good for anxiety / panick attacks ??
My youngest son that had the quartz thrown at him has been having issues ....I had his stone to take pictures and had it in the window with other stones and my son came home saying he had another panick attack at his aunts house I gave him his stone nd told him anxiety being a feeling thing is connected with the spiritual meanings of the stones and well the chippy or tree threw it at you for a reason ;) ....told him to put it in a special spot or in your pocket when you need it :)
  • Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#266 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 August 2017 - 01:17 PM

Well you guys might be in more luck for pictures, planning a trip to the mineral capital of canada when i get back to the world and had a week or two of rest, its just a few hours from home. trying to scout out some more local jewelry supplies. Theres an active soldilite mine there and a couple of inactive quartz mines that you can rock hound in, the quartz mines also have a few other gem stones in them.

looking for nice little gem chips that i can wrap into sterling wire rings, and also trying to find sources for cut stones.

Just got cought up on your posts ....cant wait to see more pictures a couple at a time is just fine :)

I drove by and threw thunder bay a few times but didnt have time to play with the rocks .....same thing in calgary when I would have liked to see the dinosaur bones .'.....but in tumbler ridge I did get to see the dinosaur pathway where a dinosaur took sevral steps that managed to stay in the river rock for this long :) My youngest kid was 6months old then and he sat in one of the foot prints :) Some pictures I wish I still had but the memory will be with me forever ;) stuck in stone :)
  • Skywatcher, Spooner and SteampunkScientist like this

#267 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:25 PM

There is the big point i found in the tailings, not the nicest piece of amethyst but a good score.IMG_0267.JPG

a few small clusters

IMG_0268.JPG

some of the smaller points

IMG_0269.JPG

also got a few hundred small little chips to wrap in wire rings, was hoping to find a lot of ring size points but only found three, bigger ones where easier to find, went threw tailings about an hour. 8 bucks to dig, and i paid 3 for what i took out.

• wildedibles and Skywatcher like this

#268 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 5,117 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2017 - 09:32 AM

Looks like the entry fee was worthwhile Pan !

I have never been able to figure out wire wrapping for rings, but enjoy doing pendants and such. You have some nice material to eork with. I hope you show some finished projects when you get to that.............

#269 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:55 PM

Nice work Pan ;)

Some of thoes are nice and clear already .....do some need to be buffed up before using them?

Ive been trying to get down river all summer the water is so high i may have to wait till fall if we dry out some..... where I usually go you can walk on most of the rocks and they are out of the water but this year everything is underwater still....... I wanna check this year to see what has washed down river after all this water .... I think I maybe surprized if I can tell what Im lookin at most gems underwater or burried in the dirt dont look like much tull you cn clean them up a bit .......the rocks after being in the river all turn black and green starting to grow alge.......
  • Skywatcher likes this

#270 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 05:03 PM

one or two need to be cleaned with a tooth brush. that big point has already been cleaned a bit. Its the iron up there, gives some of the amethyst a brown, red, coffee color.

• Skywatcher likes this

#271 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 7,390 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:20 PM

I know Iron well where I am there is lots of it too ...our water is a nice brown color and many of our rocks have Iron coloring them too
....thats why the granite here is pink or red right??
....I remember Skye telling me some other colorations happen cuz of Iron too but I cant remember the colors ....I thinking green is one...ya the yellow / orange quartz I found is probably cuz of the Iron around

anyway.... I like how the color is diff then just purple :) Makes it special to where its found ....thunder bay is a really cool place I seen thee sleeping giant .....on the other side of the lake there is hills that look like a giant is laying down its really cool rock formations :)

[Direct Link]

Its still easier to see the depth in person it looks more like a real person trying to take pictures or videos sometimes you cannot capture the depth ;)

Edited by wildedibles, 18 August 2017 - 08:38 PM.

• Skywatcher likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!