33 replies to this topic

#21 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2016 - 06:29 AM

You don't even need to make an LC--just inject a syringe into a larger container of sterile water with an airport lid, and you have many syringes for a few years (or however long it takes to use them).

• meyer likes this

#22 meyer

meyer

Its better to burn out, than fade away...

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 March 2016 - 08:13 PM

I took your advice Jammer, I nocced up 10 jars of Viva, and am doing 6 jars of an isolated strain of Koh Sumai and the remaining 5 jars with Albino A+, just in case I have trouble with my Pans as we all know, I can do several grows before Viva will fruit. So in the meantime I have plenty of projects to keep me busy.

I also am PC'ing a quart and injecting the other syringe of Viva in the quart, the Jammer!

#23 meyer

meyer

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:32 AM

After 5.5 days, I have decent growth in 2 of my Semperviva Jars (see pics below). I also have another 2 jars that I am not sure if the are contaminated, but I have separated from the group regardless. Any feedback on this would be great. Thank you all!

Semperviva - 2 Good Jars:

Viva   3 19 16

Semperviva - 2 Questionable Jars:

Viva 3 19 16  Bad Jars

• MLBjammer and pastyoureyes like this

#24 goodbad

goodbad

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:58 AM

That black stuff doesn't look right...

#25 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 04:56 AM

If that spore solution is from ET, I know they put some charcoal (I think) in their syringes.  That is what it looks like anyway.

Here's a picture of one of their standard syringes:

earths_tongue_new_moon_syringe_3.jpg

Edited by MLBjammer, 19 March 2016 - 06:11 AM.

• goodbad and meyer like this

#26 meyer

meyer

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

I was wondering that too Jammer, it doesn't look infected, and as you know the syringes are black as night their "New Moon" syringes. Some got a lol more than others as always, I am going to give them a few days. The first 2 look really good though. I am very happy to have growth this soon, but I have read that they colonize fast, it is the fruiting that takes a while. Was this your experience Jammer?

#27 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,996 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 01:22 PM

Does the charcoal aid in germination? I have been reading about bio-char in the woodlovers thread..

• meyer likes this

#28 meyer

meyer

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:52 PM

The way I understand it is it allows you to freeze these types of syringes allowing for longer shelf life.
, but maybe someone else can answer that better than I can.
  • Heirloom likes this

#29 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:34 PM

Meyer, it's been 7 years since I grew Semperviva.  I cannot remember how quickly it colonized.  I believe it was average.  Fruiting did take a while, though.

HS, I have seen folks use activated charcoal to revive very old spores.  Now I don't know if that is what is in the ET syringes, just a guess.

I think ET offers syringes that you can freeze, but they are different from the New Moon ones.

And I would say those jars are perfectly fine, man.

Edited by MLBjammer, 19 March 2016 - 03:35 PM.

• Heirloom likes this

#30 meyer

meyer

• OG VIP
  • 997 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:49 AM

Well, I lost all my Viva cakes to contamination. I purchased 2 syringes from Earths Tongue and used the first syringe to nocc up my cakes, everything was clean and I sterilized the cakes. The cakes had a small amount of dung in them (Viva is not a dung lover), but it shouldn't have caused widespread contamination regardless.

I used the second syring to make several more syringes to trade with some of my trading buddies, so far, the 3 reports range from just starting, to full contamination. This begs the question, are my ET syringes that I paid $56 for, before shipping, contaminated? Or was it me?

I have never had a problem with a syringe I bought, unless I screwed up the mix, and I know for a fact was very clean here and sterilized everything, so my first syringe should have been good. The 3 syringes I sent out we're recycled syringes, but I followed Jammer's instructions on how to clean them for re-use. Once I hear back from the other 2 guys on their status, I may be contacting ET and ask for another 2 CLEAN syringes... How do I prove to them that their syringes were dirty? Has anyone had problems with ET? If so, did you get a refund or new syringes? What did you do to prove they were contaminated?

I am going to try spores from syringe 2 and see what kinda of results I get... so far, not a very happy customer.

If anyone has any advice please share, thank you!

#31 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2016 - 04:02 AM

Syringes are easy to sterilize, either drop them in a pot of medium boiling water for 20-30 minutes or PC them at 15 PSI for about the same time.

If you contact ET, I am sure they will hook you up.

• meyer likes this

#32 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 47,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

How on earth dd I miss this thread? Hi Meyer!

• MLBjammer and meyer like this

#33 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,414 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

You were only a year late to the party, man, lol.  I haven't seen old Meyer around in quite a while.

• meyer likes this

#34 CatsAndBats

CatsAndBats

[^._.^]ノ彡 & /|\( ;,;)/|\

• OG VIP
  • 47,982 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:42 AM

You were only a year late to the party, man, lol.  I haven't seen old Meyer around in quite a while.

Oh, I just checked the year, HA! I 420'd it up pretty hard yesterday.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!