• 3,634 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

IMG_4521.JPG IMG_4524.JPG IMG_4525.JPG

Any thought on what the gold color line is on this Quartz

It was hard to get a picture of it.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4525.JPG

Edited by Skywatcher, 16 December 2016 - 09:51 PM.

• Skywatcher and SteampunkScientist like this

#142 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,639 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 10:13 PM

attachicon.gifIMG_4521.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4524.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_4525.JPG

Any thought on what the gold color line is on this Quartz

It was hard to get a picture of it.

Thats beautiful Psy.

I had to photoshop your pictures a bit to see some detail, but I recognized this as a Golden Healer Quartz. There are all kinds of visual variations ranging from very opaque to quite clear. The coloring can be pale yellow to rust red and anything in between.The main commonality is these all have iron oxide within the surface of the crystal. This gives them the golden coloration, and the beauty you have pictured has some intense iron oxide inclusions in good concentration within it. I had to clear up the photo to be sure it was not a rutile thread inclusion.

post-126525-0-33305600-1481944418.jpg

These are often Lemurians, but I could not see a good side reflection to look for the ridges. You will have to check for that.

Golden Healers are excellent for the physical and mental. Any other mineral inclusion in quartz crystals is amplified by the quartz. You could read some of the properties of Iron oxide as well. (it helps attract and connect with the Fae among other things)

Metaphysical properties are pasted here:

Golden Healer Quartz       pixel_trans.gifpixel_trans.gif

golden%20healer.jpg

The Golden Healer is a powerful healing crystal as it allows the golden light of Universal Life Force to flow into the body through the Crown Chakra.  The energy then spreads its golden light throughout the body as it clears blockages and imbalances that ready the body for multi-level healing.

The Golden Ray energy of the Golden Healer may represent the Divine Spirit, Source and Creation.  A Master Healer, the Golden Healer is of the highest vibration.  Its energy is powerful, yet gentle and soothing.

Golden Healers can be used to raise the holder’s energy vibration or frequency, which will facilitate spiritual communications over a long distance, including between worlds and dimensions.

Hold a Golden Healer when meditating to connect with Source energy and to reconnect with the “One”.   Highlight a Golden Healer on an altar or grid, to raise the frequency/vibration of your intent.

This is a powerful and amazing crystal, which enhances joy, peace and the spirit of Oneness.

A true Golden Healer is defined as a crystal or crystal cluster with an iron oxide coating, and sometimes denser inclusions, under or in between layers of crystal.  Colors will range from a pale, clear yellow to lemon to darker mustard.  These crystals will have almost a greasy-like, transparent coating, which may show a surprising rainbow or two when turned under a light source.

Unlike Tangerine or Limonite stained Quartz, the color of the Golden Healer will not be affected by an acid bath due to the coating being “protected” by a thin layer or layers of crystal growth.  In other words, this is not a crystal that has a dusting or stain on the outside, but instead it is included within the crystalline growth. Golden Healers can be super clear to milky and dense.

golden healer.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 16 December 2016 - 10:16 PM.

• PsyBearknot likes this

#143 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,639 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:12 PM

I admit I have a bit of an obsession with fossils and fossilized material. Ammonites are one I have long been enamored by. I have several and find them an increadably soothing and comfortable pocket or palmstone. I also love the representation of the Fibbonacci Spiral, or the golden mean from sacred geometry, shown in what was once a living sea creature.

These are two new ones I just aquired, while hunting for an appropriate stone to wirewrap in a pendant for someone here. It is dangerous for me to search out stones for others because I always find ones I can't resist myself.

The first is a great opalized rainbow, My earrings I wear are the same material. I could not resist the fantastic color.

ammonite rainbow opalized.jpg

The second is something I did not realize existed. It is an ammonite that was replaced with Iron Pyrite, also known as fools gold.

Ammonite Pyrite fossil.jpg  

This is some complete information on Ammonites, and their historical metaphysical connections and properties. (Sorry, its lengthy)

The Metaphysical Properties of Ammonites and Ammolite

Do fossils have metaphysical properties?

Fossils are neglected in modern stone books but they are a potent union of the mineral and animal kingdoms. Metaphysical properties can be drawn both from their geology and biology and many were used for spiritual reasons historically.

What is an ammonite?

The Ammonoidea or ammonites (“am-uh-nights”) are an extinct group of shelled cephalopods that lived ~400 to ~65 million years ago. The name may specifically refer to one branch of them, the Ammonitida, that lived ~200 to ~65 million years ago. Their living relatives include the octopus, squid, and nautilus.

Ammonites lived in an external chambered shell, usually in the shape of a coiled spiral. Depending on the species, it could also be straight, partially bent, or corkscrewed. Their body was in the last and largest chamber. As they grew they added progressively bigger compartments to the mouth of their shell, walling off the old ones.

This chambered shell is called a phragmacone (“frah-muh-cone”), from the Greek phragmo, “fence, enclosure, partition”, + konos, “cone”. A thin organ called a siphuncle (“sigh-fung-kuhl”) connected each segment to the body chamber like a strand of beads. The word comes from the Latin sīphunculus, meaning “a little siphon”. They used this tube to maintain their buoyancy, regulating the mixture of water and gas in each compartment through their blood.

Ammonites may be found with a small curved shell called an aptychus (“ap-tea-cus”) or a symmetrically mirrored pair of them. The word comes from the Greek aptychon, “a folding panel with two parts”. There is debate among scientists if they were part of their jaw, a protective cover like the hood of a nautilus, or both. While ammonite shells were grown from aragonite, the aptychus was made from calcite. Although they are chemically related, calcite is more durable so many were preserved on their own, washed away from their shells. They were misidentified historically as a species of clam.

Although an incredible number of shells are preserved, very little soft tissue was fossilized. Therefore no one knows what an ammonite looked like exactly. Although their shells resemble a nautilus, their teeth are similar to the octopus and squid. So a spiral shelled animal with eight to ten tentacles is the best deduction.

What symbolism did ammonites have in antiquity?

The word ammonite references a historic name for the fossil. The first century CE Roman naturalist Pliny the Elder called them hammonis cornu, meaning “the horns of Ammon”. Ammon is the Latinized version of the name Amun, the ancient Egyptian god of creation, later interpreted as a form of Zeus by the Greeks. Amun was depicted as a ram, a man with the head or horns of a ram, or a ram headed sphinx. Pliny states:

The horns of Ammon [“ammonite”] is reckoned among the most sacred gems of Aethiopia [“the upper region of the Nile”]; it is of a golden color, like a ram's horn in shape, and ensures prophetic dreams, it is said.”

Do the historical lapidaries mention ammonites?

Many historical gem books include stones found in animals. Some actually come from living creatures like bezoars, mineral concretions produced in the digestive tract, while others have proven to be fossils. Most period “toadstones”, allegedly from the head of a toad, are instead teeth from the extinct fish species Lepidotes.

Likewise some scholars believe the legendary draconites, found in the head of a snake or dragon, could be an actual stone. Something with a resemblance, like the toadstone. Ammonites are a strong candidate since some draconiteswere described as displaying a serpent pattern. Depending on the text, it protected the wearer from poisons, venomous creatures, or adversaries.

Ammonites actually have a long association with serpents. According to English legend, the 7th century Saint Hilda of Whitby turned an infestation of snakes to stone to allow for the construction of an abbey. These petrified “snakestones” are ammonites. Sometimes artists would carve or paint a head on them, to produce pious souvenirs. English fossil hunters during the early 19th century called ammonites cornemonius, a corruption of their Latin name hammonis cornu.

Ammonites were used in folk medicine across Europe for snake bites, fertility, and birthing pains. In 18th century Germany and England they were added to water as “drakestones” (“dragonstone”) or “crampstones” to treat livestock.

What do ammonites mean in some Native American traditions?

To the Niitsitapi nation (“Blackfoot”), portions of ammonites, baculites, and other fossils are iniskim, meaning “buffalo stone, buffalo calling stone”. Baculites are a variety of ammonite with only a slightly bent shell. Fossil ammonites often come apart, breaking down into their individual chambers. Those with sutures become lobed, roughly resembling an animal, traditionally a buffalo. According to legend the first iniskim revealed itself during a famine to a young woman. It taught her the songs and ceremonies required to call the buffalo to be hunted. They reveal their presence by chirping like a bird and are associated with abundance, good luck, and healing.

What do ammonites represent in Hinduism?

Stones can have a special relationship to the divine in Hinduism, like the egg shaped linga of Shiva and the rounded black shaligram shila or salagram shilaof Vishnu. Shila/Sila means “stone” in Sanskrit, shaligram/saligram is a regional name of Vishnu, and shalagram/salagram refers to a location where they are found. In Hindu thought God takes on different forms for the benefit of humanity. Vishnu is the divine as preserver. He is typically depicted as blue skinned, carrying a mace, lotus, conch shell, and a discus like weapon called a chakra.

The shila or salagram is a fossil concretion from the Gandaki River in Nepal, often with prominent ammonites. They are typically black in color but pyrite inclusions may make them golden. The fossil patterns are believed to represent sacred symbols like the attributes of Vishnu, especially his chakra. In mythology Vishnu transformed into vajra kita, aquatic worms as hard as diamonds, to carve them. An interpretation of the snake like ammonites found inside. The stones are traditionally used for devotion.

What do they mean in Chinese culture?

Some feng shui practitioners recommend ammonite and ammolite, an iridescent ammonite shell used as a gemstone, as wealth cures. Ammolite may be known by the trade name “kirin stone”, after the mythical Chinese composite animal, more commonly spelled qilin or ch'i-lin. They symbolize non-violence, virtue, and longevity. The iridescence of ammolite is said to resemble their fiery scales. 

19th century English texts say the Chinese call ammonites the "kosmos stone", for its resemblance to their symbol for the cosmos.  They mean its comma-like shape resembles the black and white sections of the taijitu (“yin and yang symbol”), especially as a pair.  The spiral of an ammonite is believed to draw in chi (“spiritual energy”) and radiate it out, promoting abundance, health, and well being.

The Hidden Virtues of Ammonite

The metaphysical properties of a fossil are revealed in its geology, cultural associations, and effect on the chakra system:

1. Fossil: Because of their literal connection to the past, fossils support longevity, memory, and past life recall. They are also used to contact spirit guides, honor ancestors, or connect to ancient sources of knowledge. Ammonites are especially well suited for past life work since they are used as an index fossil. They help date the rock layers in which they are found because of their wide distribution, large numbers, and specific time span.

Ammonites only lived in the last chamber of their shell, using their phragmacone to stay afloat. Sometimes we are so focused on the future or the past, including our past lives, we neglect today. Use ammonites to regain perspective on the present, to integrate information about the past or potential future, or reorient after altered states of consciousness like shamanic journeying.

2. Shell: Because they come from the ocean, shells are connected to the Moon, water, and qualities culturally associated with the feminine like intuition, emotions, and the unconscious. Because ammonites are fossilized shells, they help transform the emotional past, releasing dysfunctional family patterns, childhood trauma, or suppressed feelings. Lunar materials are also associated with sleep, dreams, and techniques like lucid dreaming. This is especially true for ammonites since they were used historically for prophetic dreams.

3. Home: Both shells and materials ruled by the Moon symbolize the home. A lot of ammonite terminology is domestic: their shell is a phragmacone, Greek, “a cone of fences”, each chamber is a camera, Latin “a vaulted room”, and the dividers between them are septa, Latin, “walls”. Because of this architectural connection, ammonites are used for the spiritual protection of a house. Since the animal moved from chamber to chamber as it grew, walling off the old ones, they support individuals selling a home, in the process of moving, or adjusting to a new location.

4. Spiral: Both ammonite and nautilus shells are commonly used to illustrate the golden spiral, a growth pattern based on the Fibonnaci sequence with a ratio of 1.618. Unfortunately research suggests this is only rarely true. The nautilus is a logarithmic spiral but its average ratio is 1.33. Because these numbers are close, the inner chambers resemble the golden spiral but the outer ones deviate from it. While an individual shell may be a golden spiral, it is not true for all of them.

The 17th century Swiss mathematician Jakob Bernoulli called the logarithmic spiral the spira mirabilis (Latin, “miraculous spiral”) because of its importance for living things. It allows shells to grow larger, without having to change their shape. Bernoulli wrote:

... since our spira mirabilis [“miraculous spiral”, ie. logarithmic spiral]remains, amid all changes, most persistently itself, and exactly the same as ever, it may be used as a symbol, either of fortitude and constancy in adversity, or, of the human body; which after all its changes, even after death, will be restored to its exact and perfect self...”

Ammonites are associated with change, resiliency, and overcoming obstacles. Like the labyrinth, the spiral represents the journey of life, death and rebirth, and repeated cycles like the seasons and movement of celestial bodies. The spiral shell of the ammonite literally represents their life, created as they added chambers to the open end of their shell. Cross sections of an ammonite are popular wedding gifts because they represent a journey and two parts coming together to make a whole.

5. Animal Totems: An octopus in a nautilus shell that looks like a ram, snake, dragon, or buffalo. Rarely does one fossil have so many animal relationships. Ammonites can be used to connect spiritually to any of these medicines or animal totems in general.

6. Abundance: Ammonites represent abundance in several cultures. The Zeus and horn connection even suggests the cornucopia (Latin, “horn of plenty”). One variety of ammonites is named after it. When he was an infant, Zeus was hidden in a cave from his tyrannical father Cronus. A goat named Amalthea nursed him. When he accidentally broke off one of her horns, it became a symbol of divine generosity, overflowing with food and drink.

7. Aligning the Chakras: Energy follows the structure of a material, producing a similar effect within us. An ammonite shell is a series of chambers, connected together by the siphuncle tube, which regulated the balance of water and gas in each section. The chakra system is very similar. In the original Hindu and Buddhist models, spiritual energy flows through the subtle body along channels called nadi (Sanskrit, “flow, river, conduit”). The body has three main nadi, one in the spinal column and two that wrap around it. The chakras occur where they intersect.

Because of this structural similarity, ammonite and nautilus fossils are used to adjust the flow of energy in the nadi, aligning the chakras. In most nautilus species the siphuncle tube is centrally located. In most ammonite species, it is found along the bottom of the chambers instead. This suggests that a nautilus is better suited for the central nadi and an ammonite the side channels, although either can be used. They can even be combined to balance the entire system. However the snake symbolism of ammonites associates them with kundalini, which is produced in the central channel by joining together the energies of the side ones.

8. Balancing the Chakras: In many spiritual traditions clockwise motion is used to open and counter clockwise is used to close. Clockwise vs. counterclockwise is always a matter of perspective. On one side of an ammonite, moving from the mouth to the center of the shell is clockwise, on the other side, counterclockwise. From the center to the mouth instead is reversed. A chakra that is too open or too closed is out of balance. Running energy through an ammonite in a specific direction can help regulate a chakra: out or clockwise to help open, in or counterclockwise to help close.

9. Healing Properties: Ammonites were used historically for fertility, pregnancy, and birth in both people and animals. Fossils in general are related to Saturn, astrologically oriented healers recommend them for parts of the body ruled by it like the legs, bones, joints, teeth, skin, and hair. Because they come from the ocean, ammonites are also linked to the Moon, which rules the breasts, stomach, digestive system, and womb.

Healers who use the modern chakra system instead associate fossils with the Root Chakra. Because most ammonites are brown, reddish orange, to golden yellow in color, they connect to the Root (brown and red), Second (orange), Third (yellow), and Crown (gold) Chakras. They support parts of the body below the heart and the top of the head.

#144 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,595 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 December 2016 - 11:14 PM

i'm looking for some stone for healing, it has been close to a year since my surgery which removed the labyrinth in my left ear.. I have Menieres disease and it had destroyed my balance and hearing in my left ear which caused rotational vertigo and drop attacks. It took several months for my right ear to compensate for the loss of the other ear for balance. My hearing in that ear is gone, but i have no regrets there, i have the other ear. I do have extreme pain and brain fog, memory loss and fatigue. aside from ibuprophen, and some herbs. I am miserable! i also weened myself of of anti depressants in the same time span.

I'm not trying to say "oh me" like i am whining, i'm really looking for solutions, and i know there are forces out there that we know nothing about and some of them are contained within the stone. Any help? 

• PsyBearknot and Skywatcher like this

#145 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,634 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2016 - 01:47 PM

I'm not trying to say "oh me" like i am whining, i'm really looking for solutions, and i know there are forces out there that we know nothing about and some of them are contained within the stone. Any help?

No worries and no judgments, brother. Glad you stoped by and posted. Welcome to the conversation!

I am not one to answer on the specifics of what your looking for, but I know you will get some of these answered.
  • Skywatcher likes this

#146 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,795 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2016 - 06:42 AM

Purple ...pink and white ....I have two stones that contain Lithium and durring this dark time of year if the lights arnt doin it for ya you can get some help from this stone but really look into it ...my dr at my tuff times recomends lithium for me as a medication but I like puttint this stone in my tub and wearing it instead for a more of :) my style you could say ;)
  • Skywatcher likes this

#147 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,639 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:06 PM

I think we should all have a Lithium Quartz for those days we need a little help to feel better Wilde. I know mine gets into my pocket a lot more often this time of year...............

Quartz works as an amplifyer for any minerals that are inclusions within it. Lithium quartz is very good to lift your mood. 

lithium-quartz2.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 19 December 2016 - 04:20 PM.

• wildedibles likes this

#148 wildedibles

wildedibles

Naturalist

• OG VIP
  • 6,795 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

Yep thats the one Skye :) It found me the other day I seen it before I needed it so I knew where it was its one of thoes days when the stone found me :) ...........I have stuck the stone on my tounge before too and it does feel a little tingely its kinda neat :) .....This is also a proven metal for use as a medication ....stones have mysterious ways ......I like to use this stone for a little help but you have to keep positive when feeling down and out this time of year its hard to do sometimes :) finding a pet to pet or a kid to make you laugh sure does help too ;)
  • Skywatcher and wharfrat like this

#149 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 3,634 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:50 PM

Cherry Magical properties: Cherry wands are very centered and has very grounded energy. Earth energy is very well grounded, unwavering, and solid. Cherry is used in ritual to stabilize and focus. Cherry is often used for intuitive and insight and to overcome obstacles. This is an excellent choice for divination or medium work, as well as healing and love magic. Cherry is suited for use in hunting magick, working with animals and familiars, eroticism, unification of covens and groups, spells of detection, and amplifying spell work

I have kept this with me during a recent death in the family because I figured wood is good grounding and it connected me with the passed. Had not yet done any reading on it.

Healing heart compassion animals
  • Skywatcher likes this

#150 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,639 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

Nice Psy,

Do you have any sites you could recommend for info on different woods? I am familiar with a few, but always thirsty for more information.

#151 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:48 PM

If you need a source of cherry wood, I can be your guy.  It's wild cherry.  I have several logs to saw.  I can cut it to order, my pleasure.

Some of it is keeping me warm right now. 

The ones on the left with the unpainted ends are wild cherry.

gallery_131808_1489_99301.jpg

Edited by Alder Logs, 11 January 2017 - 07:53 PM.

#152 Skywatcher

Skywatcher

Twilight Walker

• 4,639 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

CRYSTALS TO HELP WITH THE MASS CONSCIOUSNESS

Some of you, as well as myself, may be feeling down more often these days. Many are sensitive to the feelings and mood of the masses around us, and it drags on you. At these times we need to keep our spirit elevated, and separate what is ours, and what is not. I asked for help with this, and I wanted to share what has been helping me stay positive and feel in balance during the dark days of winter, and surrounded by an air of unsurity. I have copied some of the material that was shared with me from two of my sources, to share with all of you. These crystals in combination create a very powerful strengthening feel. Good for gridding, or as I have chosen, creating a positive emanation to have near when meditating and where I sleep.

post-126525-0-53339800-1484436370.jpg

Pictured: White Aragonite Bowl, White Satin Spar Selenite, Pale Pink Danburite, Gold Sheen Obsidian, Blue and Green Kyanite, Golden Healer Quartz, Phenakite, Ametrine

FROM DEBORAH BURTON

I asked Kristi what crystals would help the lightworkers right now to be less vulnerable to picking up the Mass Consciousness and to be able to hold more light. If you haven't heard of her, Kristi Hugs is an author, and she has written crystal books and also done a deck of Oracle Cards. She is a respected lightworker and intuitive communicator.

First I want to give you an analogy that may help you:

If you were swimming in a lake that had good pure water and all of a sudden that lake (the Mass Consciousness) became fully polluted and made it much harder for your emotional body to function, you'd get out of the water and stop swimming in the muck, wouldn't you? That would be the logical thing to do. In fact, if you had your best interest at heart, you'd climb up the mountains nearby and watch the lake from afar, wouldn't you? You'd keep yourself safe so that you could still help others. Unfortunately, this isn't what many of us do. We think the negativity we're picking up from the Mass Consciousness is actually our own "stuff" when it isn't. We get mired down in the muck and sit there wondering what happened.

What we can do to best help ourselves and to help everyone else is to be the light that we were meant to be so that everyone else who is able to can follow that light out of the darkness that they are in. It is more important than ever for us to be the light right now. When you find yourself mired in the muck, put on some music. It doesn't even have to be "spiritual" music, but it should be music that you "enjoy". That will take you out of yourself and push you up into the spiritual ranges of positive energy. Dance. Sing. Read. Walk. Run. Swim. Meditate. Do whatever makes you happy and do this whenever you are down in the negative ranges of emotion instead of sitting there and feeling badly.

When we feel good, we emanate more light. We lightworkers came to this Earth at this time to help the rest of mankind. The most important thing we do is be the light, so it is very important to keep ourselves in the positive ranges of emotion! All negativity comes from fear and all positivity comes from love. It's that simple.

Here are the crystals that Kristi was kind enough to give me that should help us now. The crystal information below is used *with* permission from Kristi Hugs. Her web site is Stepping Stones to Crystal Basics.

From Kristi--"I sat and asked what crystals would most benefit persons living on the planet at this time, especially those who are holding the light. The first crystals that were presented were Green Kyanite and Pink Danburite. When I asked why, I was told that these two crystals in combination will help to hold the vibrational light of unconditional love, keeping us strong in the heart space, where the Divine Source resides within each of us. These are both high vibrational crystals/minerals. Working as a team, the energy is incredibly powerful, supportive and loving.

Then three white/clear crystals came to mind: Selenite, White Aragonite and Phenacite. All three are of the highest vibration and aid in being more receptive to the light coming into the body/mind /soul and going out. They are, the keepers of the light and will aid all of those who are keeping the light shining bright here in this dimension.

Then I was reminded of the gold crystals--Golden Sheen Obsidian which helps to ground the body while working with the energy of high vibrational light (black/gold), Ametrine which holds the energizing and stabilizing qualities of pure energy and light. Golden Labradorite which is the perfect representation of holding the light,  and the Golden Healer . The Golden Ray energy of the Golden Healer (and all gold crystals in reality) represent the Divine Spirit, Source and Creation."

crystals for helping the lightworker.jpg

Edited by Skywatcher, 14 January 2017 - 06:32 PM.

• SteampunkScientist likes this

#153 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,613 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:51 PM

The more I try to deny that I'm empath and quite sensitive actually the more "it" reminds me that I don't get that choice.................. :ohmy:  I get to feel others "stuff", including physical symptoms, along with my own as I age and it wears upon me. The information in this sub forum, and this thread, is excellent. I am so glad that this came to be here at Topia................

When I've had too much or I got the "nasties" from someone else I find it of great value to center and ground myself in a "tree" working. Literally the excess energy is allowed to travel down my roots and into the ground.......Mother Earth is glad to help especially if we are able to feel her pain and empathize with her. It would be great if we could set up power spots out in the world for everyone to do just that.......and I'm certain that plastic water bottles and other refuse would have to be cleaned up regularly................. :hug:

"Woodstock"

Well I came upon a child of God, he was walking along the road
And I asked him tell me where are you going, this he told me:
Said, I'm going down to Yasgur's farm, going to join in a rock and roll band.
Got to get back to the land, and set my soul free.
We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon,
And we got to get ourselves back to the garden.

Well, then can I walk beside you? I have come to lose the smog.
And I feel myself a cog in something turning.
And maybe it's the time of the year, yes and maybe it's the time of man.
And I don't know who I am but life is for learning.

By the time we got to Woodstock, we were half a million strong,
And everywhere was a song and a celebration.
And I dreamed I saw the bomber jet planes riding shotgun in the sky,
Turning into butterflies above our nation.

We are stardust, we are golden, we are caught in the devil's bargain,

#154 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 1,968 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:20 PM

Well, Skye keeps crystals around his bed, and Alder keeps a huge pile of logs around his. :)

Me, I take off my rubber soled shoes and stand barefoot in my "grotto" as I call it. The house I bought (and that's a whole mysterious story right there...For another time), has this huge valley filled with gigantic oak trees... The five biggest are in an almost perfect circle (a natural tree pentagram). I stand right in the center, barefoot especially when the moon is full. Now that is a a cleansing charge like no other.

By the way, the first day I actually owned the place, the front yard filled with beautiful red capped Russula mushrooms.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 14 January 2017 - 08:20 PM.

• Arathu, Skywatcher and Alder Logs like this

#155 Arathu

Arathu

Woodlover

• OG VIP
  • 2,613 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

Tingling spidy senses going Steam! Yes indeed...........there is a large Oak on the ground I share with it.....I sit upon her roots and share my breath and consciousness with her......and she shares with me.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!