Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

William Leonard Pickard Has a Book Out! The Rose of Paracelsus!!!

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#21 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:46 AM

Dani , it can't be cooked in a car. some intial procedures require heat and other procedures require extreme cold up to -20 constantly and the chems need to be mixed very slow. It takes time. a big truck could be used if it was parked . Owsley  used a mobile lab.and produced 500gms at a time  or ~10 million hits. .... maybe he was the 6th person who he never met?  later in the book we might find out or speculate the one he never met.

There might be some ideas here for others to be safe.

How much do you want to meet a stranger that you would walk 10 miles one way?

I am glad to see some interest in this topic. This is an advanced read

• MycoDani likes this

#22 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 April 2016 - 02:23 PM

It's very advanced imo as well. It is a book for someone who wants to learn more I'd say of vocabulary and likes advanced reads.

My advice read one chapter a day. Lookup what you don't know etc,. But it can be a touch over descriptive for some but if you enjoy descriptive reads it's one to check out.
  • Heirloom Spores likes this

#23 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:38 AM

Could it be that Pickard writes with descriptive words because he it writing this in prison, living the past in his mind, stimulating his brain as a survival method. After all he has few if any peers in Federal prison.

I believe he may be suffering from ptsd.

Lack of mental stimulation is very bad , unhealthy, a form of torture.

Edited by Heirloom Spores, 16 April 2016 - 11:40 AM.

• MycoDani likes this

#24 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2016 - 09:57 AM

To get an idea of the skill level involved  I thought these PDF's might be provide useful info.

Attached Files

• MycoDani likes this

#25 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:08 PM

Thank you heirloom that's super helpful!

You know I wonder what it is with the overly descript language. It's hard to write like that in the first place but I too get sidetracked with the words because there are so many. It reminds me of how a lot of college professors write. Especially those who like English.

Either way it shows his intelligence but at the same time I see your point with incarsaration not being healthy for a non violent offender at all! It's a question I definitely would love the answer to. I hope he's doing as well as he can be. I'm going to continue to read it Alabet a little slower than I planed. ;)

#26 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 April 2016 - 03:54 PM

Yea I am reading it slower myself .  I wish he knew that many out here want him free.

We may not be able to carry on in his name but we can help others to learn to grow mushrooms for themselves and friends.
doing some of the work he was spreading.

• MycoDani likes this

#27 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2016 - 03:06 PM

I just wanted to add and I edited into my opening topic but I want people to know Mr.Pickard receives no sales from the book which is amazing. So to me he's sharing so much knowledge and history so it's like a gift from him to us the reader.

I'm sorry I didn't add this factoid sooner! It's good to know there are still good peoples in the world.:)

I'm going to start a thread strictly on The Rose itself. So please get ready for that as its a book only discussion. Plus I have a surprise coming so hang in for some good stuff!! I'm looking forward to our little Topia book club and this is a great first book for discussion.

#28 wharfrat

wharfrat

someone familiar

• App Administrator
  • 4,595 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

FYI, this book is also this months Raffle prize :biggrin:

• MycoDani, PsyBearknot and Heirloom Spores like this

#29 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 May 2016 - 06:58 PM

Ah wharf that's a great prize I can certainly vouch!

A beautiful book to have in anyone's library. :)

#30 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:19 AM

Ok instead I've decided not to start a new thread but keep this one going because there are such good thoughts going on here.

I will keep this thread on track it will be about the book only.

So let's get ready for chapter 2 I was behind in starting it due to irl stuff but I have a very good time this week to read chapter. 2 so that will be the next discussion. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the next chapter. :)

#31 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,965 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:01 AM

LSD synthesis is extremely complex involving a lot of glassware and a lot more skill. You can think of like preparing a really extravagant holiday meal with numerous different dishes. Lots of precise steps that must happen in the right order and at the right time and temperature.

Only if you screw up a step you don't just burn the rolls - you ruin the entire meal.

I haven't read a new book in a while. I haven't really wanted to. This thread, however, is piquing my interest...

*EDIT*.
Yeah, um, I was responding to the first page of this thread without realizing there was another page so the above sounds out of context because I am an idiot. Thanks for your time.

Edited by BuckarooBanzai, 02 May 2016 - 10:03 AM.

• Zen_ and Heirloom Spores like this

#32 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 May 2016 - 10:04 AM

That is so awesome, I thought about mentioning that he would be glad to be written to. I am glad you contacted him and he is joining us here.  This thread has only been 2 people until now. If he needs anything like money  PM me . I am not much of a writer but I would help a guy out in prison for only doing good.

you are awesome to get him here , I am excited that he will share his thoughts and that he likes Mycotopia.

• MycoDani, Pan1 and Sicshroom like this

#33 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2016 - 09:43 PM

It's very cool I think we should just leave this thread open for comments from readers. As I'd really like to hear what others think of the book.

So stay tuned we will have some good things coming down the pipe soon.

For now just enjoy reading and please share how you feel about the book.
  • wharfrat likes this

#34 Tenderfoot

Tenderfoot

{{{{{ + }}}}}

• OG VIP
  • 523 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2016 - 06:49 AM

Book ordered!!  Look forward to reading and commenting in near future.... not a prime member, so will be a week or more before I receive!

Like waiting for Christmas morning....

#35 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 08:27 AM

I couldnt help myself bought the book, hope i can get threw it, flunked English a couple of times lol. It should be here before i take off for the summer. I'll try to keep up on this forum when i have internet connection.  I should have lots of time to read in camp grounds. I'm hoping to squeeze this book some where in my already full bag.

• MycoDani, coorsmikey, Heirloom Spores and 1 other like this

#36 MycoDani

MycoDani

Myco Chick

• Site Administrator
  • 9,857 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 May 2016 - 02:56 PM

Awesome pan can't wait to hear what you think of it so please share with us your impressions.

Don't worry just read it slow. it's a good book to go with a slow pace so you digest everything.

Yay I'm happy! :)

#37 catattack

catattack

The Jason Bourne of the mundane.

• OG VIP
  • 5,921 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 10:37 AM

to boost sales and interest in this book , I am starting the rumor that you get a sheet of blotter with every book

You just have to guess what page it is.

I'd read it but I ate the entire book, because @alder said to.

Edited by catattack, 14 May 2016 - 10:37 AM.

• Alder Logs likes this

#38 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 8,189 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 14 May 2016 - 11:10 AM

We'll be watching for your trip report.

• catattack likes this

#39 Pan1

Pan1

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:08 PM

I got the book yesterday. I dont know where im going to fit this monster in my bag, might have to leave some cloths out. I'll try to read a chapter or two on the beach next weekend, and get my option up. i read the first page in the book, dont know what you call it. I'm very excited for this read, should expand my drug terminology lol.

Edited by Pan1, 15 May 2016 - 09:45 PM.

• MycoDani and Heirloom Spores like this

#40 Heirloom Spores

Heirloom Spores

practice

• OG VIP
  • 2,896 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:12 AM

Glad you got this book. We will be interested in your thoughts on the chapters you read. Enjoy you camping.

yea its a big book. out of like but I will get back here and give you one.

namaste

• Pan1 likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!