#1 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2016 - 03:23 PM

Would like to grow a test plant with a soil mix and using ferments like kombucha and kimchi as nutes. Would also like to open up convo about vegan vs non vegan mixes if you would be so kind. Wanna prepare as much as i can to avoid a disaster like last time i tried to grow...would like llama poo and bufallo poo or compost in the mix.

#2 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,517 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

I don't know anything about using kamboucha or kimchi but the method sounds similar to compost tea.

As for the poo - I would not add that directly to the soil mix.

Instead, I would use it as an ingredient in some good compost mix - which will negate the need for "soil".

#3 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,459 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2016 - 06:21 PM

I like to use coir or promix  can use chem or organic nutes.

Never heard of the nutes you mentioned.  kimchi  - do you mean fermented cabbage? an Asian food?

You can take a bucket and add a small amount of manure to it and bubble overnight or longer then pour on as a manure tea.

I would start with a proven method then as you gain experience you can go llama/bufflo or  elephant.

I learned by following proven TEKs , This led to awesome harvests.

good luck

• Lakegal7 likes this

#4 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2016 - 09:23 PM

Yah didnt use a proven method. After reading teaming i thought you can pick your amendments and innoculate the mix with boogie brew. Something like subcools recipie cook the soil for 6 months or something to get the nitrogen in nh3 form and potassium in a form the plant likes which brings me to phosphate the growth limiting macro nute that you need mucorizzae help in the plant uptake. I just had an idea wondering how to test is nitrogen is present in nh4 by fermenting kombucha or Kim is hi and testing the content

#5 Direwolf13

Direwolf13

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,344 posts

Donator

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:47 AM

im trying to create a living soil environment myself. Currently I have released 300 red wigglers worms into my 15 gal pot, and am going to plant a cover crop of rye grass in there this weekend (as was suggested to me). I have also used mycogrow from fungi perfect in the soil mix as directed, plus a table spoon directly in hole every time transplanted and also have watered with a a few times. I have been struggling with ph issues so I added the worms in hopes they will neutralize the soil, burrow to facilitate drainage and O2 deleverance to roots, and also to prune the root systems. Like an automated system. These are my hopes anyway. I also mixed in Neem seed meal,

but things I left out that would have been nice are dolomite, and oystershell. And if your making a pile out back you could add powdered/ground oystershell, and hole chunks decompose. You could also get some humates in there, and plenty of leafy greens like kale, lettuce, and grass clippings to compost and rot away in there. With the compost you could just brew your own tea with it, or top dress once it's cooled down. I plan on starting dividing the 15 gal pot I have now in half if I can make through flowering! And then add some of those amendments to each and do 2 10 gal pots to be used continually for some time.

Lately I have been trying to think of a way to make some kind of shield for the pot that acts like leaves/mulch but really protects from mold/bacteria, promotes moisture retention, but keeps the bugs away or at bay. This way you could compost in your pot indoors and not worry about gnats, or fruit flies.

As far as microbes goes for this current grow I'm doing a friend Brewed some compost tea for me of molasses, kelp, and a bunch of other microbes and also have been watering with breast milk and coconut water. The breast milk idea came because in a pinch I didn't have time to drive out to a farm for unpasteurized milk then the idea came to me! Bam!!! I have unpasteurized milk right here already! My plant Hasent been happier since!
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#6 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 March 2016 - 12:06 PM

her is my version of subcools recipie in oder to get high cec soil

insread of

5 bags 12.5cf pf of down to earth organic promix

3 bags down to earth organic promix with llama poo,buffalo compost GH rare earth/hummus, bio char (not sure how much to put in of each maybe equal parts)

2.5lbs bone meal

2.5 fish bone meal

5lbs diatomaceous earth (instead of oyster shell)

5lbs blood meal

3lbs kelp meal

3lbs alfalfa meal

3 gal boogie brew

1 cup dolomite lime

5lbs guano

2 table spoons humic acid and fulvic acid

3/4 cup of epsom salt

33lbs worm castings

1/2 bag perlite (and phosphate rocks help with aeration and roots can break it down for additional phos)

added willow / aloe for transplanting

nettle tea as a foliar spray

wondering what i can do with kudzu and comfrey juice maybe foliar applications since the growth hormones are at the leaf tips

worms are a great idea been thinking about using straw as to cover the exposed soil or rye or moss since they already develop mycorizzal relation ships

this mix wouldnt be condisered vegan though since the bone meal blood meal and or fish bone meal      what would vegan mix look like. Is it possible to use natural forms of nh4 nitrogen, potassium and phosphorus ?  Wondering if those ferments i mentioned earlier can be of use.

#7 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 April 2016 - 01:12 PM

Does this seem like a good mix ? I really wanna start growing is there anyone with experience with organic growing that can use a growing apprentice. I could help fund the grow. Please get back to me. Would be willing to move to get started. 

#8 Direwolf13

Direwolf13

lone wolf

• OG VIP
  • 1,344 posts

Donator

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:03 AM

Looks like a lot of stuff in there, I don't have much experience but with a mix like that I'd let it marinate for a few months outside. it's going to be way to hot! To start growing you can use a lite seedling mix, then transition into a mix like your thinking.

It may be best to start with a more basic soil mix, and then use the same pot of soil over and over again if you have worms composting in there to break down the old root networks. You could also make a big pile out back with all that stuff and brew compost tea with it to feed your plant.
  • wharfrat likes this

#9 JanSteen

JanSteen

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 183 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:31 PM

Woah, why so complicated?

I just get a bag of regular potting soil for 40 bucks per truckload. I add one hand full of store bought organic fertilizer (high N, medium P and K, like 20-8-8) per 10 litres of soil. Mix with compost made from cannabis-clippings (from the worm tower) at a 5:20 ratio of compost:soil. It's not going to be too hot, since the organic fertilizer needs time to break down. 

Add some fungi perfecti mix.

Plant seeds directly in soil.

During flowering, add some more fertilizer, this time high in P and K and if possible no N (most fruit-fertilizers). Two or three spoons full as a top dressing, some extra compost..

Waiting..

Success!

Some soil is recycled in the worm-tower (just some buckets with holes, stacked). The rest is spread out over the lawn. Clippings, stems, leftover, fluffy buds, are all composted again.

The key to a good pH is rain water, and that's free stuff. Even better. If the plants get calcium trouble, I just add some tap water or calmag. But most soils have enough calcium for a lifetime, it's usually a sign of a pH being to high (alkaline).

I grow around 1kg per year outdoors, and have been for the past 10 years. I give half away and smoke the rest. I freaking hate dealers and coffeeshops.

Never has my soil or plants abandoned me. Keeping it simple is the way to go!

No plant is as easy as cannabis and most mistakes can be slimmed down to just a few causes: pH, over-watering, and over-feeding.

Being on cannabis forums for the past 7 years, I've learned that the simplest way is the most effective for everyone. Let the plant do the work; it'll adjust to whatever you present it. It's not a helpless child or something, it's a plant, it literally drinks, feeds, and grows all by itself.

If anybody has some interesting questions about the ganja, just shoot me a pm or lead me to your topic. I need to practice my english, keep it active you know. And cannabis is a plant I know inside and out.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#10 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

Thanks for the reply and sorry dude im in it for making the best molecularly healthy tastey smoke and sell it to legal dispensaries. I just came into a serious amount of cash and want to consider getting into the business. Was thinking of trying to get into MIT for soil microbiology then go to colerodo weed school to get into the buisness. If you had 100,000 what would you do to get in this dream job. I like the idea of veganics... man this just opened up a world of possibilities.
  • Lakegal7 likes this

#11 Myc

Myc

El Jardinero

• App Administrator
  • 5,517 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2016 - 10:25 PM

Man. Lucky you. Invest wisely in your self. 

If you can figure out how to live and do what you love full-time......you've got it made. 

• coorsmikey and Lakegal7 like this

#12 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 31 May 2016 - 01:53 AM

Thanks for the sound advice. Time to find out if this could be a career or just a hobby. Id probably have to relocate as my state has not legalized for smoking yet. Peace love and light
  • coorsmikey likes this

#13 jbburn

jbburn

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 11:15 PM

good luck man, colorado is starting to cap the amount of dispensaries and grows in cer into a lot certain jurisdictions and the legal game is getting harder and more expensive to get into as there are more and more people who have been doing this longer just keep truckin on their success. I'm not shooting ya down, but it's the untapped markets that willl yield the milestone success needed to return on that much of an investment--imagine if voters got out in florida, it'd be a 2 billion dollar industry over night and same with Maine or massachusettes. Oregon just opened up to out of state investments, which is definitely worth looking into as a way to see how the market works. Most people on the cultivation side of the industry have an average of 10,000 hours working in horticulture, botany, farming, etc when they are hired, but with the right education and connections it's possible to get into a lot of grows. 

• Lakegal7 likes this

#14 jbburn

jbburn

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 June 2016 - 12:43 AM

One really good resource to search up, based on your interest in organics, veganics, utilizing microbes, would be Koren Natural Farming. Good luck on your journey, seriously, it sounds like you're striving for the best interests in the industry. don't take my last post as the end all be all haha

#15 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,810 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:30 PM

i've done the veganics thing, both water solubles and composted soils. 

with some plants it was better, some it was crap. just pay attention to the

plant and don't worry about what's "better" on paper. subcool's supersoil

works really well for heavy feeders, there are several other recipes with

varying complexity in this thread- 

https://mycotopia.ne...-your-soil-mix/

Edited by kcmoxtractor, 26 July 2016 - 01:32 PM.

• Lakegal7 likes this

#16 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:03 PM

I am going to California San Francisco / Oakland area was looking for someone with top shelf edibles hash moon rocks and stuff. I am gonna rent a car was wondering if anyone needed a customer and maybe. Please leave me a message for more details.

#17 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,348 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:50 PM

Did someone say ferments?

http://theunconventionalfarmer.com

Edited by Hash_Man, 22 February 2017 - 06:52 PM.

• skunk likes this

#18 FrmSpore2Siid

FrmSpore2Siid

Mycophage

• OG VIP
  • 129 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Awesome info, thanks for that.

Edited by FrmSpore2Siid, 22 February 2017 - 10:23 PM.

#19 Hash_Man

Hash_Man

Cranky Old Weed Codger

• OG VIP
  • 2,348 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:53 AM

It's a drag since February theunconventionalfarmer.com site went to a stripped down version with no pictures but all the info is still there.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!