• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 4,347 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 March 2016 - 11:16 AM

Let's get a collection of links for gardening and urban gardening.

Even if you have put the link in one of your posts feel free to post it here too. Drop a little description on why you feel it's important to you or to us!

I'll kick it off with a link to a HUGE goldmine of videos on YouTube

Growing your greens
John kohler
This dude is LIVING it!

https://m.youtube.co...owingyourgreens

I can only watc a few videos at a time of his. He is SO hyped over his passion. It gets me jittery! Lol

Not a knock at you John!!!

He has covered most every subject we will touch on as urban gardeners/farmers.
  • Juthro and Heirloom like this

#2 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,459 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 March 2016 - 11:52 AM

Temperate climate Permaculture. I think this is important because it produce year after year with no replanting. The site has varied topics including alternative housing, water of course plants and more.

Buckwheat can be grown as a permaculre food that is fast to harvest.

Saffron Crocus  sourse of the spice saffron ,most expensive spice in the world. I mature saffron corm will produce 10 corms to be planted expanding the crop rapidly. Saffron when the smell is inhaled for 20 minutes reduces anxiety ,has medical value and is great for cooking. I ate saffron rice yesterday and the color was as beautiful as the taste.

Lots on trees , shrubs and even mushrooms. They talk about raising animals and using wetland , more than I can mention.

Worth a look.

http://tcpermaculture.com edit fixed link works now

edit - this is not just talk but they operate a permaculture farm in TN, also info on forest food and so much more

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 27 March 2016 - 12:56 PM.

• PsyBearknot likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!